Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Avengers Assemble

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Avengers Assemble Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Avengers Assemble - 13/5/2012 1:43:26 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Didn't know any of that. Thanks!!

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 121
RE: Avengers Assemble - 16/5/2012 9:37:09 AM   
sky_walker

I think The avengers deserve to be the best movie of this year, and Hulk is really really stunning

viec lam hai phong | viec lam long an

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 122
RE: Avengers Assemble - 16/5/2012 1:39:22 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Definitely way too early to say, but i'm sure it'll be high on a lot of peoples lists

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to sky_walker)
Post #: 123
RE: Avengers Assemble - 16/5/2012 8:32:03 PM   
Cool Breeze

As fun as Avengers Assemble was, it will be pretty much forgotten when The Dark Knight Rises comes out which is sure to be the film of the year,

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 124
RE: Avengers Assemble - 16/5/2012 9:03:19 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

As fun as Avengers Assemble was, it will be pretty much forgotten when The Dark Knight Rises comes out

Not by me

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 125
RE: Avengers Assemble - 16/5/2012 9:24:07 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

As fun as Avengers Assemble was, it will be pretty much forgotten when The Dark Knight Rises comes out

Not by me

Me neither. Im sure batman will be awesome (rewatched DK recently, great stuff) but I cant see myself smiling my way through like through Avengers.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 126
RE: Avengers Assemble - 16/5/2012 9:49:23 PM   
Scott_

Finally saw this today, I bloody loved it! So much fun, the first half is a little slow but I didn't really care, I was enjoying the banter between the cast, everyone gets a moment to shine. The final battle was awesome, loved the way the action flowed between the characters. Only thing I wasn't too keen on was Caps costume, it didn't look all that useful for battle compared to the badass soldier look from The First Avenger.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 127
RE: Avengers Assemble - 18/5/2012 3:00:32 AM   
vad3r

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 128
RE: Avengers Assemble - 21/5/2012 10:54:05 PM   
ScottiE

CHECK OUT THE LINK..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjK9CSZwx4w

" Your 10 seconds away from the most embarrasing moment of your life "

"When you need to shoot , shoot, dont talk "

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 129
RE: Avengers Assemble - 24/5/2012 12:06:41 PM   
grucl

(in reply to ScottiE)
Post #: 130
RE: Avengers Assemble - 24/5/2012 12:18:33 PM   
st3veebee

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

Not by me

Me neither. Im sure batman will be awesome (rewatched DK recently, great stuff) but I cant see myself smiling my way through like through Avengers.

Nah: it won't be forgotten at all. Whether or not DKR is better or not is still to be seen, but The Avengers we know to be a bloody fantastic summer film.

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 131
RE: Avengers Assemble - 25/5/2012 11:48:45 AM   
Chief

quote:

As fun as Avengers Assemble was, it will be pretty much forgotten when The Dark Knight Rises comes out which is sure to be the film of the year,

I'd rather watch The Avengers again than either of the two previous Batman films so TDKR would have to be pretty special to make me forget The Avengers.

Post #: 132
RE: Avengers Assemble - 25/5/2012 1:07:07 PM   
jcthefirst

Just wondering here, and maybe this has been answered before, why didn't Loki's staff work on Tony Stark? Was it because his arc reactor in his chest was made from Tesseract stuff?

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 133
RE: Avengers Assemble - 25/5/2012 4:37:47 PM   
Titanm21

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

Just wondering here, and maybe this has been answered before, why didn't Loki's staff work on Tony Stark? Was it because his arc reactor in his chest was made from Tesseract stuff?

Cause he has no heart to control innit?*

*Actually has a heart but somehting about the chest peice provents Loki

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 134
RE: Avengers Assemble - 26/5/2012 2:11:23 PM   
Vadersville

Um... because it hit the chest plate instead of him. Hence the metallic twang noise.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 135
RE: Avengers Assemble - 26/5/2012 3:10:14 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

Um... because it hit the chest plate instead of him. Hence the metallic twang noise.

But if that was the case,any of those Shield agents wearing body armour or whatever protective covering they had wouldnt have been effected also.The arc reactor definetly gave Stark some protection as Loki just doesnt bother spearing another part of Tonys chest and throws him out the window.

Doesnt the ending of Captain America seem to imply that Howard Stark used the Tesseract as a basis for his arc reactor technology?

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 136
RE: Avengers Assemble - 27/5/2012 11:49:32 AM   
kumar

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

But if that was the case,any of those Shield agents wearing body armour or whatever protective covering they had wouldnt have been effected also.The arc reactor definetly gave Stark some protection as Loki just doesnt bother spearing another part of Tonys chest and throws him out the window.

Doesnt the ending of Captain America seem to imply that Howard Stark used the Tesseract as a basis for his arc reactor technology?

This is what I took from the end of the Cap movie, that Tony Starks dad reverse engineered the tesseract and ended up with an arc reactor. I was thinking that was how it would play throughout the movie (based purely on the colour!!) but I think its pretty nice that the films tie in together like that and it makes sense then that Loki's mind control thing wouldn't work.
I think generally it is brilliant how each film has some connections with the others, it really ties their universe together. The only thing I may be slightly unhappy with is the massive power difference of Cap from Stark, Thor and Hulk. Yes essentially he is just a strong man and the Avengers did a better job at showcasing his abilities but I would have preferred him to be stronger, or show some similarities to hulk given they share similar backgrounds. Whatever though, that is only a minor issue, I could have easily seen Cap play along Spiderman with the way he moved in the Avengers- shame that wont happen for a long long time!

I cant wait to see this bad boy again!!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

Post #: 137
RE: Avengers Assemble: Director's Cut - 13/6/2012 10:45:32 AM   
Timon

A 3 hour cut of The Avengers may get a release in cinemas before the Blu Ray - http://www.superheroauthority.com/2012/06/marvel-and-disney-rumored-to-be.html

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

Post #: 138
RE: Avengers Assemble: Director's Cut - 13/6/2012 6:03:10 PM   
Rich Empire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

A 3 hour cut of The Avengers may get a release in cinemas before the Blu Ray - http://www.superheroauthority.com/2012/06/marvel-and-disney-rumored-to-be.html

Bring it on!!!

The Dude abides...

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 139
RE: Avengers Assemble: Director's Cut - 4/8/2012 2:46:11 PM   
Mojo

So has everybody forgotten about The Avengers now that DKR has been released? Personally I've found myself really wanting to watch this again. It is just so much fun and the action is superb, and as much as I love DKR I think I personally prefer this film.

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to Rich Empire)
Post #: 140
RE: Avengers Assemble - 4/8/2012 3:08:24 PM   
giggity

For me it was a repeat of 2008

May - Walks out of seeing Iron Man: Wow that was a really fun film, really enjoyed that

July - Walks out of seeing The Dark Knight - Oh My god, that was incredible. I had no idea you could do that with a comic book film.

Now 2012

May - walks out of seeing The Avengers - Wow, that was so much fun, better than i expected! Really enjoyed that.

July - walks out of seeing The Dark Knight Rises - Oh my God, that was incredible. I had no idea you could do that with a comic book film.

Both films extremely good, The Avengers was your standard summer blockbuster yet done at it's very best but Rises just offers that much more.

Post #: 141
RE: Avengers Assemble - 7/8/2012 11:19:47 PM   
rubadub

Joss Whedon's on for Part 2

Yay!

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 142
RE: Avengers Assemble - 1/9/2012 12:31:43 PM   
LifeNeedsMeaning

To be honest, both The Dark Knight Rises and Avengers Assemble were brilliant films, but my heart really is in the latter. I can't see myself liking the former more than that, because when I re watched it a second time with my sister, somehow Bane didn't live up enough to my expectations this time. Of course, I can't doubt Christian Bale's acting in this film, but Avengers Assemble just felt intense, there were more cool characters to choose from, yet there was more chemistry and it was a lot funnier (although that doesn't really count considering it wasn't supposed to be funny, I just think with a group of people that have extraordinary talents like that managed to humour each other in the best possible way without being cheesy). Contrary to popular belief, it feels more difficult when there's only one superhero because you have to adapt them to fit them in the surroundings without feeling like anything is lacking, so they kind of have to compensate, which I don't think managed to give The Dark Knight Rises enough power for me to give it five stars.

'Why would I make a movie for someone I wouldn't want to hang out with? Have you ever met a critic who you wanted to party with? I haven't.' - Kurt Wimmer, on the poor critical reception of his film Equilibrium.

(in reply to rubadub)
Post #: 143
RE: Avengers Assemble - 10/9/2012 10:17:26 PM   
Ref

My DVD has been posted today - woohoo!

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to LifeNeedsMeaning)
Post #: 144
RE: Avengers Assemble - 10/9/2012 10:25:36 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Got the 3D blu ray on pre-order, although with HMV's delivery of late, i'll be getting it release day at the earliest.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 145
RE: Avengers Assemble - 10/9/2012 10:31:24 PM   
Ref

I've gone with the Collector's Edition (standard DVD though) with all the Avenger individual films plus Assemble. Hopefully it'll be here for the weekend - cannot wait,

You'll have to give us a review of the 3D version though, Don.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

Post #: 146
RE: Avengers Assemble - 10/9/2012 10:36:20 PM   
target

I'm Hoping mine will arrive at the weekend. Looking forward to seeing it in crisp HD. Only saw it once in the cinema and found the 3d pretty blurry most of the time.

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

Post #: 147
RE: Avengers Assemble - 10/9/2012 10:44:38 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ref

I've gone with the Collector's Edition (standard DVD though) with all the Avenger individual films plus Assemble. Hopefully it'll be here for the weekend - cannot wait,

You'll have to give us a review of the 3D version though, Don.

I'll definitely let you know my thoughts after watching it in 3D! Only saw it in 2D at the cinema. Hope you get your set for the weekend!

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 148
RE: Avengers Assemble - 10/9/2012 10:45:51 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: target

I'm Hoping mine will arrive at the weekend. Looking forward to seeing it in crisp HD. Only saw it once in the cinema and found the 3d pretty blurry most of the time.

I've heard nothing but good things about the 3D conversion for this (apart from your post obviously!) on the blu-ray.com forums so i'm really looking forward to seeing how it looks.

(in reply to target)
Post #: 149
RE: Avengers Assemble - 10/9/2012 10:51:24 PM   
vad3r

It doesn't have the Joss Whedon commentary! Banish this unworthy thing to hell.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Avengers Assemble Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI