Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Magazine >> Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. - 26/4/2012 9:15:12 PM   
Cool Breeze

Am i the only one who couldnt give a rats arse about Empires awards show coverage? Especialy their own.I mean do we really have to see year after year of Empire printing photosof arse kissed overpaid actors posing for camera? A lot of magazine space is taken up with this and its just a waste of space in the magazine.I buy the magazine for reviews,set reports,and articles on classic films.I find it boring to see endless photos of actors being chummy at awards shows that i always skip these '' artcles ''.There are really too many awards shows for films anyway and its tiresome to hear and read about them as if they actually matter.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''
Post #: 1
RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. - 26/4/2012 11:27:28 PM   
MonsterCat

With all due respect, sir, it's not as if the awards coverage takes up every single inch of space in the magazine.

Just skip that part. Job done.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 2
RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. - 27/4/2012 12:27:05 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

i always skip these '' artcles ''.There are really too many awards shows for films anyway and its tiresome to hear and read about them as if they actually matter.

If you always skip them, how can they be tiresome to read about? Surely the act of skipping them means you don't read them?

Post #: 3
RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. - 27/4/2012 12:43:26 AM   
MonsterCat

Also: there are many, many people out there who will want to bone up on what happened with the awards show, and Empire is simply catering to those people.

The magazine can't cater to everybody's taste, it would be impossible to do so. They really can't be worrying about upsetting a few people who don't like the award coverage.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 27/4/2012 12:51:54 AM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 4
RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. - 27/4/2012 12:52:14 AM   
rawlinson

Plus, it's Empire's awards ceremony. To expect the magazine to ignore the ceremony is a bit odd. Of course they're going to cover it, but unless Helen O'Hara turns up at your house and takes A Clockwork Orange approach to get you to read the bit about the awards, then it's not really a big deal.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 5
RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. - 27/4/2012 8:58:40 AM   
MartinBlank76

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

Plus, it's Empire's awards ceremony. To expect the magazine to ignore the ceremony is a bit odd. Of course they're going to cover it, but unless Helen O'Hara turns up at your house and takes A Clockwork Orange approach to get you to read the bit about the awards, then it's not really a big deal.

Exactly. And they have always covered them, and its only once a year. I always find them interesting enough especially the group photos were you see british actors, few people off the telly, comedy host, big hollywood star!!!!, british actors, few people off the telly - all sitting in a row.

< Message edited by MartinBlank76 -- 27/4/2012 8:59:05 AM >

I'm just a fella. I think beer should be cold and boots should be dusty. I think 911 was bad. And freedom? Well, I think thats just a little bit better.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 6
RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. - 27/4/2012 1:26:17 PM   
horribleives

I don't have any problem with it being covered but I reckon 14 pages - that basically amount to pictures of famous people smiling - is a bit much. Though as someone else said, I can always ignore it, and in fact, other than lingering for a few seconds on the bits of skirt from Harry Potter, that's exactly what I did. Job done.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to MartinBlank76)
Post #: 7
RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. - 29/4/2012 12:05:34 AM   
filmfanatic123

It is their awards show...

Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 8
RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. - 9/5/2012 9:42:43 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: filmfanatic123

Yes but it is our money that is used to buy the magazine,they could fill it with somerthing more worthwhile than pictures of overpaid actors smiling and hugging together.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to filmfanatic123)
Post #: 9
RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. - 9/5/2012 10:22:26 PM   
matty_b

And if you don't want your money to go towards it, stop buying it. It's very simple.

Also, they're funded by ads, not just your four quid a week.

quote:

Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

Post #: 10
RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. - 10/5/2012 1:02:26 AM   
Spaldron

I'm just annoyed they never televised any of them.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 11
RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. - 10/5/2012 8:19:57 AM   
matty_b

I know, what do you pay your money for?

quote:

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 12
RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. - 10/5/2012 12:56:04 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

quote:

Yes but it is our money that is used to buy the magazine,they could fill it with somerthing more worthwhile than pictures of overpaid actors smiling and hugging together.

Shut up.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

Post #: 13
RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. - 10/5/2012 1:57:14 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

quote:

Shut up.

Classy.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 14
RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. - 10/5/2012 3:00:18 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

quote:

quote:

Shut up.

Classy.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 15
RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. - 10/5/2012 3:05:54 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

quote:

quote:

Shut up.

Classy.

Well, you know, "when in Rome"...

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 16
RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. - 11/5/2012 11:20:08 AM   
Helen OHara

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

DAMMIT someone has figured out my ultimate masterplan.

And of course we're going to cover our own awards show. Apart from anything else, who seriously objects to amusing pictures of beautiful people? It's literally once a year; I don't think it's unreasonable. Incidentally, the awards have been televised once or twice, in part or in full.

"I never understood drinking. It isn't good for your looks, and it cuts down on what you are. I never wanted to cut down on what I am." - Mae West

"Movies are forever, and sex doesn't last" - Mae West.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 17
RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. - 11/5/2012 11:35:58 AM   
paul_ie86

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Also, they're funded by ads, not just your four quid a week.

Matty, I think someone is ripping you off.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 18
RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. - 11/5/2012 12:35:54 PM   
matty_b

WHAT.

quote:

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 19
RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. - 26/5/2012 8:08:01 AM   
nollyg

quote:

Am i the only one who couldnt give a rats arse about Empires awards show coverage? Especialy their own.I mean do we really have to see year after year of Empire printing photosof arse kissed overpaid actors posing for camera? A lot of magazine space is taken up with this and its just a waste of space in the magazine.I buy the magazine for reviews,set reports,and articles on classic films.I find it boring to see endless photos of actors being chummy at awards shows that i always skip these '' artcles ''.There are really too many awards shows for films anyway and its tiresome to hear and read about them as if they actually matter.

Sir, you are not the only one left fuming with the ridiculous amount of coverage. It's an OUTRAGE!

Also many of your naysayers have pointed out that it's EMPIRE's awards so they're are bound to cover it.

Why the FUCK, then, do they need to cover it in the magazine AND the website.

EMPIRE please leave this type of feckless shite to HEAT magazine.

While I'm on a rant, get rid of 'My Movie Mastermind' it is poop as well.

(and no crossword this month GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I'm left in raggy purple pants!)

Post #: 20
RE: Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. - 26/5/2012 8:32:11 AM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: nollyg

Sir, you are not the only one left fuming with the ridiculous amount of coverage. It's an OUTRAGE!

Well...the Syrian government's continued brutal crackdown on protesters is an outrage. For some this issue could be described at best as a mild annoyance, one that only occurs once a year. Personally I enjoy the coverage. If there's something in the magazine that doesn't interest me I skip it. Simples. I suggest that you sir/madam go out into the sunshine and have some sex or something. Or at the very least a nice refreshing cup of tea.

Unless of course your disproportionate ire was ironic. If so well done.

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to nollyg)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Magazine >> Awards show coverage is a waste of magazine space. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI