Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Nolan Nolan Chris Chris Nolan Nolan!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Nolan Nolan Chris Chris Nolan Nolan!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nolan Nolan Chris Chris Nolan Nolan!!! - 1/5/2012 2:25:35 PM   
mbembet

Chris Nolan is EPIC not only he makes great films he also makes great trailer!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 61
Marion Cottilard - 1/5/2012 2:26:08 PM   
yorkroad

is that Marion Cottilard in the orange jump suit doing the flip in the prison scene ?? or more likely selina kyle... it certainly looks like a female.

< Message edited by yorkroad -- 1/5/2012 2:36:17 PM >

Post #: 62
Marion Cottilard - 1/5/2012 2:27:41 PM   
yorkroad

Is that Marion Cottilard in the orange jump suit doing the flip in the prison scene in the trailer ??

Post #: 63
- 1/5/2012 4:01:15 PM   
BabsyBuck

joseph gordon-levitt and tom hardy back together in another film, am i the only one excited about this?

Post #: 64
WOW! - 1/5/2012 4:01:32 PM   
Kev2012

Just...WOW!!. Can't wait for this.

Post #: 65
Bane is Yoda!!! - 1/5/2012 4:07:13 PM   
The Creature

What a shame - way too much information and some epic scenes - the bridges - ruined. Guys, learn how to direct a really good trailer or better still look back at the trailer for The Dark Knight. And check out the difference between real Bane (inaudible mumbling "Gotham's something") at 0.34 and the dubbed voice for Bane later! Absolutely hilarious.

Post #: 66
Bane is Yoda!!! - 1/5/2012 4:07:20 PM   
The Creature

What a shame - way too much information and some epic scenes - the bridges - ruined. Guys, learn how to direct a really good trailer or better still look back at the trailer for The Dark Knight. And check out the difference between real Bane (inaudible mumbling "Gotham's something") at 0.34 and the dubbed voice for Bane later! Absolutely hilarious.

Post #: 67
Bane is Yoda!!! - 1/5/2012 4:07:46 PM   
The Creature

What a shame - way too much information and some epic scenes - the bridges - ruined. Guys, learn how to direct a really good trailer or better still look back at the trailer for The Dark Knight. And check out the difference between real Bane (inaudible mumbling at 0.34 and the dubbed voice for Bane later! Absolutely hilarious.

Post #: 68
RE: batman and catwoman on the same side? - 1/5/2012 4:18:06 PM   
moviefans

A certain winner, and Christopher Nolan knows that full well. I don't expect any slacking in the line of acting, top actors have been hand picked, and the action is certified A grade. nobody can review this film before watch .. but maybe you can check through : http://newmoviefans.com/the-dark-knight-rises-2012/

(in reply to The Great Danton)
Post #: 69
A bit of pussy - just what Nolan's ponderous batflicks ... - 1/5/2012 8:14:14 PM   
BatSpider

Is that Catwoman riding the batcock halfway thru the trailer?

Post #: 70
RE: A bit of pussy - just what Nolan's ponderous batfli... - 1/5/2012 9:04:26 PM   
BoDixen

Have I begun to become jaded?

DKR just doesn't do that much for me and this coming from a guy who adores Inception and Batman Begins (Dark Knight was just silly with one amazing performance).

Looper looks better.

Not that it's by no means bad, but I just cant get excited.

Wil Wheaton: Goonies never say die.
Audience: You just did.

(in reply to BatSpider)
Post #: 71
RE: A bit of pussy - just what Nolan's ponderous batfli... - 1/5/2012 9:34:00 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: BatSpider

Is that Catwoman riding the batcock halfway thru the trailer?

I like what you changed the subject line to. Classy stuff. [/sarcasm]

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 1/5/2012 9:35:08 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to BatSpider)
Post #: 72
Looks great! - 1/5/2012 10:46:39 PM   
Rich Empire

What a week for trailers and British directors.
Gold stars for both Mr Scott and Mr Nolan this week.
Can't wait!

Post #: 73
Underwhelming...really?! - 2/5/2012 7:40:21 AM   
spideed2

Jeez, really honestly what do you guys expect?

Im a huge comic reader and cinephile. Thats a great trailer. It has such a great dark ominous tone and certainly doesnt give anything away about Batmans inevitable climb back to health and as protector of Gotham.

As for Hardys voice, glad they changed it. That was the main source of compliant from before but now ts sorted. Hardy will rock, hes such a tremendous actor and watching him and Bale face offf will be amazing.

Post #: 74
Thank you sir! - 2/5/2012 9:21:02 AM   
Mort Grimm

I really can't see how anyone can't like that trailer, unless you fail to see the purpose of 'the trailer'- it is not to give you an adrenaline rush, or necessarily excite you- although this trailer does both- it is to communicate atmosphere, a little story, to give a flavour of what the film will be like, it's look and feel. May I suggest that most trailers that are 'better' are only so because they show all the exciting bits of the film they represent? You can hardly blame Nolan for holding back the best bits of his film now can you? For my money this was the best trailer since Prometheus's brilliant campaign started. I got chills man- and another thing- anyone who finds the Dark Knight boring is missing the point- do you want mature, clever story telling or do you want Michael Keaton snipping Joker balloons free with a giant pair of flying scissors (it happens in Burton's version, sort of)

Post #: 75
Go read some actual Batman.... - 2/5/2012 9:35:59 AM   
Mort Grimm

...like the Dark Knight Returns or The Long Halloween, then come back and tell me Nolan isn't making great Batman movies. While you're at it, read The Killing Joke.

Post #: 76
RE: Go read some actual Batman.... - 2/5/2012 12:05:00 PM   
bobthegrinch

I'm not impressed. I'm sure this will be good but I thought the first trailer was better and if it wasn't for the fact that my business is assured on opening night due to my being a batfan, this trailer would've done nothing to convince me to go. I don't need to be patronised by someone who hasn't seen it telling me what kind of film it is or what a trailer is supposed to do like they know something I don't. My opinion is that I don't like that trailer. Sometimes people have different opinions.

(in reply to Mort Grimm)
Post #: 77
please PLEASE look at this link below - 2/5/2012 12:33:58 PM   
bill the butcher

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Girl-With-the-Dragon-Tattoo-graphic-novel/294252110649810

Post #: 78
- 2/5/2012 12:53:07 PM   
Quishy

people are obviously entitled to their opinion but I wouldn't be jumping off the good ship Nolan just yet. personally, i thought the trailer was spine-tinglingly(?) good and definitely focused on tone and atmosphere while showing glimpses of the devastation to come. Nolan has been unconventional with what he has shown and not shown in his previous trailers.The trailer for TDK actually opened with the very last shot of the movie (the batpod on the ramp) and hinted the middle of the road showdown between Batman and the Joker was the end of the film but it wasn't even close. without turning it in to a competition the Avengers (which I loved) spoiled itself rotten with its moneyshots(e.g. spolier alert - hulk catching stark) in the trailers but they were big and bombastic and people loved them. the other big thing about this trailer is that it very much feels like a trilogy closer. the last act of an epic story arc. the dialogue is not spoilerish but rather builds the intrigue and anticipation ("not everything, not yet") and the sense of impending doom ("you should be as afraid of him as I am") and peril ("buried enough members of the Wayne family"). again, not to be negative about Avengers but there was no sense of peril when Iron Man 2, Cap 2 and Thor 2 are all in pre-production. everything is up for grabs here and for that reason alone it is the must see film of the year (though bring on Prometheus). with regard to the overall interpretation of Batman, as a fan, my own view is that Nolan's version is as much a valid part of character and its legacy as Frank Miller's version (Year One, DK Returns), Jeph Loeb's version (Long Halloween, Dark Victory), Alan Moore's version (Killing Joke) or Scott Snyder's current epic run (the Court Of Owls). this is the benchmark.

Post #: 79
- 2/5/2012 12:53:23 PM   
Quishy

people are obviously entitled to their opinion but I wouldn't be jumping off the good ship Nolan just yet. personally, i thought the trailer was spine-tinglingly(?) good and definitely focused on tone and atmosphere while showing glimpses of the devastation to come. Nolan has been unconventional with what he has shown and not shown in his previous trailers.The trailer for TDK actually opened with the very last shot of the movie (the batpod on the ramp) and hinted the middle of the road showdown between Batman and the Joker was the end of the film but it wasn't even close. without turning it in to a competition the Avengers (which I loved) spoiled itself rotten with its moneyshots(e.g. spolier alert - hulk catching stark) in the trailers but they were big and bombastic and people loved them. the other big thing about this trailer is that it very much feels like a trilogy closer. the last act of an epic story arc. the dialogue is not spoilerish but rather builds the intrigue and anticipation ("not everything, not yet") and the sense of impending doom ("you should be as afraid of him as I am") and peril ("buried enough members of the Wayne family"). again, not to be negative about Avengers but there was no sense of peril when Iron Man 2, Cap 2 and Thor 2 are all in pre-production. everything is up for grabs here and for that reason alone it is the must see film of the year (though bring on Prometheus). with regard to the overall interpretation of Batman, as a fan, my own view is that Nolan's version is as much a valid part of character and its legacy as Frank Miller's version (Year One, DK Returns), Jeph Loeb's version (Long Halloween, Dark Victory), Alan Moore's version (Killing Joke) or Scott Snyder's current epic run (the Court Of Owls). this is the benchmark.

Post #: 80
RE: Go read some actual Batman.... - 2/5/2012 2:19:09 PM   
Kayotik

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mort Grimm

...like the Dark Knight Returns or The Long Halloween, then come back and tell me Nolan isn't making great Batman movies. While you're at it, read The Killing Joke.

Here's the problem, you're telling people what they're supposed to think and how their opinions should be. When you try to tell someone what they like and dislike about a film/trailer is wrong, then you just come across as incredibly patronising and arrogant.

And for the record, I have read the comics. I don't think Nolan's are good Batman films. Mostly because Nolan removes everything that makes these characters. In the comics Bruce Wayne invents all his gadgets himself because he is incredibly intelligent. He uses his cunning to investigate crimes and solve them.
Unlike Nolan's Batman who has all his toys invented for him and just bursts into every crime scene kicking ass. And sounds like he has throat cancer.

Yes they are good films, no they are not good Batman films.

But I'm not saying people aren't allowed to think differently, or feel that they are. That's just my opinion on the matter.

(in reply to Mort Grimm)
Post #: 81
Great trailer - 2/5/2012 2:21:39 PM   
paulmitchell

Banes first line in this trailer is "I am gothams reckoning"
The first trailer was the best though.not a lot given away.love Gary Oldham in that role

Post #: 82
MY GUESS - 2/5/2012 5:13:35 PM   
lewisb548

My guess is that tons of stuff will happen up until bats breaks his back and Bane takes over the wayne manor and possibly kills alfred and steals the batcave and then the concluding fight with the two is in the bat cave thats just what I guess from the trailer though oh and Gordon Levitt will either die or Gordon will die and Morgan Freeman what will he actually do in this outing?

Post #: 83
Bane's Vocals - 2/5/2012 5:36:11 PM   
MichaelClarke

Honestly, I actually prefer the muffled Bane. If a man has a mask covering his mouth, he will sound muffled. The newer vocals don't seem to match the movement of his face too well, and the clarity doesn't sound right given the mask...

I guess you can't please everyone.

Post #: 84
RE: Go read some actual Batman.... - 2/5/2012 7:56:23 PM   
BatSpider

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mort Grimm

I read them. The Killing Joke seemed great at the time, as the angle it came from seemed so new and hard-edged. That doesn't necesarily = good, and actually it sucks. The Dark Knight Returns was and is the biggest pile of excrement ever put into print. I can't believe Frank Millar also wrote the Daredevil masterpiece "Born Again" around the same time.

By the way I'd take a movie with a super cool Batwing slicing thru insanely massive balloons over some pretentiously convoluted crap with fight scenes you can hardly see, any day of the week. Intelligent and mature? Yeah, right. I'm willing to give TDKR a chance tho, as long as I don't have to listen to Bale's campy Village People style growl too much.

"Baby, you make me wish I had THREE hands!"

(in reply to Mort Grimm)
Post #: 85
It's End Game - 2/5/2012 8:22:57 PM   
evil bill

Going by this new tralier,Nolan may just have matched Dark Knight,and looks like he will end Batman on a high note.But will he kill him off or just have him walk back to his old life as Bruce Wayne???

Post #: 86
RE: CAN NOT WAIT - 2/5/2012 9:43:03 PM   
Leonard or Sammy

This movie is gonna be up there with the very best of them. Tom Hardy is going to completely rule this movie and many, many more to come too.
Kayotic, as a reader of books I can understand why people are upset when movies veer away from the source material. That is, however, the writers choice and I am always aware that I will probably be disappointed with the movie IF I compare it to the source material. For that reason I always treat them as two separate entities (I.E I should hate Michael Manns' Manhunter because it is not very true to the novel Red Dragon, but it is one of my favourite films. If anything I dislike "Red Dragon" even though that is very a more faithful adaptation of the book.) Your point about Bane, though, is rather pointless as Nolan has always stated that he has wanted to ground the movies in reality and that is what he has done with Bane and I think Tom Hardy is most believable....if someone his size came after me, I would not be hanging around, even though I am taller than Hardy. Seriously, would you prefer a 9ft tall, 5ft wide cgi monstrosity towering over Batman, beating him to a pulp every time? If Batman fights that monstrosity, as opposed to the tiny Tom Hardy how is that believable? HONESTLY
The Creature - Re-watch the final TDK trailer - we see a hospital blown up, a car blown up, Batman admit what he would have to become to stop the Joker (we all knew that meant killing people), Rachel Dawes being dropped out of a window and Harvey Dents face being covered in gasoline and even in the first trailer we know the Joker gets arrested. How much info was given in those trailers and how many epic scenes too. Was TDK ruined for you? It certainly was not for me.
As for Banes voice, well, let it be mumbly. If people don't wanna think at a movie, screw 'em. Of course Bats voice has to be different or people might recognize Bruce Waynes voice. Perhaps he should have made it high pitched?
Finally, to all you naysayers lets hope you really hate this movie because how stupid will you look if you come back say how good it actually is/was/going to be....peace out!!

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 87
Batman is coooool. But.......... - 3/5/2012 12:22:09 AM   
Morehumanthanhuman

Batman is quite probably one of the coolest characters ever created. However I cannot get excited by this film. Batman Begins was excellent imo, The Dark Knight was ok again imo. My main issue with the Batman films is they are based in reality. Lets be honest we watch superhero films because the hero is, erm, super. Nolans Batman is a rich guy who happens to be pretty handy with his fists and has his own personal Q. Now I know that is who Batman is, but many of his adversaries are supernatural. Personally i`m looking forward to DCs creme de la creme, Superman. And if the wife will bend a little ( no not in that way) Avengers. Again all in my opinion. Problem with opinions is that like a** h**es everyone has one and they all stink..............

Post #: 88
Batman is coooool. But.......... - 3/5/2012 12:22:18 AM   
Morehumanthanhuman

Batman is quite probably one of the coolest characters ever created. However I cannot get excited by this film. Batman Begins was excellent imo, The Dark Knight was ok again imo. My main issue with the Batman films is they are based in reality. Lets be honest we watch superhero films because the hero is, erm, super. Nolans Batman is a rich guy who happens to be pretty handy with his fists and has his own personal Q. Now I know that is who Batman is, but many of his adversaries are supernatural. Personally i`m looking forward to DCs creme de la creme, Superman. And if the wife will bend a little ( no not in that way) Avengers. Again all in my opinion. Problem with opinions is that like a** h**es everyone has one and they all stink..............

Post #: 89
A New Batman - 3/5/2012 12:31:25 AM   
Morehumanthanhuman

I wonder if Mr Bale only wanted to do a third Batman and no more. Perfect for Mr Nolan to have a film that slightly mirrors the comics in order to introduce a new Batman. Gordon Levitt anyone. Or even Nightwing.
And regarding comments about source material. My dad is a nightmare for comparing films to novels he holds close to his heart. Even if he loves the film version. He loves pointing out the differences and pro amd cons of the two. An example of which is the Hunt for red October. I have seen it numerous, numerous times and love it. I then read the book. imo the film is better, ho hum.

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Nolan Nolan Chris Chris Nolan Nolan!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI