Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Cruise Attached To Van Helsing Reboot

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Cruise Attached To Van Helsing Reboot Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cruise Attached To Van Helsing Reboot - 2/5/2012 8:19:40 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
And why not - 2/5/2012 8:19:40 AM   
mclane1

It was only a matter of time, that character has loads of potential. Should be good.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
GcR - 2/5/2012 8:48:50 AM   
omgitsgray

Funny that he was the vampire in Interview with The Vampire and now he's a killer of vampires.

Van Helsing should team up with Abraham Lincoln and Blade and whatever venereal disease that took out Edward bloody Cullen, to make an Expendables style movie about vampire killin'.

"Coming back was their first miSTAKE"

...Clever..

Post #: 3
Del Toro! Oh...sorry, not Del Toro... - 2/5/2012 9:13:05 AM   
Mort Grimm

It's amazing how many cool sounding bits of film news start with the words "Del Toro was once rumoured to..." Still, this intrigues me. Hard as I try not to, I like Tom Cruise. I actually quite enjoyed Knight and Day, mostly because he was so good in it. This could work if written well. Cowboys and Aliens by the way, really not that bad. Just needed more scale I think, perhaps a touch more humour?

Post #: 4
RE: GcR - 2/5/2012 10:13:32 AM   
huylang

quote:

ORIGINAL: omgitsgray

Funny that he was the vampire in Interview with The Vampire and now he's a killer of vampires.

Van Helsing should team up with Abraham Lincoln and Blade and whatever venereal disease that took out Edward bloody Cullen, to make an Expendables style movie about vampire killin'.

"Coming back was their first miSTAKE"

...Clever..

Well, I thought so. Need more waiting for something new.

< Message edited by huylang -- 7/5/2012 2:16:52 PM >

(in reply to omgitsgray)
Post #: 5
Cruisin' For Vampire Bruisin' - 2/5/2012 10:31:35 AM   
BenTramer

The biggest howler from the first Van Helsing was when they had a Halloween ball in Romania...they don't celebrate Halloween in Eastern Europe. I can see Tom Cruise doing this (maybe he could hunt down Stuart Townsend for taking on the role of Lestat in Queen Of The Damned).

Post #: 6
- 2/5/2012 11:14:23 AM   
Whistler

I actually quite enjoyed the 2004 Hugh Jackman version, despite all the criticism it gets.

Post #: 7
RE: - 2/5/2012 11:19:50 AM   
NeoBrowser

I'm with Whistler on this. The Hugh Jackman one was loads of good entertainment with plenty of nods towards all the old films. I'm cool with another one but I'd rather they brought Jackman back.with a better plot.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 8
RE: Cruisin' For Vampire Bruisin' - 2/5/2012 12:05:36 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: BenTramer

The biggest howler from the first Van Helsing was when they had a Halloween ball in Romania...they don't celebrate Halloween in Eastern Europe. I can see Tom Cruise doing this (maybe he could hunt down Stuart Townsend for taking on the role of Lestat in Queen Of The Damned).

Queen Of The Damned is easily one of the worst films ever made, so I would very much like to see this.

(in reply to BenTramer)
Post #: 9
RE: Cruisin' For Vampire Bruisin' - 2/5/2012 12:31:07 PM   
Brundlesflies

quote:

ORIGINAL: BenTramer

That was the biggest howler in the film!?!

"The Daily Mail isn't technically a newspaper, more a serialised Necronomicon." C. Brooker
My DVD's

(in reply to BenTramer)
Post #: 10
great fun - 2/5/2012 12:51:30 PM   
purplegnome

2004 movie great fun kate beckinsale mmmm it was advertised as popcorn movie which is exactly what it was not every film has to be a masterpiece

Post #: 11
Cool! - 2/5/2012 1:04:35 PM   
Nicky C

Now that Cruise is starting to look, shall we say, more mature, this sort of role would seem a good fit. Plenty of action and drama and excitement, but with a take on the character that's more experienced. Cynical, even? Van Helsing, to my mind, should be an antihero and this could be something of a redemption tale. Bit like the Last Samurai, actually, which I personally think is an awesome film.

Post #: 12
meh... - 3/5/2012 10:21:30 AM   
rosiecotton

i'm little tired of seeing revamped (no pun intended) movies. the Jackman version was alright... but it's a tad too soon to make another Helsing movie.

Post #: 13
RE: meh... - 8/5/2012 7:03:20 PM   
Sotto Voce

Poor Stephen Sommers is having his movies replaced left right and centre. First GI Joe, then the Mummy, now this.
I say bring it on, though. It was a great concept turned into a pretty average movie- constant action, no depth. Should be good for a franchise, if they do one or two monsters at a time instead of killing them all off in one movie.

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to rosiecotton)
Post #: 14
RE: meh... - 8/5/2012 7:03:35 PM   
Sotto Voce

Poor Stephen Sommers is having his movies replaced left right and centre. First GI Joe, then the Mummy, now this.
I say bring it on, though. It was a great concept turned into a pretty average movie- constant action, no depth. Should be good for a franchise, if they do one or two monsters at a time instead of killing them all off in one movie.

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to rosiecotton)
Post #: 15
RE: great fun - 8/5/2012 9:51:45 PM   
jobloffski

quote:

ORIGINAL: purplegnome

2004 movie great fun kate beckinsale mmmm it was advertised as popcorn movie which is exactly what it was not every film has to be a masterpiece

The advertised popcorn but the film was more like shitcorn.

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 8/5/2012 10:30:42 PM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to purplegnome)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Cruise Attached To Van Helsing Reboot Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI