Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 26/9/2012 3:25:46 PM   
talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: thedrin

There isn't a general consensus on which is better between TDK and TDKR. But I have noticed a trend whereby people who loved BB but found TDK disappointing tend to love TDKR, whilst people who loved TDK tend to find TDKr disappointing (YMMV).

Hmmm, yeah this is pretty much how it is for most people I've spoken to about it.

Anyway, picked up Avengers today. Really enjoyed it in the cinema so I'm hoping it holds up and I forget some of the stuff in this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDajL441mZc&sns=em

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to thedrin)
Post #: 181
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 26/9/2012 5:44:42 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Saw that vid on Joblo and its really funny, agree with all the things it mocks the movie for!

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 182
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 27/9/2012 11:31:10 AM   
thatlittlemonkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

quote:

There isn't a general consensus on which is better between TDK and TDKR. But I have noticed a trend whereby people who loved BB but found TDK disappointing tend to love TDKR, whilst people who loved TDK tend to find TDKr disappointing (YMMV).

Hmmm, yeah this is pretty much how it is for most people I've spoken to about it.

Anyway, picked up Avengers today. Really enjoyed it in the cinema so I'm hoping it holds up and I forget some of the stuff in this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDajL441mZc&sns=em

It really does. I had a blast with it again, plus not having to suffer the 3D meant I could see it properly for the first time.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 183
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 27/9/2012 12:04:23 PM   
talpacino

Yeah I've seen it in both 2D and 3D in the cinema and I preferred the 2D.

Raging I didn't hear about all the balls ups on the region 2 disc. I'm only back from the States and could have picked up the US version. I'm not too fussed about all the features but I know the Coulson death will bug me.

Currahee!

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 184
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 27/9/2012 12:27:59 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

quote:

Yeah I've seen it in both 2D and 3D in the cinema and I preferred the 2D.

Raging I didn't hear about all the balls ups on the region 2 disc. I'm only back from the States and could have picked up the US version. I'm not too fussed about all the features but I know the Coulson death will bug me.

Yeah, I heard about it too late. I've done a few Ruffalo-esque rage suppressions, but never mind...

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 185
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 27/9/2012 12:43:49 PM   
talpacino

I think it will take away from the shock of his death, it not showing the blade coming through. I remember being fairly shocked in the cinema that they showed the blade coming through with all the blood. I know it's only a minor thing but still.

I'm not too worried about the Whedon commentary, I rarely listen to them but it would still be nice to have just in the off chance I do decide to want to hear it.

Currahee!

Post #: 186
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 27/9/2012 1:08:59 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: thatlittlemonkey

quote:

quote:

It really does. I had a blast with it again, plus not having to suffer the 3D meant I could see it properly for the first time.

The 3D looks really great on the blu ray, very impressive and the action in the finale really benefits from it. I can't comment on how bad it was at the cinema though, as i only saw it in 2D on the big screen.

Iron Man really swoops in and out of the action in 3D

Post #: 187
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 27/9/2012 1:45:55 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

It does take away from it a bit, I grant you. I imagine they'll release a version in future with it reinstated.

DK - The problem with the cinematic 3D was the fact that it was so dingy. I had to strain to properly see what was happening at the beginning and espeically when Thor first shows up. On Blu-Ray, it was like watching a different film.

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 188
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 27/9/2012 1:57:36 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: thatlittlemonkey

It does take away from it a bit, I grant you. I imagine they'll release a version in future with it reinstated.

DK - The problem with the cinematic 3D was the fact that it was so dingy. I had to strain to properly see what was happening at the beginning and espeically when Thor first shows up. On Blu-Ray, it was like watching a different film.

I completely agree with you in cinema 3D. Unless it's an IMAX where they tend to have the settings as good as they can possibly be, most cinemas tend to have dark projection anyway, when coupled with 3D it's very disappointing.

At home it's a completely different experience! However Avengers does have some really dark scenes anyway, especially Thor's entrance and the scene with Thor and Loki on the hilltop shortly after, Incredibly dark.

Post #: 189
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 28/9/2012 1:14:40 AM   
rich

Great fun and for once a Marvel picture that doesn't skimp on the action, but by no means a total classic. There isn't a lot of substance under the visual shine, but yes ... there are some nice visuals. Roll on with the sequels.

< Message edited by rich -- 28/9/2012 1:15:19 AM >

Weekend write-ups

Post #: 190
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 7/10/2012 1:14:58 PM   
Vadersville

Just watched this on Blu-Ray after watching all the other Marvel Cinematic Universe films in chronicle order over two days. Fucking superb film. So much fun! And the transfer is one of the best I've ever seen! But I have to say, they have tainted what was the most pivotal moment in the film for me. Coulson's death. It just looks a bit awkward and silly now you don't see the blade. Coulson makes this wierd jerky move, then Thor shouts No! and only after that do you see Loki behind him. It's a bit jarring and wierd. Without the blade coming through it's not very clear what's happened at first and even then it looks odd that Loki's spear just seems to disapeer into Coulson's body.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 191
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 7/10/2012 1:27:33 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I completely agree with you in cinema 3D. Unless it's an IMAX where they tend to have the settings as good as they can possibly be, most cinemas tend to have dark projection anyway, when coupled with 3D it's very disappointing.

At home it's a completely different experience! However Avengers does have some really dark scenes anyway, especially Thor's entrance and the scene with Thor and Loki on the hilltop shortly after, Incredibly dark.

That has more to do with the projection gear cinemas are given. There's not much even a highly trained projectionist can do about that until the developers come up with a better way of achieving the 3D effect.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 192
RE: Avengers Assemble - 7/10/2012 6:31:27 PM   
rich

Clicky

Weekend write-ups

Post #: 193
RE: Avengers Assemble - 8/10/2012 2:04:07 AM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

Clicky

That's awesome.

Eddy's Film Review
Latest: Need For Speed, Under The Skin, 300: Rise Of An Empire

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 194
RE: Avengers Assemble - 28/1/2013 10:56:43 AM   
Timon

My US Blu Ray ( with commentary!) arrived at the weekend, so I finally got round to seeing it again and one thing struck me. Well two actually...

1) At no point do Stark, Banner or Rogers show any sort of surprise that aliens exist or that demi-Gods do either...

2) How does Thor know that Loki has an army?

Apart from that - great funnage (it's a word!) all round.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 195
RE: Avengers Assemble - 28/1/2013 11:46:54 AM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

My US Blu Ray ( with commentary!) arrived at the weekend, so I finally got round to seeing it again and one thing struck me. Well two actually...

1) At no point do Stark, Banner or Rogers show any sort of surprise that aliens exist or that demi-Gods do either...

2) How does Thor know that Loki has an army?

Apart from that - great funnage (it's a word!) all round.

1) Good point. Don't the scenes where they learn their existence happen off screen though? Stark gets that information packet off Coulson and briefly glances at it and seems a little surprised. Next we see him he's fully read up. To be honest, given their own unusual set of circumstances I fully believe Banner and Rogers would take the revelation in their stride and Stark is well, Stark.

2) I assumed it was through Heimdall...

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 196
RE: Avengers Assemble - 28/1/2013 11:58:44 AM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

quote:

Clicky

That's awesome.

S'alright but THIS is better

I want to taste you like yogurt.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 197
RE: Avengers Assemble - 28/1/2013 12:04:01 PM   
Vadersville

As much I love Firefly I do think the Buffy opening fits The Avengers better. It could very easily be a real show. It just works!

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 198
RE: Avengers Assemble - 28/1/2013 1:05:16 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

quote:

Clicky

That's awesome.

I would watch the shit out of that programme.

Also, hearing the Buffy theme again, I know what my next rewatch show is going to be after I finish The Sopranos...

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 199
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 28/1/2013 1:56:16 PM   
Timon

I'm excited by what Whedon is planning for the sequel... in that he doesn't want to go bigger.

When asked how he hoped to top the blockbuster, he responded: "By not trying to. By being smaller. More personal, more painful. By being the next thing that should happen to these characters, and not just a rehash of what seemed to work the first time. By having a theme that is completely fresh and organic to itself."

"The creation of the team is not the happy ending, it is the beginning of something that is complex and difficult, and now I get to dig a little deeper. And maybe, while I'm digging, just twist that knife. And that's exciting for me."

Sweet.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 200
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 28/1/2013 2:06:40 PM   
homersimpson_esq

He'll kill off [insert major character].

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 201
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI