Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Fear Itself Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> The Comic Shack >> Fear Itself Online Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fear Itself Online - 2/5/2012 11:20:38 AM   
Xanxiani

I recently read the full Civil War event online with a Marvel subscription (108 issues) and enjoyed reading around the main story, for which I already had the trade. The Fear Itself core event is now available (of which I've heard good things), but it seems that only some of the crossover issues are online.

So, is it worth waiting for all of it to be available (inc Iron Man 2.0, Journey into Mystery, FI: Spider-Man) or can I read what is available without missing anything important?

As an aside, if anyone else reads entire crossovers online do you read them in release order, or by title? I found that some seemed highly linked into the main story, but some were barely connected...

"But there's no sense crying
Over every mistake.
You just keep on trying
Till you run out of cake."
Post #: 1
RE: Fear Itself Online - 2/5/2012 6:50:13 PM   
sanchia

Personally I found Fear Itself to be an awful piece of work. The main story in particular was terribly structured and significantly underwhelming whilst the secondary stories carried on with very little impact upon the main event. That said Fear Itself: The Home Front was not too bad but patchy. I would say if you want to read it you can read the core event without the crossovers with no detriment to the thing itself.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Xanxiani)
Post #: 2
RE: Fear Itself Online - 2/5/2012 7:17:03 PM   
Xanxiani

Fair enough. Home Front is one of the series that is available, so I'll go with what I've got. Currently reading the prologues, then I'll crack on with the main story...

"But there's no sense crying
Over every mistake.
You just keep on trying
Till you run out of cake."

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> The Comic Shack >> Fear Itself Online Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI