Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Strippers Vs. Werewolves

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Strippers Vs. Werewolves Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strippers Vs. Werewolves - 25/4/2012 7:00:29 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Strippers Vs. Werewolves - 25/4/2012 7:00:29 PM   
Hood_Man

Surely Martin Kemp is more famous for Eastenders than Spandau Ballet, or is this a generational thing?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Strippers Vs. Werewolves - 25/4/2012 7:10:31 PM   
Shifty Bench

I would have said he is more famous for being in the band. Not everyone watches Eastenders, I certainly didn't when he was in it but I Remember it being a big deal because he was in Spandau Ballet

Plus, he'd be more well-known worldwide for being in the group.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 25/4/2012 7:11:21 PM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 3
RE: Strippers Vs. Werewolves - 25/4/2012 11:37:51 PM   
Hood_Man

That's fair enough actually, I'll always remember him for that crappy "Night to Remember" hosted by Alistair McGowan, when they brought in the Friday night episode.

I haven't seen Strippers Vs. Werewolves by the way

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 4
RE: Strippers Vs. Werewolves - 26/4/2012 9:49:47 AM   
Discodez

Adele Silva eughhh, she mings more than Ming the merciless.

Post #: 5
RE: Strippers Vs. Werewolves - 26/4/2012 12:26:42 PM   
horribleives

When I read the feature about this in last month's Empire I assumed it was an April fool.
Dear me.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 6
RE: Strippers Vs. Werewolves - 26/4/2012 1:03:23 PM   
Emyr Thy King

It's fair to say she mings you mercilessly?

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 7
RE: Strippers Vs. Werewolves - 19/5/2012 1:14:59 AM   
Phubbs

Strippers vs Werewolves (2012)

LOVE the title and LOVE the idea (who wouldn't?) but I was devastated upon watching that the film is actually pretty lame really.

A British low budget horror/gore/comedy which is probably suppose to be along the same kind of lines as 'American Werewolf' and 'Zombie Strippers' but alas it falls way short. I didn't expect an epic effects laden masterpiece of course but I did expect allot of raunchy half naked strippers and errrr more gore actually.

The girls are cute but sparse which is odd considering the title and hardly any ass on show a tall! *weeps*. The makeup on the werewolves swings from not bad to pretty terrible really, again I was expecting greatness but its a bit shitty looking really. Its all hands on makeup and effects which looks better than cgi anyday but this film cries out for just a touch more skill. On a visual note they seem to have tried to make the film appear like the pages of a comicbook, split screens with a bit of text and in a slightly cartoony way, kinda works but the rest of the film needs to be good to make it fully work.

A cult cast can't save the film either, Sarah Douglas of 'Ursa' fame in 'Superman II' has been in many silly low budget affairs, dunno why. A brief cameo by Martin Kemp, Lucy Pinder looking hot as a vampire bride but not really doing much, scary Brit hard man Alan Ford (again briefly), ex Bond villain Steven Berkoff (again again briefly!) and finally none other than Robert Englund who like the others listed here also appears briefly and doesn't do anything much a tall.
It does seem as though they got these cult names in just to raise the bar of the film on the grapevine, no one thought to give them something cool to do.

Such a missed chance for a gloriously over the top tits, ass and gore flick, I can't believe how badly they blew it, criminal. Had this been in the hands of Landis or Jay Lee the director of 'Zombie Strippers, it could of been hella cool.

Post #: 8
RE: Strippers Vs. Werewolves - 19/5/2012 12:18:54 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Surely Martin Kemp is more famous for Eastenders than Spandau Ballet, or is this a generational thing?

I'd say he was more famous for being in Spandau Ballet, then being in The Krays.......then being in Eastenders. Yes, it's a generation thing.

Shame this film is not as good as the title suggests.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Strippers Vs. Werewolves Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI