Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Catwoman, the new Robin?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Catwoman, the new Robin? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Catwoman, the new Robin? - 1/5/2012 11:26:49 AM   
The Great Danton

Are they on the same side?
They share the same ride, they fight together,
is catwoman the new Robin?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
RE: batman and catwoman on the same side? - 1/5/2012 11:29:49 AM   
UTB

Buttery buttery fish fish buttery buttery fish fish

I preferred this trailer to the last, looking like it will be epic.

(in reply to The Great Danton)
Post #: 32
Overall underwhelming - 1/5/2012 11:39:04 AM   
designedforlife

Actually stifled a yawn halfway through. Even Christian Bale looked bored most of the way through this. As a side note Anne Hathaway, though gorgeous, is NOT Catwoman material. If so at least get a frickin haircut! If she's an elite cat burglar then leaving long brunette hairs at the scene of the crime is a bit of a giveaway! As for Bane, he may look like he'll tear you new one but he just sounds like Stephen Fry talking into a yoghurt pot! I feel like a disappointed parent shaking my head at the wasted potential.

Post #: 33
RE: I point-blankly refuse to watch this ... - 1/5/2012 11:40:58 AM   
dolfinack

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kayotik

Meh.

It looks like it might be ok. But it doesn't send chills down my spine, it just looks like the same as The Dark Knight. In fact it looks like an episode from a TV show more than an epic finale.

Noticed Bane's voice is now a hell of a lot clearer, but still dislike his accent.

I like Hathaway but not for this part.

Still hate Bale as Bruce/Batman with a throat infection.

Don't even get me started on that bastardised version of the Batplane.

Just feel they jumped the shark with Dark Knight.

I concur with pretty much all of this. Cheers for saving me the typing.

"I'm as human as the next man"

"Dad! I WAS the next man!"

(in reply to Kayotik)
Post #: 34
Breakdown - 1/5/2012 11:41:33 AM   
paulgambrill

Is Empire going to do a trailer breakdown for this???? PLEASE!!!

Trailer was amazing. Any misconceptions I had about Bane and Catwoman are now completely gone. They look amazing!

Post #: 35
Its Gonna Hurt! - 1/5/2012 11:52:19 AM   
kisswithatear

Oh my word, it's going to hurt! So much pain, oh my word, dont know if I can take it, with Michael Caine being all emotive and stuff... But I want to see it now. Like, now? ... JGL seems to have a bigger small part than I first realised too but Marion Colltiard was essentially absent (apart from one little kiss) so I'm still confused as to what she does. But Anne's Catwoman is looking more and more delightful. Cant wait.

Post #: 36
RE: Overall underwhelming - 1/5/2012 11:56:03 AM   
cheekimonki

stehpen fry into a yoghurt pot hahaha funny

(in reply to designedforlife)
Post #: 37
humph - 1/5/2012 12:07:09 PM   
stucy

have to agree. Underwhelming for me too. There just seems to be something missing. Damn.

Post #: 38
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! - 1/5/2012 12:08:44 PM   
guysalisbury

I promised myself I wouldn't watch anymore trailers for this! Must..............be...........strong! :(

Post #: 39
And the winner for best trailer is... - 1/5/2012 12:13:43 PM   
The Watcher

...Prometheus.

Everything about their marketing has been classy and engaging.

TDKR trailer, for the record, is ok - but at no point did I feel a sense of urgency to see this movie. I will see it, but I won't be queuing. That's the difference.

The Dark Knight will take some topping. Not sure they have the right villain here.

Post #: 40
RE: Overall underwhelming - 1/5/2012 12:14:35 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: designedforlife

he may look like he'll tear you new one but he just sounds like Stephen Fry talking into a yoghurt pot

I lol'd.

Although it has ruined it for me now.

(in reply to designedforlife)
Post #: 41
Some people - 1/5/2012 12:38:54 PM   
cookio1982

I can't believe some people are moaning about that trailer, it looks bloody awesome!!! Can't wait to see it!!!!

Post #: 42
RE: Overall underwhelming - 1/5/2012 12:40:09 PM   
Qwerty Norris

Amazing how some people can be so presumptuous over a film purely by a trailer.

It's certainly more mournful & low key than the last one, but it's absolutely fine as it continues to offer intrgue & crucially (and this is the most important part) it doesn't reveal the plot - although it suggests where a couple of things may be heading.

I loved the second Prometheus trailer, but after it I have an exact feeling of where it's going & where it'll end.

I cannot say the same for the Dark Knight Rises.

Roll on the 20th July!

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 43
RE: And the winner for best trailer is... - 1/5/2012 12:52:10 PM   
Kayotik

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Watcher

Not sure they have the right villain here.

Actually Bane could have been a fantastic villain, I just worry from what I've seen that they're not going to use him to proper effect.

I mean sure Hardy beefed up for the role, but he's the same height roughly as Bale, whereas Bane is supposed to tower over Batman and be nearly twice his size both height and width. Not only that but he's supposed to be a brilliant strategist (which they do seem to be keeping at least.)

I think my main problems are his outfit. The second-hand store military garb makes him look like a homeless war vet, and his ridiculous mask makes him look like he was auditioning to play Reptile in the new Mortal Kombat movie.

And then the Moriarty as played by Darth Vader voice...urgh.

So basically Bane isn't nearly as imposing and threatning as he appears in the comics.

(in reply to The Watcher)
Post #: 44
RE: Catwoman, the new Robin? - 1/5/2012 12:54:25 PM   
sillitoechris

I dont think any of the nolan trailers for batmans have been breathtaking - but still think the movie will be great!

i dont know how you can say its looks like a tv movie! seriously?

and the batplane bastardisation? surely just a continuation of the militarisation of batman in the nolan film - the tank/ batmobile + tumbler batbike?

I think it looks cool ... theres no reason to thini this isnt gonna deliver - there are GREAT actors (not just good but great) in every lead role - and a director on top of his game in the franchise he has thrived in.

Looking forward to it immensely!

Post #: 45
RE: And the winner for best trailer is... - 1/5/2012 1:21:09 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Double post. Balls

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 1/5/2012 1:22:13 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Kayotik)
Post #: 46
RE: And the winner for best trailer is... - 1/5/2012 1:21:41 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

Actually Bane could have been a fantastic villain, I just worry from what I've seen that they're not going to use him to proper effect.

I mean sure Hardy beefed up for the role, but he's the same height roughly as Bale, whereas Bane is supposed to tower over Batman and be nearly twice his size both height and width. Not only that but he's supposed to be a brilliant strategist (which they do seem to be keeping at least.)

I think my main problems are his outfit. The second-hand store military garb makes him look like a homeless war vet, and his ridiculous mask makes him look like he was auditioning to play Reptile in the new Mortal Kombat movie.

So basically Bane isn't nearly as imposing and threatning as he appears in the comics.

Yeah, it would be better if he looked like this

Clicky

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 1/5/2012 1:23:17 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Kayotik)
Post #: 47
RE: batman and catwoman on the same side? - 1/5/2012 1:24:33 PM   
directorscut

TEAL AND ORANGE???? Goddamn it. Not you too Nolan.

Catwoman and Batman fighting on the rooftop together reminded me of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 48
00:41 - 1/5/2012 1:40:30 PM   
Loosecrew

Is that Tom Hardy hiding under the drawers?

Post #: 49
RE: And the winner for best trailer is... - 1/5/2012 1:46:17 PM   
Kayotik

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

Yeah, it would be better if he looked like this

Clicky

I'll be honest, that's just as intimidating as this Bane aka Snakeface.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 50
Stunned...in two ways. - 1/5/2012 1:46:22 PM   
Mort Grimm

Firstly, stunned by how awesome this trailer looks. Boring? Maybe if you think all trailers should be explosions/rock music/story reveals- but Nolan here is giving us a flavour without letting us taste the whole desert. A trailer isn't a film after all. Good grief people, whatdayawant?! To me, as an avid reader of the graphic novels, this is pure Batman...and believe me it is. The comics continually change and redefine villians/allies- it's one of the strengths of the genre that writers/artists can take these characters and, while keeping their core intact, mould them to tell great stories. The constant nit-picking over this movie really is depressing, it's like we're lost the art of just being excited for something- in my humble opinion this trailer hit it out of the park in terms of setting tone and atmosphere. If you don't want character/plot driven Batman, then go back to watching Adam West camp it up- but if you want to watch an epic take on the dark knight, order your tickets now for July 20th.

Also, may I add that the idea that the 1989 Batman is the way to go is laughable- It was silly, unfaithful (Batman doesn't kill), had no depth and although a step in the right direction, got Bruce Wayne/Batman all wrong. No, I'm not trolling.

Post #: 51
Stunned...in two ways. - 1/5/2012 1:46:30 PM   
Mort Grimm

Firstly, stunned by how awesome this trailer looks. Boring? Maybe if you think all trailers should be explosions/rock music/story reveals- but Nolan here is giving us a flavour without letting us taste the whole desert. A trailer isn't a film after all. Good grief people, whatdayawant?! To me, as an avid reader of the graphic novels, this is pure Batman...and believe me it is. The comics continually change and redefine villians/allies- it's one of the strengths of the genre that writers/artists can take these characters and, while keeping their core intact, mould them to tell great stories. The constant nit-picking over this movie really is depressing, it's like we're lost the art of just being excited for something- in my humble opinion this trailer hit it out of the park in terms of setting tone and atmosphere. If you don't want character/plot driven Batman, then go back to watching Adam West camp it up- but if you want to watch an epic take on the dark knight, order your tickets now for July 20th.

Also, may I add that the idea that the 1989 Batman is the way to go is laughable- It was silly, unfaithful (Batman doesn't kill), had no depth and although a step in the right direction, got Bruce Wayne/Batman all wrong. No, I'm not trolling.

Post #: 52
Stunned...in two ways. - 1/5/2012 1:46:52 PM   
Mort Grimm

Post #: 53
RE: Stunned...in two ways. - 1/5/2012 1:48:23 PM   
Kayotik

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mort Grimm

We are allowed our opinions after all.

And also as an avid reader of the Batman comics, I have to say this is nothing like them. I'm still waiting on seeing the World's Greatest Detective appearing. So far all I've seen is a guy with throat cancer beating people up.

< Message edited by Kayotik -- 1/5/2012 1:49:11 PM >

(in reply to Mort Grimm)
Post #: 54
RE: Stunned...in two ways. - 1/5/2012 1:49:16 PM   
directorscut

Now there's a studio plant if ever I saw one.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Mort Grimm)
Post #: 55
RE: Overall underwhelming - 1/5/2012 1:50:27 PM   
designedforlife

The whole exercise of creating a trailer is to make people 'presume' it's good. No different to book jackets or car commercials.

I just felt that the trailer misses that little something that blows my hair back and makes we WANT to see it... immediately!

As for Prometheus... really! That trailer is in a different league. Just in terms of pacing, cutting, and sound alone it kicks the DKR trailer to the ground then wees on it!

Not going to even start of the plot aspect because we're talking about 'Batman'. A comic book character... with goodies and baddies... where the goodies win (regardless of broken backs!)

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 56
RE: Stunned...in two ways. - 1/5/2012 1:58:28 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mort Grimm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/ash_lee392/wtf_dumbledore.gif

If you're excited for something, then you're excited for something.

If you're not, you're not. There's no grey area there, why would someone choose to not be excited by something? How could someone choose not to be excited about something? It's an emotional reaction!

(in reply to Mort Grimm)
Post #: 57
RE: Stunned...in two ways. - 1/5/2012 2:10:16 PM   
Mort Grimm

That's your opinion man- I would like to see more of the detective myself, but what I've seen so far has been great.

(in reply to Kayotik)
Post #: 58
RE: Stunned...in two ways. - 1/5/2012 2:11:49 PM   
Mort Grimm

Nope, just a well written fan.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 59
Great Trailer - 1/5/2012 2:20:08 PM   
dansolo96

This trailer has just enough to tease us but doesn't give too much away, unlike the Prometheus one, which I am now wishing I could un-watch somehow...

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Catwoman, the new Robin? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI