Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Avengers (2012)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: The Avengers (2012) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 2/5/2012 2:59:08 PM   
Swoz_MK

Is anyone else sick of Stan Lee turning up and completely taking youout of the film?

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 61
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 2/5/2012 3:07:17 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Swoz_MK

Is anyone else sick of Stan Lee turning up and completely taking youout of the film?

Yes. He's been pissing me off for years. The one in Avengers wasn't too bad, especially compared to something like The Incredible Hulk. No doubt we'll have to endure another appearance in Amazing Spider-Man later on this year .

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 62
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 2/5/2012 3:47:25 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

Yup to him turning up no to him taking me out of the film. I think the only recent ones he didn't turn up in were the Punisher movies and the Wolverine movie.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 2/5/2012 4:45:58 PM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 63
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 2/5/2012 3:50:46 PM   
st3veebee

quote:

ORIGINAL: Max Renn

quote:

ORIGINAL: rubadub

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

Am I the only one who really didn't think the Hulk hitting Loki/Thor was funny in the slightest?Tom and Jerry humour is slightly out of place....

Of course 99% of the cinema's sides' split. 

Thors "He's adopted" line was far and away the funniest part. Downey Jr's constant mumble jokes grated on me a little.

Yeah,you're the only one.

Of course 99% of the cinema were wrong and have a childish sense of humour,whereas st3veebee is far too highbrow and belongs in the 1% of the cinema with no sense of humour whatsoever.

I did forget to mention one thing: literally from the first second of the film the guy sitting beside me on his own started laughing (a moronic "huh-huh" chuckle) and kept going EVERY. 4-5. SECONDS. NON. STOP. I think this ruined all comedy in the film as I dreaded hearing that fucking noise.

I'm going to go see it again and this time: it will be funny. Oh, yes. It will be funny.

Then I can join the cool gang. YAY!

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to Max Renn)
Post #: 64
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 2/5/2012 4:02:11 PM   
Larry of Arabia

The only Stan Lee cameo I've found added anything remotely positive to proceedings was in Thor, I did chuckle at that. The others are just shoe-horned in.

I actually can't remember what his cameo in The Avengers was now.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 65
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 2/5/2012 4:03:07 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Larry of Arabia

The only Stan Lee cameo I've found added anything remotely positive to proceedings was in Thor, I did chuckle at that. The others are just shoe-horned in.

I actually can't remember what his cameo in The Avengers was now.

Man on news disputing the existence of super heroes towards the end of the film.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 66
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 2/5/2012 4:15:33 PM   
Vadersville

Second post credits scene, just for the US??? Clicky

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 67
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 2/5/2012 4:21:02 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

Only if you know who Stan Lee is and are aware that he does a cameo in every Marvel film. 90% of the audience don't, therefore I don't think Marvel really give a toss if a handful of fanboys find it annoying. Personally I don't mind them one bit, they take up literally 0.01% of the films running time so its no big deal to me.

Besides I'm sure there would be just as many complaints if the cameos stopped.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 68
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 2/5/2012 4:27:22 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

Only if you know who Stan Lee is and are aware that he does a cameo in every Marvel film. 90% of the audience don't, therefore I don't think Marvel really give a toss if a handful of fanboys find it annoying. Personally I don't mind them one bit, they take up literally 0.01% of the films running time so its no big deal to me.

All of them from Stan Lee.

I think you'r way off with your 90% prediction as well. My wife has never read a comic book in her life and she asked me who the old guy that can't act who pops up in all comic book films is (I didn't want to correct her, poor thing ).

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 69
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 2/5/2012 4:41:06 PM   
Whistler

quote:

quote:

Not to mention he created all of the characters so he can do whatever the fuck he wants.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 70
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 2/5/2012 4:45:34 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

quote:

quote:

Not to mention he created all of the characters so he can do whatever the fuck he wants.

This is true but it doesn't make it any less annoying. He didn't create Punisher and Wolverine which is why he wasn't in those films.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 71
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 2/5/2012 4:48:11 PM   
Swoz_MK

US-only additional credits scene. Yummy Shawarma.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 72
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 2/5/2012 4:49:18 PM   
Swoz_MK

quote:

quote:

quote:

He didn't. But that's besides the point.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 73
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 2/5/2012 4:52:13 PM   
Whistler

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well he created most of them. I don't read many comics so I don't know exactly what he has and hasn't done, but I know he's done enough to warrant a few ten second cameos.

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 74
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 2/5/2012 4:55:02 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

He co-created them though didn't he? Besides, it's the same deal with X-Men, he created the group but not Wolverine so he appears in X-Men films.

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 75
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 2/5/2012 8:25:48 PM   
kumar

"Hulk.....smash!"

What a line! Two days after and im still grinning about this film. So so good.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

Post #: 76
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 2/5/2012 9:16:12 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

Well I'm feeling a little bit miffed at this. I would rather have seen this than the one with Thaos  Partly because I had no idea who he was and had to google it and partly because it sounds like a nicely funny - and very Joss throwaway thing.

No doubt it will be on the blu-ray though

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 77
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 2/5/2012 9:32:58 PM   
Hood_Man

I'm sure it'll be on YouTube before too long anyway.

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 78
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 2/5/2012 9:41:52 PM   
Vadersville

Yeah, I'm also a little pissed too. I guess that's the price we pay for getting it before the US...

In regards to the Stan Lee cameos, I really don't get the hate! They're less than a minute long and regardsless of who he created / co-created / didn't create, the man has been a phenomenal influence on the comic world and always comes across as the nicest guy imaginable in real life, I'm sure we can spare him a few seconds here and there. I actually like spotting his cameos. Iron Man has been the funniest for me, where he gets mistaken by Stark for Hugh Hefner.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 79
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 2/5/2012 10:11:19 PM   
Hood_Man

I'd love it if his next cameo was as an "unnamed comic book writer" at a comic signing, but I do like his cameo in Iron Man

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 80
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 3/5/2012 12:50:24 PM   
Cool Breeze

So when is DC JUSTICE LEAGUE GATHER ROUND coming out?

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 81
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 3/5/2012 1:43:56 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

quote:

Well I'm feeling a little bit miffed at this. I would rather have seen this than the one with Thaos  Partly because I had no idea who he was and had to google it and partly because it sounds like a nicely funny - and very Joss throwaway thing.

No doubt it will be on the blu-ray though

Its probably in addition to the Thaos one. I'd imagine it shows up at the very end of the credits instead of midway through. It'll be one the blu like you said so no biggie.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 82
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 3/5/2012 4:16:44 PM   
Shifty Bench

I stayed for the credits scene but since I have no clue who Thanos is I sort of shrugged. I didn't know The Other was played by Alexis Denisof! Holy crap. That scene that the US are getting would be quite funny. Especially, as I said, I don't bloody know who Thanos is.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 83
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 3/5/2012 7:18:30 PM   
Ref

Well I stayed behind at the cinema (with the other hard-core fans) to watch the scene post (post) credits, but obviously left disappointed by the lack of post-credits scene. Just have to YouTube it tomorrow instead.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

Rogers - "Is this the first time you've lost a soldier?"

Stark - "We are not soldiers!"

Yeah, that was a great scene. Anyone who maintains that Evans was anything less than perfect casting for Caps after that needs a slap across the face with a big, wet fish.

Too true. I had a semi-argument with one of my co-workers about Caps - he said he was rubbish, I stated otherwise (in a mildly geeky manor).

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 84
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 4/5/2012 4:46:35 PM   
rubadub

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ref

Well I stayed behind at the cinema (with the other hard-core fans) to watch the scene post (post) credits, but obviously left disappointed by the lack of post-credits scene. Just have to YouTube it tomorrow instead.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

Rogers - "Is this the first time you've lost a soldier?"

Stark - "We are not soldiers!"

Yeah, that was a great scene. Anyone who maintains that Evans was anything less than perfect casting for Caps after that needs a slap across the face with a big, wet fish.

Too true. I had a semi-argument with one of my co-workers about Caps - he said he was rubbish, I stated otherwise (in a mildly geeky manor).

You should have gave him a slap with Vadersville's big wet fish.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 85
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 4/5/2012 4:54:41 PM   
rubadub

quote:

What is shawarma anyway?

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 86
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 4/5/2012 5:28:19 PM   
Ref

Anyone found the US-only post credits scene yet? I've been a-searching, but no luck

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to rubadub)
Post #: 87
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 4/5/2012 6:08:13 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: rubadub

quote:

What is shawarma anyway?

We call it.......a kebab.

By the way, I love Thor in that photo

(in reply to rubadub)
Post #: 88
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 5/5/2012 11:09:27 PM   
Hood_Man

There's a few videos of it on YouTube already, some of them are pretty bad. The good one I saw disappeared after minutes I saw it though

It's quite funny, in a subdued kind of way

Post #: 89
RE: The Avengers (2012) - 6/5/2012 1:59:34 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: thedrin

Comment on the acting. This is the most impressed I've been by Scarlett Johansson in a film since Lost in Translation. Since then she's seemed to be not much more that a pretty face acting as placeholder for [female lead]. She's appeared in lots of respectable films but never struck me as being anything more than adequate (e.g. The Prestige).

I'd agree with that, In fact I've never been particularly impressed by her in anything until this. I really enjoyed her performance.

The whole film was great fun although I really was hoping that the credits sequence would be of Agent Coulson alive and well and the announcement of his death had been a ploy.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to thedrin)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: The Avengers (2012) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI