Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What A Twat

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What A Twat Page: <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What A Twat - 5/6/2012 10:32:15 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

There are many documentated cases of him acting a manner whereby he could be defined as a twat. One such There are instances such as his refusal to sign an autograph for a five year old girl and walking away when she started crying (2010). He swore at a makeup artist telling her to "never f***ing touch him" whilst preparing for an Australian Television appearance in 2011. He threw a tantrum on an American television show called "The Talk" when someone tried to put a baseball hat on him. Marg Helgenberger has stated she hated having to work with him as “I probably shouldn’t say this, but he was kind of a brat,” in that he destroyed food meant for the crew and locked producers in rooms and hid keys etc.

I think yes he is a spoiled brat who has had too much too young, has no dissenting or balancing voice in his life, is able to get away with anything whilst his fans would quite happily cover up a murder for him and as such he is and shall continue to be a twat until such time as emotional maturity hits (unlikely until his career dies in about five years time).

That's the exact reason I picked him. Doesn't matter that he's young or successful, from all accounts the boy is a complete twat.

And yes, I would swap places with him, but in his position I wouldn't be such a twat.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 421
RE: What A Twat - 5/6/2012 10:36:43 PM   
MonsterCat

The guy who didn't turn off his phone before Prometheus started.

Fuuuuuuuck you!

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 422
RE: What A Twat - 6/6/2012 1:38:31 AM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lucky Day

All I'm saying is this. You can call Bieber a Twat all you like. But I don't know many people who wouldn't trade places with him given the chance. I would imagine many of you would.

I honestly don't think I would and I'm not just saying that to be contrary. I genuinely can't really think of a reason why I would want to change places with him.

You wouldn't want to be young, handsome and rich?

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 423
RE: What A Twat - 6/6/2012 7:14:02 AM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

quote:

quote:

All I'm saying is this. You can call Bieber a Twat all you like. But I don't know many people who wouldn't trade places with him given the chance. I would imagine many of you would.

I honestly don't think I would and I'm not just saying that to be contrary. I genuinely can't really think of a reason why I would want to change places with him.

I'd rather be Harry out of One Direction (or whatever they are called).

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 424
RE: What A Twat - 6/6/2012 11:02:47 AM   
st3veebee

quote:

He is very much a winner.

I can honestly say I wouldn't even consider trading places with him.

-He's harrassed everywhere he goes. Cameras in his face everwhere...can't even walkt to the shops without being spotted.

-I genuinely think he's a little thick (Germany question, interviews and he has run into windows at least 3 times on camera). he's also very arrogant and apparently a compelte brat.

-A shocking amount of people hate him  or want him dead. OK so they wouldn't actually do anything about it ..but still.

-He will dissapear at some point. not enough (or any) talent

-He has that youthful baby face that I doubt will age particularly well. He also looks like a lesbian.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 425
RE: What A Twat - 6/6/2012 2:54:40 PM   
Rhubarb

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'd rather be Harry out of One Direction (or whatever they are called).

Nice pretending you don't know who they are there.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 426
RE: What A Twat - 7/6/2012 12:39:52 AM   
DazDaMan

You're not funny, asshole.

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 427
RE: What A Twat - 7/6/2012 12:43:53 AM   
SadFace

Neither is this bellend.

Tobias, you blowhard.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

That's the most wrong I've ever seen someone be on this forum. And both Gimli and Elab post here.

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 428
RE: What A Twat - 7/6/2012 12:54:01 AM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

quote:

quote:

I wouldn't want to be Justin Bieber, which is the situation that was presented to me.

And as for 'handsome', I've never had any problems in that department. I've had my fair share of female (and even male) admirers over the years.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 429
RE: What A Twat - 7/6/2012 12:54:56 AM   
hozay

quote:

ORIGINAL: SadFace

Neither is this bellend.

I watched this guy for the first time recently and can't believe he's still got a gig, he's so unconvincing. He reminds me of those blokes who stand out front of discount stores or strip joints with a PA.
His material is OK (not written by him I think) but surely they could get someone with a bit of charisma to do it. Daniel Tosh is heaps better at the same thing.

(in reply to SadFace)
Post #: 430
RE: What A Twat - 7/6/2012 12:59:12 AM   
Shifty Bench

As far as I know, he writes a lot of the stuff in his TV show. He has a writing team but I think he gets 'final say' as he is the one delivering the gags.

(in reply to hozay)
Post #: 431
RE: What A Twat - 7/6/2012 1:05:12 AM   
boaby

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 432
RE: What A Twat - 7/6/2012 2:22:25 AM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: boaby

^THIS. Absolute pair of nobheads! Caine has lost every semblance of respect in my eyes for choosing to follow that Etonian twat!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 433
RE: What A Twat - 7/6/2012 2:25:48 AM   
Darth Marenghi

It's an odd one, isn't it? I guess some men just want to see the Labour Party burn.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 434
RE: What A Twat - 9/6/2012 3:59:32 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

quote:

^THIS. Absolute pair of nobheads! Caine has lost every semblance of respect in my eyes for choosing to follow that Etonian twat!

Michael Caine isn't a twat, even if Cameron managed to drag him along to a tory press conference. He's an old man for fuck sake, he gets confused easily, and not a lot of people know that.

On another note....

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 435
RE: What A Twat - 9/6/2012 2:09:04 PM   
great_badir

I have heard from several independent sources (a couple of who knew him around the time of Big Train, Hippies and Is It Bill Bailey? when he was a "nice guy") that Simon Pegg has developed an element of twattery, which might just be fame gone to his head?

Not having ever met him, I cannot confirm or deny.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 436
RE: What A Twat - 9/6/2012 2:22:03 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

I have heard from several independent sources (a couple of who knew him around the time of Big Train, Hippies and Is It Bill Bailey? when he was a "nice guy") that Simon Pegg has developed an element of twattery, which might just be fame gone to his head?

Yeah, I've heard that, and from someone who's interviewed him a couple of times too.

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 437
RE: What A Twat - 9/6/2012 2:27:08 PM   
TheSpleen

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

Yeah, I've heard that, and from someone who's interviewed him a couple of times too.

Me too. A friend worked with him about four years ago and swears blind the 'everyman' deal is as fake as can be and the guy believes his own hype and then some.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 438
RE: What A Twat - 9/6/2012 2:30:49 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheSpleen
the 'everyman' deal is as fake as can be

As I've been told, he really was a genuine "everyman" all the way up until around the time of Hot Fuzz but, as you say, the hype seems to have...changed him.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to TheSpleen)
Post #: 439
RE: What A Twat - 9/6/2012 2:38:15 PM   
Sway

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheSpleen
the 'everyman' deal is as fake as can be

As I've been told, he really was a genuine "everyman" all the way up until around the time of Hot Fuzz but, as you say, the hype seems to have...changed him.

I actually started to go off him after reading a lot of his tweets or tweet conversations. Which is ashame as I met him only last year or the year before when he came and did a signing when I was working in Waterstones. He was very pleasant and accomodating - he was only signing his biography for the fans, but he was happy to sign my Shaun dvd, even making a correction to the title (of his own accord) to make it a pun on my name.

I'm trying to reserve judgement, simply based on how pleasant he was to me, but I've certainly started to get the impression that he's getting a bit uppity.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 440
RE: What A Twat - 9/6/2012 6:00:22 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

He looks like someone has melded Rufus Hound and Keith Lemon together....

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 441
RE: What A Twat - 9/6/2012 6:31:55 PM   
sanchia

quote:

You bully you.

Although taken by herself with this thread title it sounds a bit dirrrtyyy.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 9/6/2012 6:32:50 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 442
RE: What A Twat - 9/6/2012 7:18:11 PM   
superdan

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

quote:

Michael Caine isn't a twat, even if Cameron managed to drag him along to a tory press conference. He's an old man for fuck sake, he gets confused easily, and not a lot of people know that.

Michael Caine was a Thatcher supporter, tax dodger, called for the reintroduction of National Service and publicly endorsed Cameron in the 2010 election. Twat.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 443
RE: What A Twat - 10/6/2012 9:28:22 AM   
Lucky Day

quote:

quote:

You bully you.

This woman is the worst person who has ever lived.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 444
RE: What A Twat - 10/6/2012 9:38:13 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

quote:

quote:

You bully you.

This woman is the worst person who has ever lived.

agree

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 445
RE: What A Twat - 10/6/2012 10:41:40 AM   
sanchia

I wouldn't call her a bad person but she must accept that the level of criticism was high and that it was not just "bullying". I think the problem is that she has been promoted above her abilities (as many people are) and as a result she is out of her depth and comes across as a bit uncharismatic and unpleasant at times. The sad thing is that she appeared far more professional and capable when she was just starting out.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 446
RE: What A Twat - 10/6/2012 11:08:25 AM   
superdan

quote:

I wouldn't call her a bad person but she must accept that the level of criticism was high and that it was not just "bullying". I think the problem is that she has been promoted above her abilities (as many people are) and as a result she is out of her depth and comes across as a bit uncharismatic and unpleasant at times. The sad thing is that she appeared far more professional and capable when she was just starting out.

Agree. I don't hate her or anything, but she's definitely got an inflated sense of her own importance. She's an irritating TV host, a woeful DJ and she seems to actually get narked on occasion on Celebrity Juice (unlike Willoughby who, fair play to her, seems able to laugh at herself). She is also, despite her claims to the contrary, decidedly not working class.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 447
RE: What A Twat - 10/6/2012 12:01:19 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

But,all things considered,she is a twat.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 448
RE: What A Twat - 10/6/2012 12:11:43 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

Agree. I don't hate her or anything, but she's definitely got an inflated sense of her own importance. She's an irritating TV host, a woeful DJ and she seems to actually get narked on occasion on Celebrity Juice (unlike Willoughby who, fair play to her, seems able to laugh at herself). She is also, despite her claims to the contrary, decidedly not working class.

Second cousin to the late great Bill Cotton former BBC 1 controller.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 449
RE: What A Twat - 10/6/2012 12:17:41 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

It's an odd one, isn't it? I guess some men just want to see the Labour Party burn.

I just thought I'd quote this as no one seemed to pick up on it.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 450
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What A Twat Page: <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI