Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

I am bemused because...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> I am bemused because... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I am bemused because... - 25/4/2012 7:41:28 PM   
homersimpson_esq

This didn't piss me off, nor make me smile, nor was it just something I was thinking. It bemused me.

So yesterday I was purchasing my evening repast at a reputable local purveyor of convenient and velocitous food. There was a chap of questionable employment next to me also waiting to pay for a similar evening meal. As we waited he clocked the young male shop assistant eying up his attractive female co-worker's rear, and guffawed like a buffoon, pointing out to all and sundry the male employee's indiscretion, much to the assistant's embarrassment. I ignored his attempts to draw others into his little joke, and merely looked beatific as I waited for my food.

Time went on, and there appeared to be a problem with setting up the till to process a card payment. The young male employee served me was struggling, so the attractive lady who had been serving the disreputable man, still cackling at his own wit, came over to help. Soon, a third mystery man - I shall call him the cook, as that is probably what he was - arrived from the depths of the establishment and, with their powers combined, eventually managed to work out the till which, clearly, was designed by Boeing. Anyway, before the situation had resolved itself, the buffoon next to me had changed his tune from one of leering cretinousness to indignation at having to wait for his food.

"I don't want cold food, why are you all serving him?" he bawled. His loutish behaviour to this point had been largely ignored and so when he changed his tune, it was also ignored. I almost felt sorry for him, for his complaint was a justifiable one: his food was indeed sitting going cold while he waited to pay. Clearly not getting a rise out of the employees, he then surmised that actually the till not working was my fault and, the crime of not carrying any sterling around with me was unforgivable.

"Why don't you carry a tenner around with you?" he enquired of me. I ignored him, as the attractive lady (with the aforementioned pert arse) was talking to me and I know who I'd rather listen to. "Why am I being ignored cos of this twat's problem?" He continued. "Just cos he don't carry no cash around."

He made me feel quite well-to-do. It helped that I was wearing a suit and carrying an umbrella. That I was frequenting a vendor of fried chicken should have given the game away that I was not, in fact, well-to-do, but just wanted to go home and eat my food too.

Anyway, it bemused me that he should go from bawdy accusations of arse-watching to indignant accusations of innocent customers in two minutes flat.

I got a 10% discount on the meal and a bunch of vouchers too. So now you know: to get a good deal use a card to pay and make sure you're standing next to a neanderthal in the queue.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.
Post #: 1
RE: I am bemused because... - 25/4/2012 8:30:26 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

I have to admit this post made me chuckle.

quote:

He made me feel quite well-to-do. It helped that I was wearing a suit and carrying an umbrella. That I was frequenting a vendor of fried chicken should have given the game away that I was not, in fact, well-to-do, but just wanted to go home and eat my food too.

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 2
RE: I am bemused because... - 25/4/2012 8:43:47 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq
velocitous

I'm bemused as I believe I've spotted the 'new' behooved.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

Post #: 3
RE: I am bemused because... - 25/4/2012 9:02:31 PM   
Larry of Arabia

...because after 5 years on the boards, a million homework threads and million smart aleccy "in before the lock" replies to (right) said threads, for the first time ever there is one open and everyone's like "it ain't no thang, guy just needs help with his homework."

I, for one, am bemused.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 4
RE: I am bemused because... - 25/4/2012 9:08:07 PM   
elab49

Wait to the 50th asking the same question over and over and over and over again. 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 5
RE: I am bemused because... - 25/4/2012 9:26:32 PM   
Hood_Man

This has left me feeling bemused

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17829438

Not only did the man "park" his car in the entrance of the Paris Metro, but it's apparently happened before.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 6
RE: I am bemused because... - 25/4/2012 9:57:18 PM   
Spaldron

Never heard a KFC described as a "reputable local purveyor of convenient and velocitous food" before.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 7
RE: I am bemused because... - 25/4/2012 10:07:20 PM   
Rebenectomy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

This has left me feeling bemused

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17829438

Not only did the man "park" his car in the entrance of the Paris Metro, but it's apparently happened before.

Paris be crazy for cars. I was having dinner once on the Champs Elysées (McDonald's before you go thinking I'm being all posh like) and this guy literally stopped in the middle of traffic, across two opposing lanes, hopped into Macky D's, got himself a Le Big Mac and sauntered back out. All in the middle of rush hour.

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 8
RE: I am bemused because... - 25/4/2012 10:16:29 PM   
steffols

Wasn't it driving law in France not that long ago that you had to give way ON a roundabout? I don't drive but even to my uneducated ears, that sounds baffling.

I am as bemused as Larry at the dude with the homework thread.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 9
RE: I am bemused because... - 26/4/2012 12:28:18 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

Wasn't it driving law in France not that long ago that you had to give way ON a roundabout? I don't drive but even to my uneducated ears, that sounds baffling.

I am as bemused as Larry at the dude with the homework thread.

Can we have a "I am happy because..." thread, and then wait for Larry to post, please.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 10
RE: I am bemused because... - 26/4/2012 12:54:07 PM   
superdan

quote:

Anyway, it bemused me that he should go from bawdy accusations of arse-watching to indignant accusations of innocent customers in two minutes flat.

Some people are quite simply incorrigible blaggards. Although, I kind of hope the assistant gets some poon on account of said blaggard breaking the ice for him.

Post #: 11
RE: I am bemused because... - 26/4/2012 4:32:31 PM   
Stillwater

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

velocitous

I'm bemused at the idea that anything could replace 'behoove'

Forum Innuendo Champion 2009

"great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love disguised as sex, and sex disguised as love..."

" There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; Omitted, all the voyage of their life Is bound in shallows and in miseries "

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 12
RE: I am bemused because... - 26/4/2012 4:34:12 PM   
Stillwater

quote:

quote:

velocitous

I am also bemused at the adverts for the new Zac Efron movie, whatever it is, with quotes such as 'Zac Efron couldn't be hotter' used to sell it. Now I like my hot men as much as anyone, but it generally isn't the reason why I go and see a film.

Forum Innuendo Champion 2009

"great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love disguised as sex, and sex disguised as love..."

" There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; Omitted, all the voyage of their life Is bound in shallows and in miseries "

(in reply to Stillwater)
Post #: 13
RE: I am bemused because... - 26/4/2012 4:39:17 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stillwater

quote:

quote:

velocitous

I am also bemused at the adverts for the new Zac Efron movie, whatever it is, with quotes such as 'Zac Efron couldn't be hotter' used to sell it. Now I like my hot men as much as anyone, but it generally isn't the reason why I go and see a film.

Gah!

Also, the way the quote is on the bus adverts for that film, it makes it look like it's the tagline for the film. Which would be genius in its honesty of intent, really.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Stillwater)
Post #: 14
RE: I am bemused because... - 26/4/2012 5:07:48 PM   
st3veebee

Are you this character?

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

Post #: 15
RE: I am bemused because... - 26/4/2012 5:48:16 PM   
Rebenectomy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stillwater

If it's for the same Efron film that I saw a trailer for before Hunger Games, then trust me, it is possibly the only selling point. It looks dreadful.

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to Stillwater)
Post #: 16
RE: I am bemused because... - 27/4/2012 11:05:45 AM   
Arron_

quote:

ORIGINAL: Larry of Arabia

(right) said threads

Nice!

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 17
RE: I am bemused because... - 27/4/2012 7:14:20 PM   
sanchia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KNT0DF6yrg&feature=related

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Arron_)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> I am bemused because... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI