Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Moonrise Kingdom - 13/5/2012 11:01:13 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Limited release - 13/5/2012 11:01:13 AM   
DMonkey77

11 days until the release of Moonrise Kingdom in the UK and I can only find a handful of cinemas showing it, none of the big names VUE,Odeon etc and mostly limited to London, I must be mistaken please tell me cinemas aren't this stupid in the UK.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Limited release - 17/5/2012 11:09:28 PM   
TheGodfather

Seen in cinema tonight:

Moonrise Kingdom
Wes Anderson`s new feature film had its world premiere at the Cannes filmfestival yesterday and today it played at the cinema in Belgium.

It is, as it was already clear from the trailer, another typical Wes Anderson film with quircky characters (especially with a Bruce Willis as we`ve never seen him before), black humor and a great eye for detail.
The film has a beautiful colour scheme and gorgeous camera work that puts almost everything in beautiful framed shots. Especially the colours give it a lovely nostalgic atmosphere that the film needs because it is set in 1965.
The two lead characters give strong performances and are supported in it by an all star cast that includes Bill Murray, Edward Norton the above mentioned Bruce Willis.

A special mention goes out to the music that is a mix of classical music by (among others) Mozart, country music by Hank Williams and an original score by man of the moment Alexandre Desplat. It sounds like a weird combination but it`s a great one, it makes a great whole.

For people who are not familiar with Anderson`s work this might feel a bit add but let it all come over you and you`ll be amazed by the beauty of it all.
For fans this of course is a must-see!
9,0/10

Jules: "What" ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in What?
Brett: What?
Jules: ENGLISH, MOTHERFUCKER! DO-YOU-SPEAK-IT?

(in reply to DMonkey77)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Moonrise Kingdom Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI