Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Avengers Assemble

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Avengers Assemble Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Avengers Assemble - 10/9/2012 10:58:20 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

It doesn't have the Joss Whedon commentary! Banish this unworthy thing to hell.

This lack of commentary thing is very bizarre. I believe ONLY the US gets it. Very odd. Whilst it's frustrating, i'm going to have to live without it.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 151
RE: Avengers Assemble - 10/9/2012 11:22:52 PM   
target

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: target

I'm Hoping mine will arrive at the weekend. Looking forward to seeing it in crisp HD. Only saw it once in the cinema and found the 3d pretty blurry most of the time.

I've heard nothing but good things about the 3D conversion for this (apart from your post obviously!) on the blu-ray.com forums so i'm really looking forward to seeing how it looks.

It's only the second film ive seen in 3d. It was fine for the most part. I just find it hard to focus on the really crazy action scenes.

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 152
RE: Avengers Assemble - 11/9/2012 1:00:17 PM   
Cool Breeze

Loved Avengers Assemble.

Loved The Dark Knight Rises even more.

But DREDD was better than both of them.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to target)
Post #: 153
RE: Avengers Assemble - 11/9/2012 1:22:48 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm Hoping mine will arrive at the weekend. Looking forward to seeing it in crisp HD. Only saw it once in the cinema and found the 3d pretty blurry most of the time.

I've heard nothing but good things about the 3D conversion for this (apart from your post obviously!) on the blu-ray.com forums so i'm really looking forward to seeing how it looks.

It's only the second film ive seen in 3d. It was fine for the most part. I just find it hard to focus on the really crazy action scenes.

Fair enough. In a weeks time i will get to see for myself. Of course i'm looking forward to an amazing 2D transfer as well!

(in reply to target)
Post #: 154
RE: Avengers Assemble - 13/9/2012 10:58:44 PM   
Ref

Still not got the DVD yet. Fingers crossed for tomorrow or Saturday.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

Post #: 155
RE: Avengers Assemble - 14/9/2012 9:54:30 AM   
darthbane

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

Loved Avengers Assemble.

But DREDD was better than both of them.

Loved Dredd.

But AVENGERS ASSEMBLE was better than both of them.

"You're not safe here. No one is" Batman - Arkham City

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/darthbane

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 156
RE: Avengers Assemble - 15/9/2012 3:34:23 PM   
Ref

Avengers Assemble has arrived!!

Gonna watch this beauty after Doctor Who tonight.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

(in reply to darthbane)
Post #: 157
RE: Avengers Assemble - 15/9/2012 9:30:02 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ref

Glad yours turned up Ref! Hope you've had a blast rewatching it

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 158
RE: Avengers Assemble - 16/9/2012 1:34:03 PM   
Ref

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ref

Glad yours turned up Ref! Hope you've had a blast rewatching it

That we did. Had a lovely movie-night at the Ref household - popcorn, beers and marshmellows. It's a strange combination, but it works

Post #: 159
RE: Avengers Assemble - 17/9/2012 9:38:00 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Watched the Blu tonight in 2D. Absolutely amazing looking disc and the sound is epic too. A close second to Battleship for the PQ/AQ

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 160
RE: Avengers Assemble - 17/9/2012 10:32:27 PM   
jcthefirst

Yeah, seconded DK. Looks amazing.

That's the fourth time I've seen it this year; still great.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

Post #: 161
RE: Avengers Assemble - 17/9/2012 11:55:43 PM   
Hood_Man

This is coming from Lovefilm tomorrow!! The Blu Ray of course, I CANNOT WAIT!

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 162
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 18/9/2012 12:30:18 AM   
Shifty Bench

I can spoil the film in here, can't I? I have put it in the title just in case. Anyway, apparently the UK dvd/Blu Ray has been very slightly edited-

Theatrical version

DVD/Blu version

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 18/9/2012 12:48:42 AM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 163
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 18/9/2012 6:11:49 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Yeah it's definitely been edited. I posted an article about this in the dvd/ blu ray thread as Disney have technically released an unclassified version of the movie. The BBFC website makes reference to this bit NOT being edited in the version they classified. Oh Disney UK you are useless

< Message edited by DONOVAN KURTWOOD -- 18/9/2012 6:12:23 AM >

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 164
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 18/9/2012 7:09:38 AM   
Shifty Bench

I looked for another post about it but couldn't find one

And, yeah, I read that the BBFC were investigating the situation as releasing an unclassified film without the BBFC's consent is frowned upon.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

Post #: 165
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 18/9/2012 9:25:10 PM   
Cool Breeze

Well my Blu ray was waiting in the post when i got home from work today and i watched it this evening.Still a fantastic film and great fun to watch.Im not really too fussed about extras but am happy that the deleted scenes were included.The best one is the alternate introduction to Cap.The scene where he is going through the files of his deceased comrades was quite sad but what was really interesting was he comes across Peggy Carters file and it says that she is still living and retired in Manchester.Cap looks at the phone and thinks about calling her but changes his mind.Very sad indeed.

I can see why it was cut but i hope they return to this in Cap 2.It would be nice to see Steve and Peggy have that reunion and have that dance.What was funny though was an extra Stan Lee cameo! He advises Steve to get the number of a pretty waitress who flirts with him at a cafe ( The same one who appears near the end of the actual film ).

Really enjoyed watching this again ( Even if its not quite in the same league as The Dark Knight Rises ).

Oh and youl all be pleased to know the Shawarma scene is indeed included at the end of the credits on the uk disc ( Thor REALLY likes his food! ).

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 18/9/2012 9:35:20 PM >

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

Post #: 166
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 18/9/2012 9:48:44 PM   
Scott_

quote:

Oh and youl all be pleased to know the Shawarma scene is indeed included at the end of the credits on the uk disc ( Thor REALLY likes his food! ).

I have no idea why but that scene is amazing.

Such a great film, better than TDKR for my money. It gets you pumped as your watching it, the action, the score and Hulk. It's basically a superhero version of Rocky IV. The last 30 minutes are incredible.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

Post #: 167
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 18/9/2012 9:52:52 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

quote:

Such a great film, better than TDKR for my money. It gets you pumped as your watching it, the action, the score and Hulk. It's basically a superhero version of Rocky IV. The last 30 minutes are incredible.

Interesting that you say that cos it occured to me that TDKR could be seen as a superhero version of Rocky IV.Batman must come out of retirement to fight an apparently unstoppable opponent and is told by someone very close to him that HE CANT WIN.Heck theres even a training montage!

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 18/9/2012 9:53:35 PM >

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 168
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 18/9/2012 10:31:24 PM   
Timon

So which is the best Blu Ray to get? Is the US one region-free? I'd appreciate the Whedon commentary...

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

Post #: 169
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 18/9/2012 10:36:36 PM   
jobloffski

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

quote:

Interesting that you say that cos it occured to me that TDKR could be seen as a superhero version of Rocky IV.Batman must come out of retirement to fight an apparently unstoppable opponent and is told by someone very close to him that HE CANT WIN.Heck theres even a training montage!

Actually, isn't TDKR Rocky III? Rocky/Batman is too unwilling to listen to common sense to realise the danger posed by Clubber Lang/Bane, and ignores the advice of his trainer/Butler. When facing him for the first time, Rocky/Batman is unprepared for the ferocity of Clubber/Bane and is battered into submission very cheaply. Having lost heart almost completely, Rocky/Batman must rediscover the eye of the tiger(will to survive)/fear of death(will to survive) that once made him unstoppable and once he does, he faces Clubber/Bane again, and having neutralised the psychological advantage his opponent previously had, defeats Clubber/Bane not through superior strength but through force of will, plus desiring what he is fighting for more than Clubber/Bane, whose original cockiness is nullified because what worked before didn't work, and his ability to overcome the tactics of his opponent is non-existent, because when what has always worked no longer has the same effect, they cannot adapt

(And, despite what people say about the manner of Bane's exit/death, Batman had already beaten Bane to a standstill in a one on one fight before any stabbing of the former necessitated the shooting of the latter)

Back on topic

I like Avengers. Avenger good,

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

Post #: 170
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 19/9/2012 2:13:45 AM   
MonsterCat

Count me in as a fan of this film.

Its been a long time since I genuinely had fun watching what is essentially a piece of summer blockbuster fluff.

Michael Bay, watch and learn, this how a summer blockbuster is done.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 171
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 19/9/2012 12:53:10 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

I looked for another post about it but couldn't find one

And, yeah, I read that the BBFC were investigating the situation as releasing an unclassified film without the BBFC's consent is frowned upon.

Got I hate crap like this. If it was fine in the cinema, why the cut, t's the same rating isn't it? As much as I enjoyed the film, it totally puts me off buying a UK version out of principle. That and the fact the extras seem to be different every shop you go to.

Post #: 172
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 19/9/2012 1:34:04 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I watched this in 3D. Easily the best 3D conversion i've seen after Titanic's, really amazing depth and the action really weaves in and out of the screen, especially in the city battle at the end. It looks so amazing. Of course this movie also has one of the best 2D transfers i've ever seen, so that's nice too. Shame about the extras situation but i dont love the movie enough to be bothered about that (or about the digitally altered spear tip). I do think that the 3rd highest grossing movie of all time should have more substantial extras (than even the US got) but hey ho, it's the movie that matters first and foremost. I must also add that the sound on this is epic too, had to turn it down a few times whilst watching it during the action scenes and it's pretty frakking loud.

2012 has been such a great summer for bid budget movies. I've loved Battleship, John Carter, Wrath of the Titans, Dredd and Prometheus and really enjoyed The Avengers and The Expendables 2. Can't remember the last time i enjoyed a summer season as much as this one

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 173
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 19/9/2012 1:58:33 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

I watched this in 3D. Easily the best 3D conversion i've seen after Titanic's, really amazing depth and the action really weaves in and out of the screen, especially in the city battle at the end. It looks so amazing. Of course this movie also has one of the best 2D transfers i've ever seen, so that's nice too. Shame about the extras situation but i dont love the movie enough to be bothered about that (or about the digitally altered spear tip). I do think that the 3rd highest grossing movie of all time should have more substantial extras (than even the US got) but hey ho, it's the movie that matters first and foremost. I must also add that the sound on this is epic too, had to turn it down a few times whilst watching it during the action scenes and it's pretty frakking loud.

2012 has been such a great summer for bid budget movies. I've loved Battleship, John Carter, Wrath of the Titans, Dredd and Prometheus and really enjoyed The Avengers and The Expendables 2. Can't remember the last time i enjoyed a summer season as much as this one

And the irony is you missed out on the best one...something to do with a guy dressed up as a bat.

Seriously DK, go see TDKR now while you still can, it's worth it for Anne Hathaways hot leather ass alone!

Post #: 174
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 19/9/2012 2:02:30 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

And the irony is you missed out on the best one...something to do with a guy dressed up as a bat.

Seriously DK, go see TDKR now while you still can, it's worth it for Anne Hathaways hot leather ass alone!

I know it's not right to make my mind up before seeing something, but i really wont think that much of it, if it's anything like TDK or Batman Begins. I mean TDK had its moments (the chase sequence being a highlight) but i really disliked BB a lot. I don't seem to get a lot of enjoyment from Nolan's movies, apart from The Prestige which i think is awesome. If the general consensus is that TDKR isn't quite as good as TDK, and i didn't like TDK that much.... well you do the math! Not a huge incentive for me to see it really.

Not trying to be unecessarily negative or totally pre-judge (which is admittedly what im doing), but i think Nolan's Bat movies just aren't for me. I'm glad he's finished his run so someone else can re-boot it though.

Post #: 175
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 19/9/2012 8:30:27 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

quote:

I know it's not right to make my mind up before seeing something, but i really wont think that much of it, if it's anything like TDK or Batman Begins. I mean TDK had its moments (the chase sequence being a highlight) but i really disliked BB a lot. I don't seem to get a lot of enjoyment from Nolan's movies, apart from The Prestige which i think is awesome. If the general consensus is that TDKR isn't quite as good as TDK, and i didn't like TDK that much.... well you do the math! Not a huge incentive for me to see it really.

Not trying to be unecessarily negative or totally pre-judge (which is admittedly what im doing), but i think Nolan's Bat movies just aren't for me. I'm glad he's finished his run so someone else can re-boot it though.

What part of ANNE HATHAWAYS HOT LEATHER ASS do you not understand?

Fair enough though DK but just to say that given the almost unanimosly glowing reviews from critics and over one billion in global box office, id say the general consensus is that its a lot better than John Carter and Batteship!

But back to Avengers..

I wonder what Loki meant when he said that Odin had to conjure '' dark energy '' in order to send Thor to earth.This sounds dangerous and is there a heavy price to be paid for doing this? Will it have some consequences that will be seen in Thor 2.Having said that i hope Loki doesnt play such a big role in the sequel,id rather see Thor going up against someone else in his rogues gallery.They have confirmed that Malekith will be in the sequel so hopefully he will be the main antagonist.

Post #: 176
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 19/9/2012 10:26:04 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

What part of ANNE HATHAWAYS HOT LEATHER ASS do you not understand?

Fair enough though DK but just to say that given the almost unanimosly glowing reviews from critics and over one billion in global box office, id say the general consensus is that its a lot better than John Carter and Batteship!

Well general consensus doesn't mean a whole to me i'm afraid, my own opinions rarely tie in with the vast majority Also Anne Hathaway does nothing for me i'm afraid!

I wonder if we'll get another Hulk movie after the great response to his character in The Avengers.

"Hulk.... smash!"

Post #: 177
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 23/9/2012 6:52:59 AM   
thedrin

There isn't a general consensus on which is better between TDK and TDKR. But I have noticed a trend whereby people who loved BB but found TDK disappointing tend to love TDKR, whilst people who loved TDK tend to find TDKr disappointing (YMMV).

Post #: 178
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 26/9/2012 11:20:21 AM   
Cool Breeze

OUCH!

Confused Matthew reviews The Avengers and the result isnt pretty..http://blip.tv/confused-matthew/general-review-the-avengers-6370717

The most harsh review iv ever seen of this film and while i do not agree with him that its terrible,i have to admit the film doesnt really have a good plot,has no real substance and was more about just getting superheros together to fight.Its just that it made for great mindless entertainment.

(in reply to thedrin)
Post #: 179
RE: Avengers Assemble SPOILERS - 26/9/2012 1:54:19 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I agree in that it does lack an actual plot. I think the 3rd act feels a little forced (despite being the best bit of the movie). We dont care about the main enemies and they only get one brief scene before they attack in the finale.

Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Avengers Assemble Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI