Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: RE:Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have read the books

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: RE:Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have read the books Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: RE:Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have ... - 19/3/2013 11:21:21 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Angelus

Ah ,that's fair enough. There were a few changes from the book in season 2 that I wasn't too happy about, mainly the awful shoehorned Robb-Talisa "romance".

I can see why they did it though, he's barely in the second book at all and I think audiences may have been baffled if someone who had appeared to be a main protagonist was barely in Season 2 and then to have him randomly show up with a wife may have been alienating. But they did over do it and some of that time could have been spent better; for instance Tyrion's subtle takeover of King's Landing is completely undercooked.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Angelus)
Post #: 121
RE: RE:Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have ... - 20/3/2013 10:17:46 AM   
squeezyrider

quote:

ORIGINAL: Base

Whooohoooo, I can finally read this thread then!!! Started GoT & CoK before their respective series started but they both overtook me, ploughing through Feast For Crows now so I'm good here!!!!!!!

So, we're openly allowed to compare book to series here, yes? WTF is Theon's sis doing in the series 3 trailer?!?!?!?

I think the book timelines, much like Bran Stark, are about to go out the window. A casual TV audience expects to see the characters they expect to see. I suspect we'll even see Theon at some point.

It's going to be really tough incorporating all of the existing characters and the new ones at the same time though.

Yorkshire is a place...

Yorkshire is a state of mind.

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 122
RE: RE:Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have ... - 21/3/2013 2:49:03 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I think the main question is, how exactly are they going to fit the whole of the book into the TV series there's going to have to be some major editing.....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to squeezyrider)
Post #: 123
RE: RE:Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have ... - 21/3/2013 7:18:35 PM   
Base

Storm of Swords is the next 2 seasons so should be fine

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 124
RE: RE:Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have ... - 1/4/2013 10:10:48 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

ARTISAN WHITEBEARD!

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 125
RE: RE:Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have ... - 1/4/2013 10:26:44 PM   
Rgirvan44

The episode titles have been revealled so you can kinda guess where they are splitting it...

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 126
RE: RE:Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have ... - 2/4/2013 12:21:00 AM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

The episode titles have been revealled so you can kinda guess where they are splitting it...

Not surprised, I think everyone was expecting them to use that. I am correct in thinking that they'll be using material from Blood and Gold yeh?

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 127
RE: RE:Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have ... - 2/4/2013 9:41:19 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

3×01 – “Valar Dohaeris”
3×02 – “Dark Wings, Dark Words” - Rob and Cat hearing the news about Bran and Rickon?
3×03 – “Walk of Punishment”
3×04 – “And Now His Watch is Ended” - Crasters Keep and the end of Lord Mormont
3×05 – “Kissed by Fire” - Jon and Ygritte / Thoros
3×06 – “The Climb” - Climbing the Wall
3×07 – “The Bear and the Maiden Fair” - Bear Pit / Sansa-QoT Meet
3×08 – “Second Sons”
3×09 – “The Rains of Castamere” - Red Wedding
3×10 – “Mhysa” - Lady Stoneheart right?

I certainly think that the episode titles have more than one meaning....

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 128
RE: Game of Thrones - for those who have read up to ACoK - 2/4/2013 10:10:45 AM   
galvatron

Does much happen after the red wedding in the novels? I can't remember much after that!

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 129
RE: Game of Thrones - for those who have read up to ACoK - 2/4/2013 10:28:20 AM   
Base

Yeah, quite a bit!!!

I didn't read it that long ago, am only half way through Feast for Crows now, but I don't remember some of those bits!! I thought Tyrion's wedding was before the Red wedding, but it does make sense to have it as the climax of this series.

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 130
RE: Game of Thrones - for those who have read up to ACoK - 2/4/2013 11:51:22 AM   
Timon

Are they going to have the attack on Castle Black this season? By all rights, that should be the 'Blackwater Bay' of Season3 with the giants, the defence of the wall, etc etc - but I haven't seen anything to indicate that it will be in this season.

I'd like to think that the reason we didn't see the Wight attack at the start of Season 3 is they're saving it for later at Craster's Keep (don't want to be too repetitive), but I really want to see the Wildings attack the wall and the Night's Watch pushing the iced barrels down upon them.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 131
RE: Game of Thrones - for those who have read up to ACoK - 2/4/2013 11:58:09 AM   
Timon

Also, so glad they revealed who Whitebeard is early. You can get away with that sort of thing in a book, but in the show it would have just been silly.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 132
RE: Game of Thrones - for those who have read up to ACoK - 2/4/2013 1:24:42 PM   
Chief

I wasn't that keen on the first episode there. I think they tried to cram too much in, I know why they done it but there wasn't enough time spent with each character.

Is that a different actor playing Ser Barristan? Looked a bit different to what I remembered.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 133
RE: Game of Thrones - for those who have read up to ACoK - 2/4/2013 1:30:51 PM   
Angelus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Are they going to have the attack on Castle Black this season? By all rights, that should be the 'Blackwater Bay' of Season3 with the giants, the defence of the wall, etc etc - but I haven't seen anything to indicate that it will be in this season.

I've got a feeling they'll end the season with Jon's return to Castle Black, possibly including the fight with the wildling raiding party and Ygritte's death.

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scraping will remove the black parts!"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 134
RE: Game of Thrones - for those who have read up to ACoK - 2/4/2013 2:03:13 PM   
Rgirvan44

If I was to guess, the Red Wedding will be enough of a BIG moment for this season, with the attack on the wall being used for the next season, along with the other wedding...

Also the way the books work, some of book 4 will be integrated into season 4.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Angelus)
Post #: 135
RE: Game of Thrones - for those who have read up to ACoK - 2/4/2013 2:05:53 PM   
Base

The attack on Castle Black and Ygritte's death is much later, I think that will be season 4 stuff. Assuming teh Red Wedding is the penultimate episode, John's escape from the wildlings makes sense as a cliff hanger for the very end of the season.

(in reply to Angelus)
Post #: 136
RE: Game of Thrones - for those who have read up to ACoK - 2/4/2013 2:08:45 PM   
Rgirvan44

Actually, given the title of the final episode, I wonder if we will see the second wedding in there...

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 137
RE: Game of Thrones - for those who have read up to ACoK - 2/4/2013 2:13:33 PM   
Rgirvan44

From a budget point of view it makes sense to get the characters off the stage, and allow money to free up for new characters in season 4.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 138
RE: Game of Thrones - for those who have read up to ACoK - 2/4/2013 3:16:15 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I certainly think that the attack on Castle Black & the other wedding will be Season 4 material.

I think the last episode of this series will mainly contain Dany freeing Yunkai and the final shot being Lady Stoneheart.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 139
RE: Game of Thrones - for those who have read up to ACoK - 2/4/2013 3:23:55 PM   
Rgirvan44

If the episode is called "Mother" then I think that it will be -

- The last words said at the second wedding
- The freeing of the city (and one of Dany's children coming back to its mother)
- Lady Stoneheart

The theme of motherhood runs through them all. Season 4 would integrate the back half of the book with some of Dance of Dragons.

Post #: 140
RE: Game of Thrones - for those who have read up to ACoK - 2/4/2013 3:57:35 PM   
Timon

Wouldn't the reveal of Lady Stoneheart come a bit quickly after the Red Wedding? Surely that's something that could be teased out for a while?

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 141
RE: Game of Thrones - for those who have read up to ACoK - 2/4/2013 3:57:53 PM   
Base

I only finished this book a few weeks ago and I have no idea who Lady Stoneheart is?!?!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 142
RE: Game of Thrones - for those who have read up to ACoK - 2/4/2013 4:03:57 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Wouldn't the reveal of Lady Stoneheart come a bit quickly after the Red Wedding? Surely that's something that could be teased out for a while?

If the Red Wedding is episode 9, then you could have a scene at the end of the episode where the Brotherhood stand over her body in the river.

Episode 10 would just have a final scene where you would see a couple of Frey's being hunted and hung up, and the reveal of Cat as Stoneheart (GASP!), then cut to credits.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 143
RE: Game of Thrones - for those who have read up to ACoK - 2/4/2013 4:23:48 PM   
Timon

I suppose. For some reason, I assume it might be a season 4/5 reveal with Brienne. I mean, you could show her in shadow for a while, tease it out and have a HUGE REVEAL!

But I guess, that works better in the books than on TV.

I'm interested to see the Edmure Tully/Roose Bolton/Varos dealings. And Brienne vs the bear.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 144
RE: Game of Thrones - for those who have read up to ACoK - 3/4/2013 6:35:08 PM   
Base

Gah, I googled stone heart, obviously I remember the scene with Cat, but don't recall her ever being called that, them think OK may have stumbled on a MAJOR spoiler that certainly hasn't been in any of the books I've read :'(

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 145
RE: Game of Thrones - for those who have read up to ACoK - 3/4/2013 7:42:28 PM   
Indiana Jones

She definitely features with that name in Storm of Swords, 3 days after the Red Wedding she is found by Beric Dondarrion who resurrects her, afterwards she takes the name Lady Stoneheart and takes over from Beric as the leader of his Brotherhood. Again all the happens in Storm of Swords.

It's not the years honey, it's the mileage.

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 146
RE: Game of Thrones - for those who have read up to ACoK - 3/4/2013 10:30:33 PM   
Base

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

No it doesn't! The very last scene is her, completely unexplained, reappearance!!! At last in my copy!

Think I'd best retire from this thread until I have read the entire series

(in reply to Indiana Jones)
Post #: 147
RE: Game of Thrones - for those who have read up to ACoK - 4/4/2013 9:44:50 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Base

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

No it doesn't! The very last scene is her, completely unexplained, reappearance!!! At last in my copy!

Think I'd best retire from this thread until I have read the entire series

Indiana Jones is right I'm afraid Base. Can I just confirm, have you read all of SoS or just the first half as the book was split in two in the UK?

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 4/4/2013 9:47:38 AM >

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 148
RE: Game of Thrones - for those who have read up to ACoK - 4/4/2013 1:14:02 PM   
Base

I read the whole thing on an electronic copy, tho I have the paperbacks. I've just had a flick through them and book 2 does end with Cat's appearance with the outlaws, it's definitely written as though this should be a shock and the reader is supposed to think she is dead. I went back and the last Cat chapter is the red wedding. The events following that were all told second hand, Cersei telling the court that they had received word of what happened, etc...

I believe you guys, but it just doesn't make sense to what I've read?! Whose chapter does she come back in, none of them are written from any of the outlaws point of view in SoS, so who was it following for us to read the events through?!?! It's too bloody long for me to re-read the whole book for 1 or 2 chapters

Post #: 149
RE: Game of Thrones - for those who have read up to ACoK - 4/4/2013 1:32:33 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

You could be right thinking about it! I just can't remember. I could have sworn we found out about Lady Stoneheart in SOS, that's the problem with a thread like this. People remembering where each book ends.

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: RE:Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have read the books Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI