Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

James Cameron Teases Avatar 4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> James Cameron Teases Avatar 4 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
James Cameron Teases Avatar 4 - 6/5/2012 9:33:34 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: James Cameron Teases Avatar 4 - 7/5/2012 8:09:40 AM   
NCC1701A

I hope he is joking Avatar 1 was bad enough. How about working on the Blu Ray of The Abyss and True Lies now that would be awesome Mr Cameron.

< Message edited by NCC1701A -- 7/5/2012 8:14:27 AM >

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)
Post #: 2
RE: Avatar hate? - 7/5/2012 5:18:52 PM   
jothman

quote:

ORIGINAL: ZachBobBob

So...why does anyone genuinely hate Avatar? I mean seriously, somebody give me 10 legitimate reasons why it's a horrible, terrible film and why we should never ever see one again? This is a stupid band wagon that everyone has jumped on. The only bad thing about it I saw was the unoriginal plot. And? It was technical marvel and the plot was an excuse to carry effects and the best 3D I've seen. The next ones should have much better stories, so I for one am quite interested to see where he's going to go next.

The story line was utter rubbish, predictable generic Hollywood pap. technically the only 3d movie that has worked but we have been told this story before (pocahontas), good 3d is not enough for me to spend money on terrible dialogue, wooden acting and bad story. I think this is why most people disliked the film
Post #: 3
RE: Avatar hate? - 7/5/2012 6:44:15 PM   
Harry Tuttle

I thought Avatar in 3D was an amazing cinematic experience and I can't wait to see what he's got planned for Avatar 2.

4 films is pushing it though.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to jothman)
Post #: 4
RE: - 7/5/2012 8:29:01 PM   
rich

Unless Avatar 2 becomes something worth all the hype then I don't undestand this at all. So great he made a lot of money, surely the ego trip is over by now and he can see what a mediocre product this was compared to Terminator and Aliens.
Post #: 5
RE: RE: - 8/5/2012 12:20:51 AM   
filmfanatic123

Avatar was okay in 3D, but in 2D it was pretty shit to be honest - Dances With Wolves in space as one critic put it.

I heard Cameron wanted to explore the 'oceans of Pandora' but the story, for me, was thin enough in the first one - there's not really sequel material there, but I'm intrigued enough to be reasonably interested...

Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 6
RE: Non-story - 8/5/2012 1:29:14 AM   
Spaldron

The fact that despite he was clearly exaggerating about an "Avatar 4" you still managed to turn it into a story and another plug for the Avatar machine. How about this, leave it alone until you get some real news k?

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to filmfanatic123)
Post #: 7
Asteroid dead ahead! - 8/5/2012 1:48:46 AM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: BenTramer

So for all the nuclear weapons and military hardware in his movies, Cameron is really just a boring old hippy behind it all who wants to drone on and on about the environment. "I'm in the Avatar business. Period." I can't tell you how sad that statement made me, that a guy as talented as he is will just keep telling the same story over and over again. If he has to make sequels, go back to the Terminator franchise and kickstart the whole thing again.

Well he's proposed a new venture to fund deep space exploration and mining of the asteroid belt(s). So not all's lost. If he actually made a documentary about pioneering space exploration footage as he has done with his Titanic documentaries then I'd be excited.

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 8/5/2012 1:49:14 AM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> James Cameron Teases Avatar 4 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI