Post #: 1
avengers 2 im in - 9/5/2012 1:05:24 AM   
chrisharvey1551

count me there avengers assemble is amazing

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 9/5/2012 1:17:06 AM   
wgfuzzydunlop1

Personally, I'm holding out for the Circus Of Crime!

Post #: 3
oh yes - 9/5/2012 10:21:20 AM   
revanmalak

theyneed a villian that can threaten the avengers.this will give the film emotional weight.something that superman seems to be missing is a villian that is on par with him and we are not talking lex luthor again.

Post #: 4
RE: oh yes - 9/5/2012 10:43:29 AM   
Wild about Wilder

There's plenty to choose from Kang, Masters Of Evil, ULTRON, Zodiac, Kree/Skrull & The Beyonder just to name a few.

(in reply to revanmalak)
Post #: 5
Excellent! - 9/5/2012 10:44:11 AM   
bb

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE was the most fun I had in the cinema for a long time, and I'm glad it's doing very well, both critically and commercially. If they are going to do a sequel, they shouldn't rush into it. My suggestion is that they make it just as epic as the first one, with the same humor and drama. Also, continue developing the relationship between the team.

< Message edited by bb -- 9/5/2012 12:52:20 PM >

Post #: 6
avengers 2 - 9/5/2012 12:12:27 PM   
king of the empire

i hope they bring ms marvel into the avengers 2, we need more female heroes besides the black widow and maria hill. charlize theron would make a good powerful ms marvel

Post #: 7
Behind the times!! - 9/5/2012 1:13:37 PM   
J_BUltimatum

Well considering since Iron Man 2 the majority of the cast have all said they have signed on for at least 2 Avengers sequels and 2 sequels to their respective characters this breaking news is no surprise!!!

Post #: 8
YAWN! - 9/5/2012 1:30:41 PM   
Fozola

Not surprised either. In all fairness, Avengers was a massive let down for me and 3 star movie at best. Bring on the frickin Dark Knight and lets hope that isn't a garbled, muddled mess too!

Post #: 9
Yawn.....YEAH RIGHT!!! - 9/5/2012 3:27:26 PM   
danielthompson99

I have read that Thanos is the villain, and he made an appearance in end credits (I missed that bit on the rush to the car park).
PLEASE can we have a bit of Marvel Girl and Spider Woman PLEASE.
Guessing Giant man and Wasp will be in, maybe the Vision.
I agree, Joss Whedon has to do it. HAS TO!

Post #: 10
RE: Yawn.....YEAH RIGHT!!! - 10/5/2012 10:06:10 AM   
BelfastBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: danielthompson99

I have read that Thanos is the villain, and he made an appearance in end credits (I missed that bit on the rush to the car park).
PLEASE can we have a bit of Marvel Girl and Spider Woman PLEASE.
Guessing Giant man and Wasp will be in, maybe the Vision.
I agree, Joss Whedon has to do it. HAS TO!

I take your point on Whedon returning as director, but it might not be the case. Marvel Studios seem to be operate like James Bond producers, doing all the hiring and firing and basically treating directors as bought-in properties rather than creative essentials. So while it makes perfect sense for Whedon to return for a sequel, it'll be on Marvel's terms; if there's any issues in the negotiations then expect 'scheduling difficulties' to result in a change of personnel...

(in reply to danielthompson99)
Post #: 11
RE: avengers 2 - 10/5/2012 12:07:56 PM   
Wild about Wilder

I say The Scarlet Witch or The Wasp.
Post #: 12
Devisive Dealings.. Death & Mayhem! - 11/5/2012 6:35:13 PM   
darkhart

Joss has given us an opening spectacle and the sequel should once more concentrate on Thanos pulling the Avengers apart, emotionally and phsyically.. and lets not forget that heroes don't always win, and many a comic would leave you on a cliff-hanger where the Avengers were often obliterated, with bodies laying everywhere and the looming question of do they all survive. If Disney/Marvel choose not to go with Joss for a second outing then I would like to see someone like Doug Liman bring to bare some nerve shredding tension, grit and full-on action.

Post #: 13
RE: Devisive Dealings.. Death & Mayhem! - 11/5/2012 7:31:05 PM   
wig31

Avengers was a fantastic film. Been waiting for a comic book film like this for years. Think Thanos willl be either in Thor 2 or Guardians of the Galaxy film if they do it. I am waiting for them to do a decent Silver Surfer film. Was let down with his Appearance in Fantastic Four 2. Remember Thanos is the Surfers Arch Enemy. So maybe we will see them both in Guardians of the Galaxy film. Then in Avengers 3.

(in reply to darkhart)
Post #: 14
RE: Devisive Dealings.. Death & Mayhem! - 11/5/2012 7:36:46 PM   
wig31

Thanos will be in either Thor 2 or Guardians of the Galaxy film if they do one. If they do, think they should also have the Silver Surfer in it near the end. This with lead into the Silver Surfer Movie. As for Avengers 2, think the villian/villians should be Hydra.

(in reply to darkhart)
Post #: 15
Live Action Comic Books, Really - 12/5/2012 2:16:40 PM   
HighwayJoe

No surprise, of course. In a way, these movies have pretty much become live-action comic books, haven't they? You have all of these over-arching storylines spread throughout the end-credits and even actual plots of the movies preceding 'The Avengers' [and I gotta tell you, I prefer 'Avengers Assemble' to what we've got in the States, the needles 'Marvel's The Avengers']--it's a massive story-arc, similar to "Civil War" in Marvel or "Days of Future Past" in the X-titles. I think this is one of the few times were the line, "Nah, you don't really need to watch the others" does not apply. It's a whole new trend, and a whole new way to make and interact with movies. it really -is- an experience, and an event.

So, one figures, "sequel" will be the word until the whole sprawling, multi-part, multi-franchise epic reaches some sort of logical end--whether it be an end to the story... or the box office death of the franchise. And that will take years.

Post #: 16
RE: Live Action Comic Books, Really - 12/5/2012 2:24:12 PM   
HighwayJoe

To add to the above:

I gotta wonder, now. How long before we're asked to tune in to some sort of DVD/TV/Internet-only special or storyline building up to the actual 'Avengers 2' storyline?

(in reply to HighwayJoe)
Post #: 17
Not surprised - 12/5/2012 10:57:02 PM   
james dean

Well they didn't keep this very loki...

Post #: 18
This film, I like it... - 13/5/2012 1:58:28 PM   
freyar_88

ANOTHER! That is all.

Post #: 19
RE: Devisive Dealings.. Death & Mayhem! - 15/5/2012 9:38:01 AM   
Osric

quote:

ORIGINAL: wig31

think they should also have the Silver Surfer in it near the end. This with lead into the Silver Surfer Movie.

Silver Surfer belongs to Fox at the moment though because of the FF movie. So Disney/Marvel can't use him until fox's option runs out, which is probably years off.

(in reply to wig31)
Post #: 20
RE: Devisive Dealings.. Death & Mayhem! - 17/5/2012 2:02:24 PM   
sharkboy

A prediction for future movies, given the last few announcements -We know who appeared at the end of the Avengers.  We also know who the main villain will be in Iron Man 3.  So; Iron Man 3 gives us the rings of power --> Cap 2 brings in the concept of the infinity gems (poss Baron Zemo/Sin as villains?) -->Thor 2 is the construction of the Infinity Gauntlet in Asgard's workshops and Loki/Hela's attempts to use it --> Hela as Death, Avenger's surprise guest, Infinity War-style plot

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Osric)
Post #: 21
RE: Devisive Dealings.. Death & Mayhem! - 17/5/2012 4:24:55 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

A prediction for future movies, given the last few announcements -We know who appeared at the end of the Avengers.  We also know who the main villain will be in Iron Man 3.  So; Iron Man 3 gives us the rings of power --> Cap 2 brings in the concept of the infinity gems (poss Baron Zemo/Sin as villains?) -->Thor 2 is the construction of the Infinity Gauntlet in Asgard's workshops and Loki/Hela's attempts to use it --> Hela as Death, Avenger's surprise guest, Infinity War-style plot

We don't know for sure whether Mandarin is in the film. He may very well be but it's not definitive at this point.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Avengers 2 In The Works Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI