Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Double Bills at cinemas

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Double Bills at cinemas Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Double Bills at cinemas - 8/5/2012 7:54:29 AM   
ukacidman

I recently went to watch the great Documentry - Marly at my local indie cinema. it was a great move/doc by the way. It got me thinking that it would make a great compian paece alongside Fire in Babylon. a great documentry about Western Indian cricket.
it then got my thinking of the old days back in the 70's /early 80's where we had double bills at the flix, I can remeber as a kids seeing a double bill of Gregory's Girl and Chariots of fire back to back to back

another one was a Bond double bill of Moonraker and Live n let Die..
have any of you older reads got any childhood memories of some great double bills. ?

" WAKE UP TIME TO DIE
"
last 5 cinema visits 2013
The Great Gatsby 7/10
Star Trek into darkness - 8/10
Iron Man 3 ( 8/10)
Good Vibrations 8/10
Cloude Atlas 7/10

Post #: 1
RE: Double Bills at cinemas - 8/5/2012 11:38:25 AM   
Discodez

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=1080552&mpage=3&key=double%2Cbill&NID=0#3381419

(in reply to ukacidman)
Post #: 2
RE: Double Bills at cinemas - 3/7/2012 12:17:22 AM   
etmsreec

I remember the double bill of Gregory's Girl and Chariots of Fire too. I saw it at the Carlton cinema in Tuebrook, Liverpool. From a quick check on the web, it seems like it was a fairly common combination.
How anyone thought that the two pictures would be a good combination I dunno, but they're both good in their way. Chariots because of what it is and what it depicted and all that. Gregory's Girl just because of what it is and that I was a not quite teenage boy!
Funny that I don't remember any other double bills?

Steve

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Double Bills at cinemas Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI