Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Not As Good As The Original

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Not As Good As The Original Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Not As Good As The Original - 1/5/2012 9:52:48 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: boaby

Bloody Ingerlish. Canna resist invading.

Quarter Scottish. Is that good enough for you?

Does that give you that disease where you want to eat deep fat fried mars bars?

No, but I like haggis. And when I say haggis, I mean I've tried 'proper haggis' at a family reunion.

I've tried a deep fried mars bar in this country but I imagine they didn't do it as well as they do up in Scotland.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 31
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Not As Good As The Original - 1/5/2012 9:56:29 PM   
Woger

Well haggis has been contemporised a lot hasn't it? They put whiskey and all sorts into it.

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 32
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Not As Good As The Original - 1/5/2012 10:00:49 PM   
boaby

'sake min.

Whisky. Sans "e". Would any self-respecting kilt wearing, tight-fisted, shortbread-munching, Braveheart-watching, chip-carrying, yadda, yadda, waffle, jabber... corrupt a sacred haggis with Irish alcohol. I dinna 'hink so.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 33
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Not As Good As The Original - 1/5/2012 10:03:45 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bloody Ingerlish. Canna resist invading.

Quarter Scottish. Is that good enough for you?

Does that give you that disease where you want to eat deep fat fried mars bars?

No, but I like haggis. And when I say haggis, I mean I've tried 'proper haggis' at a family reunion.

I've tried a deep fried mars bar in this country but I imagine they didn't do it as well as they do up in Scotland.

Chalk me up as another mongrel (50% Glasgow, 50% Rural Welsh, 100% Celt).

I've tried a supermarket haggis once, and it tasted ok. Would love to try a real one.

Not so sure about the mars bar though, I might have to be fairly drunk before I braved that one.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 34
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Not As Good As The Original - 1/5/2012 10:04:28 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

Well haggis has been contemporised a lot hasn't it? They put whiskey and all sorts into it.

I don't know to be honest, I'm talking five to six years ago now, I liked it but I'm not sure what was in it.

I've eaten it down here and it's, for lack of a better term, fucking shit.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 35
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Not As Good As The Original - 1/5/2012 10:08:31 PM   
superdan

I had deep fried haggis the last time I was in Scotland. That'll put hair on your stones and take years off your life, let me tell you.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 36
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Electric Boogaloo - 1/5/2012 10:08:46 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Also, being Scottish, do you not feel automatically better than all the other British?

Not really, I've always wished I was Welsh. They've got it going on. I don't know what 'it' is, but, by Ma Broon's Cookbook, they've got it. I've never liked that bit in Trainspotting when Obi Wan (that's a Scots name, isn't it?) says 'it's shite being Scottish'. He didn't bank on David Tennant being Scottish did he? He wouldn't have said that if The Tennant was around. In fact, fuck it, I love being Scottish, it's awesome. We don't think we're better than anyone else, we can barely cope being ourselves. We invented the phone, the telly, Penicillin and Dolly The Sheep. Oh, and fingerprinting for use in solving crimes, that was us! Can you believe that, that of all things was created by a Scot? Boggles the mind, so it does. Anyway, I've havered enough, I've off to down some Bru.....

Oh, and I fucking hate Haggis.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 1/5/2012 10:10:02 PM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 37
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Electric Boogaloo - 1/5/2012 10:18:50 PM   
Lucky Day

quote:

It's a braw day today, cycled to work and everything. We all know that means fuck all up here though, could be thunder & lightning and hailstones by the end of the day.

Also, being Scottish, do you not feel automatically better than all the other British?

Yes. I do, & being Dundonian I feel automatically better than all the other Scottish.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 38
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Electric Boogaloo - 1/5/2012 10:23:42 PM   
boaby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lucky Day

quote:

It's a braw day today, cycled to work and everything. We all know that means fuck all up here though, could be thunder & lightning and hailstones by the end of the day.

Yes. I do, & being Dundonian I feel automatically better than all the other Scottish.

Being Dundonian he's high, and probably a crack baby. Definitely delusional.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 39
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Electric Boogaloo - 1/5/2012 10:32:57 PM   
Lucky Day

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haway and bile yer heid.

"Someone from Aberdeen. Aberdonians are renown for their incomprehensible dialect (doric) and alcoholism. The most common Scottish stereotype for Aberdonians is that they are "sheep shaggers". However a more accurate generalisation is: wasted and ignorant"

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 40
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Electric Boogaloo - 1/5/2012 10:42:00 PM   
boaby

Alcoholism? New one. Ace. Must get started. Fit's the cheapest booze an Aberdonian can buy that's still more expensive than the p!sswater yer average weegie or Dundonian scoofs?

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 41
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Electric Boogaloo - 1/5/2012 10:43:40 PM   
Shifty Bench

Am I the only Scot here that doesn't drink booze?

Stereotype: shattered.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 42
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Electric Boogaloo - 1/5/2012 10:44:53 PM   
Lucky Day

quote:

Alcoholism? New one. Ace. Must get started. Fit's the cheapest booze an Aberdonian can buy that's still more expensive than the p!sswater yer average weegie or Dundonian scoofs?

???

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 43
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Electric Boogaloo - 1/5/2012 10:46:42 PM   
boaby

quote:

quote:

???

Use your big boy words Lucky Day.

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 44
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Electric Boogaloo - 1/5/2012 10:46:44 PM   
Lucky Day

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

Am I the only Scot here that doesn't drink booze?

Stereotype: shattered.

Ever ? I'm no a big drinker as such but a wee pint now and again does no harm. It's the 20 Marlboro a day that will get me.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 45
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Electric Boogaloo - 1/5/2012 10:50:55 PM   
boaby

Nae a big drinker mysel'. The odd Crabbies, White Russian, Deuchars, Rum or fitivver's hidin' at the back o' the cupboard that needs drinkin', Canna let good stuff go to waste. A glass o' Red if absolutely necessary. No Tennents tough. Gads min. Plus, they sponsor both of them. Ye hiv to hiv some principles. Ken?

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 46
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Electric Boogaloo - 1/5/2012 10:55:33 PM   
Shifty Bench

Haven't touched a drop in 8 years, I just can't be arsed with it. It does nothing for me. Don't smoke either

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 47
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Electric Boogaloo - 1/5/2012 11:05:04 PM   
Lucky Day

quote:

quote:

quote:

???

Nah, you've lost me Boaby, it's no your fault. You were just born a little too far North. You should just be grateful you're no fae Peterheid (I assume this to be the case being as you have, at the very least, the ability to express thoughts & feelings, if only in a very basic way. A skillset not often associated with those from Peterhead)

< Message edited by Lucky Day -- 1/5/2012 11:18:11 PM >

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 48
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Electric Boogaloo - 1/5/2012 11:09:59 PM   
Lucky Day

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

Don't smoke either

Never too old to start pal

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 49
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Electric Boogaloo - 1/5/2012 11:23:35 PM   
Shifty Bench

Nah, never will, I like my lungs the way they are, thanks

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 50
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Electric Boogaloo - 1/5/2012 11:38:19 PM   
boaby

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

???

Nah, you've lost me Boaby, it's no your fault. You were just born a little too far North. You should just be grateful you're no fae Peterheid (I assume this to be the case being as you have, at the very least, the ability to express thoughts & feelings, if only in a very basic way. A skillset not often associated with those from Peterhead)

It's Pee'erheid min. They hinna got as far as the letter "T" yet.

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 51
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Electric Boogaloo - 1/5/2012 11:49:18 PM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

Awesome, aren't we!?!

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 52
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Not As Good As The Original - 1/5/2012 11:50:42 PM   
Saltire

quote:

'sake min.

Whisky. Sans "e". Would any self-respecting kilt wearing, tight-fisted, shortbread-munching, Braveheart-watching, chip-carrying, yadda, yadda, waffle, jabber... corrupt a sacred haggis with Irish alcohol. I dinna 'hink so.

Here here!

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 53
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Electric Boogaloo - 1/5/2012 11:52:42 PM   
Saltire

quote:

quote:

quote:

As a fellow Dundonian I agree, we are all like that.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 54
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Not As Good As The Original - 2/5/2012 1:02:01 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

You can get spicy Indian style haggis apparently too.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 55
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Not As Good As The Original - 2/5/2012 1:12:15 AM   
boaby

My local curry house does a mean Haggis Pakora.

I'm trying to perfect a haggis chilli. I think it has promise. Perhaps it needs a less abysmal cook to succeed.

It's ok to put haggis in other stuff but wrong to put stuff in haggis. It can be a fine line to tread.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 56
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Not As Good As The Original - 2/5/2012 8:54:12 AM   
Chief

There's always time for haggis, bashed neeps & tatties with oatcakes and whisky sauce.

Never tried a battered Mars Bar in my life but I do drink much more than is good for me.

Arguing which is better between Dundee & Aberdeen is like arguing which is better out of a kick in the balls or a poke in the eye.

Famous Scots that attended my school: Gordon Durie (Boaby won't like him....), Stephen Hendry, Craig Levein, Steven Pressley (Boaby won't like him....).

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 57
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Not As Good As The Original - 2/5/2012 9:28:25 AM   
steffols

The deep fried mars bar is more of a myth that anything else. I have never tried one, I have been in one chippy in Scotland that actually makes them (the chippy opposite the Canongate Kirk in Edinburgh mmmmm).

Deep fried haggis is amazing, as is deep fried black pudding. My life for a chippy in Essex that does deep fried haggis/black pudding.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 58
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Not As Good As The Original - 2/5/2012 9:51:24 AM   
Rgirvan44

Glad to see you are all dispelling all the myths about Scottish people.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 59
RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Not As Good As The Original - 2/5/2012 10:00:53 AM   
elab49

NOt really being a chip person (or fish come to that) I don't spend much time in chip shops - but there were more than a couple of my colleagues working out of the London office who, the minute they stepped on Scottish soil, would head straight for a chip shop to get a smoked sausage (is that right? whichever one that you don't get in English chippies). Once they'd consumed several, apparently all was right with the world. 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: The Scottish Thread 2 - Not As Good As The Original Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI