Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: RE:Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have read the books

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: RE:Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have read the books Page: <<   < prev  17 18 19 20 [21]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: RE:Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have ... - 21/6/2014 8:04:49 PM   
target

Im a bit worried about season five. Some story lines seem to be on track (tyrion, Arya) But others like Sansa and Jamie. I Cant see what they're going to do.

Sansa doesn't do much more in the books apart from hang around the eyrie. Then travel down eventually. They seem to have made her a super badass in the show too. Witch makes me think were going to see some stuff thats not even in the books yet. (hopefully the WOW is released before it airs.) Because apparently the writers know the outline of the whole story now.

And jamies storyline seems like it will be totally different. Breanne even said to Pod that the Freys hold Riverrun. So im not sure what the're going to do with him.

I dont know though, hopefully they pull it off. Over all season 4 was really good. Probably the second best season in my eyes.

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 601
RE: RE:Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have ... - 21/6/2014 8:54:50 PM   
Lord Varys

Maybe they will have Jaime hund down the Brotherhood Without Banners...

(in reply to target)
Post #: 602
RE: RE:Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have ... - 21/6/2014 9:37:05 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Rumours are he'll be in Dorne....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Lord Varys)
Post #: 603
RE: RE:Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have ... - 21/6/2014 10:07:52 PM   
Lord Varys

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Rumours are he'll be in Dorne....
What? What he will be doing at Dorne?It doesn't make sense.No Lannister will ever dare to go to Dorne...

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 604
RE: RE:Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have ... - 22/6/2014 7:22:46 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Like I said, rumours. Fuelled by the transcript from the Obara Sand audition tape.

Highlight to read:

OBARA – Admit defeat Tyene. Nym’s mother taught her the whip before the knife and fork.

Woman Off Camera – Mother, Nym, Obara.

OBARA- Will it be war?

Woman Off Camera – Prince Doran will weep for your father but nothing else. We must avenge Oberyn ourselves.

OBARA – Without Doran we have no army to march against the Lannisters.

Woman Off Camera – We don’t need an army to start a war. Queen Cersei loves her children and we have one of them
OBARA – Now you may have a problem.

Woman Off Camera – What’s that?

OBARA – A ship’s captain came to me in Plankytown claiming to have information to sell. I paid. He told me he smuggled Jaime Lannister into Dorne. Now he paid.

Woman Off Camera – The Kingslayer did not go to Prince Doran?

OBARA – No, they rode him ashore in secret.

Woman Off Camera – Why? He did not know. You must chose Doran’s way and peace or my way and war.

OBARA – When I was a child. Oberyn came to take me to court. I had never seen this man before yet he called himself my father. My mother wept and said you are too young and a girl. Oberyn tossed his spear at my feet and said girl or boy we fight our battles but the gods let us chose our weapons. My father pointed to the spear and to my mother’s tears. I made my choice long ago.

There's also a rumoured Tyene Sand audition tape, transcipt below. If this is true it also indicates another regular to be in Dorne in Season 5....

Tyene: He has a good voice.
Obara: He's a singer, if he was a fighter we might've been in trouble.
Bronn: It's against my code to hurt women.
Obara: It's amazing how many men we beat seem to have this code.
Bronn: I wouldn't say you beat me.
Tyene: And how is your arm?
Bronn: Wonderful. Wouldn't feel right to leave Dorne without a new scar.
Obara: You think you're leaving Dorne?
Bronn: No great hurry. Dornish women are the most beautiful in the world.
Tyene: Thank you.
Bronn: I said Dornish women, I didn't say you.
Tyene: I'm not the most beautiful woman you have ever seen?
Bronn: I've seen quite a few women in all the Seven Kingdoms.
Tyene: Tell me one woman more beautiful than I am.
Bronn: Well, now in King's Landing there was an absolute...
Tyene: There was a what? In King's Landing you were saying...
Bronn: Was I?
Tyene: ...there is a woman more beautiful than I am.
Bronn: Was there? My memory's not what it was earlier.
Tyene: And how is your arm now.
Bronn: You seem concerned with it. You must really like me.
Tyene: And how is your head?
Bronn: My head? You don't even want to know what's going on in there.
Tyene: What was that, are you sure you're feeling alright?
Bronn: Sure, a bit woozy but that's to be expected after a good dust-up.
Tyene: Your nose is bleeding.
Bronn: It's not it's the dry air.
Tyene: My dagger was coated with a special ointment from Asshai. It's called the Long Farewell. It can take some time to work some times several days. But if one single drop makes contact with the skin...death.
Tyene: The only antidote. Who is the most beautiful woman in the world? Who? Who, sorry?
Bronn: You.
She takes whatever the antidote it is from or off of her necklace and gives it to him.
Tyene: Don't drop it. I think you're very handsome as well.
She blows him a kiss and laughs.

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 22/6/2014 7:23:54 AM >

(in reply to Lord Varys)
Post #: 605
RE: RE:Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have ... - 22/6/2014 9:55:33 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

If he is in Dorne, does that mean no return next year for Edmure and the Blackfish?

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

Post #: 606
RE: RE:Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have ... - 22/6/2014 10:02:47 AM   
galvatron

Sounds like it... shame as Blackfish is one of my favourite characters.

They're probably worried that the non-read audience won't be engaged with a storyline featuring only a load of characters we've never met before.

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 607
RE: RE:Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have ... - 22/6/2014 10:22:07 AM   
Lord Varys

Very interesting. I like the second character they send at Dorne. Still thinks it's a mistake to send Jaime there...

Post #: 608
RE: RE:Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have ... - 22/6/2014 10:43:31 AM   
Lord Varys

What about Griffin? He will be cut out too?

(in reply to Lord Varys)
Post #: 609
RE: RE:Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have ... - 22/6/2014 11:05:19 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

You've got to remember it's all speculation though. Only a select few will actually know the true plans. The script used in the audition tapes could quite easily be fake.

They're going to have to send one or two established characters to Dorne though, makes perfect sense.

Let's assume Jaime does go to Dorne, possible reasons for being there? Delivering the mountains head? Trying to secure the return of Myrcella?

Who knows what's going to happen. I can see them cutting chunks of the books out though if they're planning (as is assumed) that by the end of Season 5 they want to be up to where the books are currently....

Guess we'll just have to wait and see where they take it. Think it might be a controversial season amongst book readers though...

(in reply to Lord Varys)
Post #: 610
RE: RE:Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have ... - 22/6/2014 1:48:44 PM   
Base

quote:

Let's assume Jaime does go to Dorne, possible reasons for being there? Delivering the mountains head? Trying to secure the return of Myrcella?

Give the implication that the Mountain survived the duel in the series, delivering his head could be tricky!!!

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

Post #: 611
RE: RE:Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have ... - 22/6/2014 1:55:29 PM   
Lord Varys

quote:

ORIGINAL: Base

quote:

Give the implication that the Mountain survived the duel in the series, delivering his head could be tricky!!!

Plus the Martels will never let Jaime Lanister get out of Dorne alive...

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 612
RE: RE:Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have ... - 22/6/2014 1:56:28 PM   
Lord Varys

Is it allowable to make predictions about the contest of Season 5 episodes?

(in reply to Lord Varys)
Post #: 613
Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have read al... - 22/6/2014 4:27:58 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Base

quote:

We know they send a giant skull on the pretense that it is Gregor Clegane, delivered by Balon Swann in the book. I was just thinking they might swap him out for Jaime. Just trying to think of possible reasons why Jaime would be out of his mind enough to be in Dorne.

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 22/6/2014 4:30:57 PM >

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 614
Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have read al... - 22/6/2014 4:32:33 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lord Varys

Is it allowable to make predictions about the contest of Season 5 episodes?

Anything is allowed in here now, except any reference to the TWOW preview chapters and Dunk & Egg. These will need to be in invisible text.

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 22/6/2014 4:33:32 PM >

(in reply to Lord Varys)
Post #: 615
RE: Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have rea... - 22/6/2014 4:50:06 PM   
Ax101

Any other book readers think that when Brienne takes Jaime to Stoneheart, he will survive by winning a trial by combat fight much like The Hound did with Beric Dondarrion?

Post #: 616
RE: Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have rea... - 22/6/2014 4:53:11 PM   
Lord Varys

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ax101

Any other book readers think that when Brienne takes Jaime to Stoneheart, he will survive by winning a trial by combat fight much like The Hound did with Beric Dondarrion?
With one hand?

(in reply to Ax101)
Post #: 617
RE: Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have rea... - 22/6/2014 5:29:42 PM   
Ax101

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lord Varys

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ax101

With one hand?

Yeah, I don't think George RR would have included all that training with Payne unless he puts it to some use.

(in reply to Lord Varys)
Post #: 618
RE: Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have rea... - 22/6/2014 10:14:55 PM   
Mister Coe

Not sure if this has been posted before... if not, enjoy... I thought this was really funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmMiFCpRFBw

Say what now?

(in reply to Ax101)
Post #: 619
RE: Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have rea... - 25/7/2014 11:21:57 PM   
Angelus

Season 5 new cast members: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH2ri8RhSnw

Martells! Sand Snakes! Jonathan Pryce!

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scraping will remove the black parts!"

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 620
RE: Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have rea... - 26/7/2014 5:26:05 PM   
demoncleaner

Post deleted....cause I'm an...idiot!!!

< Message edited by demoncleaner -- 26/7/2014 5:32:57 PM >

(in reply to Angelus)
Post #: 621
RE: RE:Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have ... - 26/7/2014 11:44:42 PM   
Snowth

Finally! They've cast Trystane Martell. I've been looking forward to seeing him ever since reading his lack of anything in the three pages of book he appeared in.

(in reply to target)
Post #: 622
Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 19 20 [21]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: RE:Book Speed Game of Thrones - for those who have read the books Page: <<   < prev  17 18 19 20 [21]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI