New Hulk (2015)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> New Hulk (2015) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Hulk (2015) - 1/5/2012 2:31:55 PM   
The Hooded Man

It looks like it's on judging by the response to the character in Avengers Assemble. I hope Ruffalo stays in the role and they don't go down the road of The Incredible Hulk by jettisoning intelligence for unengaging action sequences.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.
Post #: 1
RE: New Hulk (2015) - 1/5/2012 5:20:15 PM   
Marwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

It looks like it's on judging by the response to the character in Avengers Assemble. I hope Ruffalo stays in the role and they don't go down the road of The Incredible Hulk by jettisoning intelligence for unengaging action sequences.

I think that's getting ahead of things really; Kevin Feige says there's no plans, the head of marketing says there should be, Hulk's popularity in The Avengers doesn't necessarilly equal a new solo film.

I'd like to see Ruffalo return in the role by all means as I really enjoyed what he did with Banner and that he was very different to how Bana and Norton respectively have played him - it all fit in the context of the films of course - but so far he's my favourite interpretation.

However Hulk as a solo film franchiser is difficult to get right and while I've enjoyed both previous films I really feel he's better served as being part of an ensemble of these heroes - he gets to shine very brightly but doesn't wear out his welcome.

I'd be interested to see another Hulk film but would rather they used him as a supporting or ensemble character from now on in other films - providing he wasn't crowbarred in I'd much rather see him turn up in Captain America 2 or Thor 2 or just save him for the inevitable Avengers 2 when they're brought back together to kick some Earth or galaxy threatening arse again.

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 2
RE: New Hulk (2015) - 1/5/2012 5:45:49 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Based on having only seen their respective films, haven't seen Avengers yet, watching it tonight, I can safely say I'd much rather another Hulk film than a Captain America one.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 3
RE: New Hulk (2015) - 1/5/2012 5:52:41 PM   
superdan

Given Ruffalo has signed a 6-film deal, I'll be astonished if we don't see him leading a new Hulk movie.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 4
RE: New Hulk (2015) - 1/5/2012 8:22:42 PM   
RobotDevil

I think there is potential for Banner to appear in future Marvel Universe films without the Hulk, acting in a scientist capacity for instance. Don't know how popular it would be though if people saw that Ruffalo was in the movie and turned up expecting the Hulk.

I had Korean Barbecue for lunch - I cannot look at a Dr Moreau pigbaby.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 5
RE: New Hulk (2015) - 2/5/2012 11:59:55 AM   
Whistler

I just watched The Incredible Hulk for the first time last night, and I'd be perfectly happy to see another one. Maybe not six... but another one or two. I also thought Norton was fine, but I did prefer Ruffalo as Banner.

(in reply to RobotDevil)
Post #: 6
RE: New Hulk (2015) - 2/5/2012 2:13:53 PM   
st3veebee

Yeah Ruffallo is easily the best Hulk yet: bring on a few movies! I have two issues though:

1. Hulk worked superbly as a side character in Avengers, making him the central character wouldn't be as effective. Perhaps sharing billing with another character (Thor ) would be better.

2. The pants. Someone must think of a way around the stretchy pants. Nobody wants to see Hulks green wang flapping around in 3D...but the pants are getting ridiculously worn at this stage....and why is he naked when he crashed though the factory in Avengers? Where are his indestructible pants then?!?!?!

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 7
RE: New Hulk (2015) - 2/5/2012 2:24:48 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

Yeah Ruffallo is easily the best Hulk yet: bring on a few movies! I have two issues though:

1. Hulk worked superbly as a side character in Avengers, making him the central character wouldn't be as effective. Perhaps sharing billing with another character (Thor ) would be better.

See I disagree, I already think The Hulk has been in 2 films that are better than Captain America: The First Avenger so I'm looking forward to another Hulk film, especially if Ruffles is involved. If his destiny does lie in appearing in the films of the other Avengers I agree that teaming The Hulk with Thor would be the best (and most indestructible) match up. Banner would be better suited in an Iron Man film though, his rapport with Stark was one of many highlights in the film.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 8
RE: New Hulk (2015) - 2/5/2012 4:38:35 PM   
Whistler

quote:

2. The pants. Someone must think of a way around the stretchy pants. Nobody wants to see Hulks green wang flapping around in 3D...but the pants are getting ridiculously worn at this stage....and why is he naked when he crashed though the factory in Avengers? Where are his indestructible pants then?!?!?!

You wouldn't want to see that?

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 9
RE: New Hulk (2015) - 3/5/2012 3:41:50 PM   
st3veebee

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

quote:

You wouldn't want to see that?

Sorry: meant to say everybody. Especially kids.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 10
RE: New Hulk (2015) - 3/5/2012 11:16:22 PM   
Frank Castle

i personally loved the bits with ruffalo and downey jr in the avengers. a hulk/ironman flick would be awesome

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 11
RE: New Hulk (2015) - 4/5/2012 10:24:00 AM   
Cool Breeze

Why does this thread exist? There is no new Hulk movie planned for release in 2015 or any other time.The only thing that has been strongly rumoured is a tv series in which case it means that Bruce Banner will be recast AGAIN.

Hulk will probably turn up in an Avengers sequel but thats about it.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 12
RE: New Hulk (2015) - 4/5/2012 1:12:51 PM   
Dirk Miggler

I don't see the problem, where else would you discuss the possibility of a future Hulk film if not in future films.

I would say the chance of a TV show is a lot less likely than another film especially now, Hulk pretty much stole the show in Avengers.

I think in the Avengers they struck the right balance of seriousness and humour. The injection of humour in to the character seemed to fit perfectly, the other films weren't exactly bad but one of my biggest problems was that they took themselves far too seriously. If Marvel lock Ruffalo down for future films which I believe they have and carry the same tone over into his own outings I would be definately interested in a new Hulk film.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 13
RE: New Hulk (2015) - 4/5/2012 1:22:58 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Still haven't seen Avengers but i'm always game for a new Hulk movie. I'd like Renny Harlin to direct!

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 14
RE: New Hulk (2015) - 5/5/2012 6:18:40 PM   
Beno

Hulk vs The Leader has got to happen. In Nortons incarnation that baddie was created but never built upon. This is one Marvel movie wish i have.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 15
RE: New Hulk (2015) - 20/5/2012 2:25:43 PM   
Nexus Wookie

I wish Hollywood would do a film version of 'Planet Hulk'! That film would kick ass bigtime! Instead of John Carter of Mars it'll be Bruce Banner of Sakaar!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 16
RE: New Hulk (2015) - 21/5/2012 5:18:54 PM   
KeithM

quote:

Unstable Molecules

The Incredibles *ahem* borrowed the idea for their costumes too. Kinda awkward what with Reed being at a different studio, and some of the hardcore may have an aneurism if Stark, Banner or, most logically otherwise, Hank Pym came up with them, but it's a 'canon' solution...

< Message edited by KeithM -- 21/5/2012 5:22:47 PM >

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 17
RE: New Hulk (2015) - 7/6/2012 2:53:03 AM   
Mr. White

I loved Norton in the Incredible Hulk. The other hulk movie was terrible. Mark was really good too. As long as they are as good as The Incredible Hulk movie I don't mind them making them.

(in reply to KeithM)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> New Hulk (2015) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI