Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Lucky One - 6/5/2012 6:06:38 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 6/5/2012 6:06:38 PM   
PuffinParty

I find the idea of a film that glorifies killers like this one does to be extremely offensive. It should never have been made.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Pretty bad - 10/5/2012 2:57:01 PM   
Swedle

I only saw this to celebrate my secret love of Zac Efron (hey, everyone's allowed a guilty pleasure) because normally i have a much more high brow taste in films, and I think the only thing worse than the horribly, cringeworthy, predictable plot was the shocking performance by Taylor Schilling (yeah i dont know who she is either)
It's fairly acceptable if a) you've just been dumped and you want to cry about the fact that there are no men like the men in nicolas sparks books, or b) you have a boyfriend and need to drop hints about how he SHOULD act/look

Otherwise, give it a miss

Post #: 3
You're out of luck - 16/8/2014 11:47:30 AM   
RJNeb2

Off the Nicholas Sparks production line of bland, contrived romances comes this inert entry where a soldier in Iraq is saved from death by a picture of a pretty girl so decides to track her down when he gets back to the USA. Needless to say, the two fall in love despite this Big Secret. While the pictures are pretty, the plot is painful, the dialogue mundane and Efron looks thoroughly bored by the whole proceedings. As well he might.

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> The Lucky One Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI