Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: 176. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: 176. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. Page: <<   < prev  21 22 23 [24] 25   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 176. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 16/9/2012 2:04:15 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

So according to your list:

Avatar < Blue Velvet and Burton's Batman

It was painful going to see Avatar with five friends who all loved it while I didn't It happened again when we went to go see Alice In Wonderland (which was a pile of utter shit)

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 691
RE: 176. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 16/9/2012 2:09:51 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: scarface666brooksy!!

Can't argue with that!

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 692
RE: 176. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 16/9/2012 2:17:15 AM   
MonsterCat

*bangs head repeatedly on computer desk*

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 693
RE: 176. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 16/9/2012 2:19:43 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: scarface666brooksy!!

Can't argue with that!

Post #: 694
RE: 176. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 16/9/2012 6:03:40 AM   
homersimpson_esq

You got the "<" the wrong way round.

But yeah, I play that game with lists, too, when people have films I disagree with ahead of classics, etc.

I did at least acknowledge the impending grief from the offset!

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

Post #: 695
RE: 176. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 16/9/2012 7:03:03 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

You got the "<" the wrong way round.

quote:

But yeah, I play that game with lists, too, when people have films I disagree with ahead of classics, etc.

I did at least acknowledge the impending grief from the offset!

That is true, but regardless of all of that it's been a really good list so far and there's a fair few that are on my ever increasing to-watch list.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 696
RE: 176. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 16/9/2012 2:49:19 PM   
homersimpson_esq

I don't think there'll be many arguments with the next one. I don't know anyone who doesn't have at least some love for it.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

Post #: 697
175. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 16/9/2012 3:22:31 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Sitting comfortably between Hallowe’en and Christmas, The Nightmare Before Christmas (Tim Burton wrote it; Henry Selick directed it, let’s get that out of the way first) is the film which traditionally kicks off my Christmas-based viewing. (Not yet, I hasten to add!) It seems a little odd to write about it “out of season”, but such is the nature of the beast.

Jack Skellington is the King of Halloweentown, a fantasy world in which the inhabitants are as excited for the annual preparations for Hallowe’en as Santa’s elves for Christmas. Ghoulishness and ghostly, musical and murderous, they carry out their work with abandon. But Jack is morose, and longs for more to his existence. Lost in deep-thought on a walk he stumbles across a magical forest with portals to other festive worlds. Discovering Christmastown, Jack seeks to reinvent Christmas as something Halloweentown could manage, kidnaps Santa Claus (well-meaning, naturally) and proceeds to misunderstand the very concept of Christmas.

The joy of The Nightmare Before Christmas is threefold. There is the story itself. Wonderfully inventive, constantly surprising. It mixes horror and comedy in a way that isn’t necessarily frightful to children, but suitably bizarre and otherworldly. Jack’s naïvety is pure, his intentions honourable. He truly believes what he is trying to do is for the best. It contrasts with Oogie who is a festering sack of evil. It is Sally, creation of Dr Finkelstein, who must show Jack the error of his ways and truly save Christmas. It’s a story that demonstrates that actually, everybody has a place where they are best, even if they don’t realise it. And that’s a valuable story for a film that is, after all, aimed at children.

The second joy is the animation. Stop-motion is, and always will be, so endearing. There is a crudity that belies the skill and passion and painstaking work that goes into the animation. It may have been easier to do traditional animation, or more effective to do live action filming. But in using this method it is tangible and real, and yet maintains the visual panache and inventiveness that the creators want to bestow upon the film. It’s the perfect medium after all.

The third joy is the music. Danny Elfman – famous for his work with Tim Burton (Batman et al) and the timeless, effortless joy of the theme tune to “The Simpsons” – here doubles as composer and the singing voice of Jack. (Chris Sarandon provides Jack’s speaking voice.) The songs are as timeless as most things Elfman writes and, 19 years after the film was made, still sound fresh. “What’s this?”, “This is Hallowe’en”, “The Oogie Boogie Man”, all stay in one’s head long after the film has finished. All evoke the film immediately upon hearing the song title. (I apologise: some of you will now have “What’s this?” stuck in your head.)

These three things – great story, animation, music – combine to create a lasting classic; a film that is a joy to watch every single year. Something I’ll be doing in about six weeks: the midway point between Hallowe’en and Christmas, like clockwork, every year.

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 698
RE: 175. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 16/9/2012 3:27:00 PM   
Rebel scum

Nightmare-Brilliant, I love it to bits.

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

Post #: 699
RE: 175. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 16/9/2012 3:33:53 PM   
MovieAddict247

Nightmare is amazing - great choice.

Still haven't seen Avatar.

VOTE NOW for your favourite vocalist - Empire's Favourite Voices

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 700
174. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 16/9/2012 3:53:48 PM   
homersimpson_esq

...and we're back onto the divisive ones...

While Back To The Future is the acceptable face of time-travel films, Primer is the back-alley illicit hit, pure and uncut. At just 77 mins long, it is potentially slight, but the steadily layered plot means that you may very well want to watch it more than once. Certainly if you have a hope of understanding it. (Hint: I don’t yet. Still.)

Ostensibly, the film is about a group of young men who, in their spare time, tinker around in garages making things they don’t teach you about on “Blue Peter”. Hell, I don’t think they even teach you this stuff in Physics degrees. One of them creates a time machine, at which point reality slowly bleeds away like an untended wound, and your grasp of just what exactly is going on slips away.

There are timeline charts and graphs around online that attempt to explain exactly what happens in the film, but part of me thinks that that detracts from the film. Part of me wants to let it wash over me, another part needs to understand everything. Either way, you cannot deny that this film is a fascinating study of just how friendships fritter away when power is concerned; of the tenuousness of interpersonal relationships; of how distrust grows; and of just how absolutely screwed we’d all be if time travel really and truly were possible.

Primer was a micro-budgeted film that was so far below the radar, it might have tunnelled by. A film doesn’t need to have big budgets, or even big names – it needs to have heart and it needs to have quality. It’s style may seem clinical and cold, but its heart show through, and there is a real passion for stripping down a film to its essentials at play here.

Science fiction is arguably at its best at either end of the budgetary spectrum. The big blockbusters with the behemoth budgets are bold and brassy: the smaller scifis with the slimline size stipends are sublime and something special. Primer is the latter of these.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to MovieAddict247)
Post #: 701
RE: 174. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 16/9/2012 4:00:08 PM   
matty_b

Nightmare is brilliant.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

Post #: 702
RE: 174. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 16/9/2012 4:09:42 PM   
scarface666brooksy!!

Haven't seen Nightmare in years but I remember loving it and I wasn't a fan of Primer but I admired the ideas it had. Needs a re-watch.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 703
RE: 174. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 16/9/2012 5:15:02 PM   
Rebel scum

I thought Primer was pretty good, it deserved to go further in the HoF than it did.

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

Post #: 704
RE: 174. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 16/9/2012 5:16:21 PM   
Rhubarb

I think I said before, Primer is like watching a forigen language film with the subtitles off. You spent the entire film basically aware that you have no idea what is going on. Nightmare is amazing, with Burton, Selick and Elfman all at the peak of their powers. I had no idea you liked Avatar so much. The thing that strikes me about it is that its fine, but I felt more joy and glee walking in the snow on the way home than I did in the movie.

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

Post #: 705
RE: 174. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 16/9/2012 5:26:33 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

I had no idea you liked Avatar so much. The thing that strikes me about it is that its fine, but I felt more joy and glee walking in the snow on the way home than I did in the movie.

Yeah at the cinema it didn't grab me as much as when I watched it at home last year. Then it shot up.

But yes, that snow was great. Less fun to drive in, though. I drove off thinking, well, this is fiiiiiiohhhhhhshit, as I involuntarily swerved towards one of TRM's neighbour's houses...

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Rhubarb)
Post #: 706
RE: 176. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 16/9/2012 5:29:11 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

I am big on aesthetic beauty. If a film looks great, I can forgive a lot.

Same here. My favourite directors tend to be ones with a distinctive visual style, like Gilliam or Burton, so yeah great visuals carry a lot of weight for me. That's also why I tend to give Zack Snyder's films an easier time than some might because visually they're brilliantly realised despite some major flaws in plotting, characterisation and dialogue.

Anyway, Avatar. Easily a 4 star film for me and the first Bluray I bought. I can take or leave the Extended cut though.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 707
RE: 176. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 16/9/2012 5:37:24 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

I am big on aesthetic beauty. If a film looks great, I can forgive a lot.

Same here. My favourite directors tend to be ones with a distinctive visual style, like Gilliam or Burton, so yeah great visuals carry a lot of weight for me. That's also why I tend to give Zack Snyder's films an easier time than some might because visually they're brilliantly realised despite some major flaws in plotting, characterisation and dialogue.

Anyway, Avatar. Easily a 4 star film for me and the first Bluray I bought. I can take or leave the Extended cut though.

I still defend Sucker Punch.

In fact, I've kinda liked all of Snyder's films, except Watchmen, which I possibly watched too soon after reading the source comic for the first time. I should learn that that is never a good idea. When I was a teenager, I did it with Christine (fnarr) - read the book and immediately watched the film. I kept thinking, "well, that's wrong, that's two characters rolled into one, where's THAT bit?!" etc. I'll possibly give Watchmen another go sometime.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 708
RE: 176. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 17/9/2012 12:05:32 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Nightmare's brilliant. I remember, not long after seeing Primer, I had a eureka moment and knew everything that had gone on in the film, then woke up the next day and it was all a muddle again Great film.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

Post #: 709
RE: 176. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 17/9/2012 12:10:22 AM   
rawlinson

Nightmare is superb. I like Primer a lot.

Post #: 710
RE: 176. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 17/9/2012 1:21:28 AM   
Pigeon Army

I should be proofreading my essay due at 4pm but instead I am reading your thread and liking your list. It is a good list and there is good writing. Good job son. Here are my thoughts on everything so far because I know you want to hear them.

THE GOOD
299. The Sting - Love the shit out of it. Newman and Redford were rarely more charismatic, and the con itself is the Granddaddy of these things.
298. Thelma & Louise - It's pretty good. I used to love it but every time I think about it it drops in my estimation.
294. The White Ribbon - The film that made me think this Haneke guy was actually on to something after seeing and really not liking The Piano Teacher in first year. Of course, now I've seen Amour, which is totally humanist and a stark contrast to this, and I think he's a genius. But there's a chilly beauty to The White Ribbon that makes it great, you are defo right on that.
283. Pan's Labyrinth - Well, duh.
280. South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut - A bit dated (the climax of the Cartman V-chip subplot screams 1999 South Park, for example) but still a cracking musical comedy.
279. Shaun of the Dead - Well, duh.
278. Serenity - I loaned my DVD copy of it to someone. I never got it back. I can't remember who I loaned it to.
275. Kiki's Delivery Service - My least favourite Miyazaki, but it's alright, yeah.
273. Zodiac - Not as good as Memories of Murder, but still rules.
271. The Incredibles - The film I have used the most in the tutorials I teach for my university's 100-level Introduction to Film Studies paper. So, so, so good.
270. Videodrome - I didn't know what the fuck, but I loved most every minute of it.
267. My Neighbour Totoro - Fourteen year old me hated this. Fourteen year old me was an idiot.
266. In The Loop - Still haven't seen The Thick of It.
265. Ghostbusters - Pretty good yeah.
264. Up - One of Pixar's greatest. Dat opening sequence
261. This is Spinal Tap - Need to rewatch this.
257. Scott Pilgrim - I find it interesting that you'd say "you'd struggle to find a romcom that has a better central couple out there", because I think the film's open about the serious issues they both have and that they're not exactly likable as a result - I totally think the film is all about Knives. Also because in saying this you clearly haven't seen His Girl Friday. Love it though.
255. Galaxy Quest - Rules.
252. The Iron Giant - Need to rewatch this.
248. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - So beautiful. Lust, Caution is better tho.
246. Winter's Bone - I like the muted cinematography and John Hawkes rules, but gotta disagree with Lawrence's performance being blistering for reasons I think I've outlined before on this board.
245. Goldeneye - Tank through Russian statues, booyah.
243. The Prestige - Fuck the haters, film owns.
238. Being John Malkovich - Clever and hilarious and surprisingly tragic towards the end.
237. Spring, Summer... - My second favourite Kim Ki-duk film. A tranquil, poetic, deeply spiritual masterpiece.
235. Pulp Fiction - My second-favourite Tarantino. Sharp as fuck.
233. Infernal Affairs - I better not fucking see The Departed in this list.
232. Nausicaa - P cool yeah.
231. Badlands - My favourite Malick. Elevates what would in any other director's hands be pulp storytelling to something approaching a religious text.
230. Finding Nemo - Every Pixar film is on this list except A Bug's Life, isn't it?
228. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - Correction - every animated film made in the last twenty years is on this list except A Bug's Life, isn't it?
227. Akira - A sprawling, hyper-dramatic, grotesquely dystopic piece of excellence.
225. Face/Off - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ce557hlgEM
222. The Birds - Pretty good yeah. One of my least favourite Hitchcocks though.
221. Battle Royale - Well, duh.
216. Moulin Rouge! - Brilliant.
214. Robocop - Brutal, acerbic, a satire that's still intensely relevant and intensely entertaining.
213. Magnolia - It's a close-run thing, but this is my favourite PTA film and a bona-fide masterpiece.
210. Children of Men - Still Dre.
209. Ponyo - She's a little fish with a round tummy. Munch munch kiss hug.
207. Back to the Future Part II - I love the part where they make up a guy to look like Crispin Glover and Glover successfully sued them for appropriating his likeness without his permission.
206. The Muppets Christmas Carol - The best Muppets film.
205. Moon - Rockwell is sensational and the art design is striking as hell.
202. Manhattan - My favourite Allen. But then that's not saying much because I've disliked most of the films he's made that I have seen (I haven't seen a lot of his films).
199. LA Confidential - is a fucking masterpiece, why is this not higher?
198. The Great Escape - One of the greatest of the WW2 films. Donald Pleasance is ridiculous good. Also it is not "too long" or filled with "boring bits", and I hardly think 'men breaking out of a POW camp SPOILERS but they almost all get killed during the escape END SPOILERS is 'blokey' in the same way that "GIANT FUCKING ROBOTS GIANT FUCKING EXPLOSIONS WHO NEEDS CHARACTERS AND PLOT WE GOT MEGAN FOX'S ARSE AND GIANT FUCKING ROBOTS" is. Rawlinson.
196. The Limey - One of Stamp's greatest performances in a career full of great performances. Such a strong thriller about how we deal with the world when we become redundant to it.
192. Memento - Jonathan Rosenbaum has an interesting view of Memento in that people love it for the puzzle and that there's nothing human underneath. It's interesting in the sense that he's so fucking wrong I can't believe it, because the film uses the puzzle as a way of slowly unravelling a man's grief and shocking the audience with the lengths he'll go to absolve himself of responsibility in the actions that led to that grief. It's very much human. It's also brill.
190. The Blair Witch Project - So fucking scary.
183. Ran - Well, duh.
178. Heavenly Creatures - God Peter Jackson made some great films didn't he?
175. The Nightmare Before Christmas - Yeah it's alright I guess
174. Primer - Really ugly cinematography but damn it's clever.

THE BAD
274. Forrest Gump - Tory.
272. Requiem for a Dream - I used to love this. When I was 18 and thought Steadicam close-ups were mindblowing. I saw it again the other week and fuck it just drowns all the emotion in FILMMAKING.
215. Halloween - Yeah...naaaah.
189. Dogma - And you had such a good run there too. Someone on this forum described as two hours of people talking at each other. I tend to agree. I'd also add that its observations about religion are facile and wouldn't be out of place in a 100-level philosophy class, everything that could be said in 2 words is said in 10, the direction is flaccid, and Linda Fiorentino gives such a fucking lifeless performance I wouldn't even be able to fit criticisms of most everyone else in it (Lee, Rickman and Damon get free passes because they're good).
181. Grindhouse - Law of averages says this is bad.
176. Avatar - hahaha you arsehole

THE UGLY
290. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - I wasn't sure where to put this, but I've definitely cooled on it since I saw it, a cooling facilitated by my viewing of the Fincher one. Both fall into the trap of thinking a lurid rape-empowerment fantasy makes it feminist, which really rubs me the wrong way. It's a solid, but unremarkable and meandering, potboiler, though - at least the Fincher version had the Bond-meets-Cunningham opening sequence and Enya.
250. Dirty Harry - Tory.

THE WEIRD
286. Cars - By weird I mean 'this is an odd film for a top 300'. Also fuck you A Bug's Life has Kevin Spacey and that awesome climax with the fake bird.
277. Lilo & Stitch - What are you, 12?
263. Star Trek - Um, ok. Nerd.
187. Heat - I didn't know where else to put this, because I like it but it never really set my life on fire or anything, but the love for it baffles me. What do people see in it? Mann's made far more interesting visual experiments (Manhunter), far tighter narratives (Thief), and films that have been far more cohesive and interesting in unifying those two elements of Mann's filmmaking (The Insider, Collateral). Heat just wanders, and while De Niro is great, there's nothing particularly epic about it. I do like the way Mann works with architecture, though.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 711
RE: 176. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 17/9/2012 1:32:03 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

266. In The Loop - Still haven't seen The Thick of It.

You need to get on top of that shit pronto, bro.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 17/9/2012 1:34:06 AM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 712
RE: 176. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 17/9/2012 9:38:43 AM   
matty_b

quote:

Requiem for a Dream - I used to love this. When I was 18 and thought Steadicam close-ups were mindblowing. I saw it again the other week and fuck it just drowns all the emotion in FILMMAKING

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 713
RE: 176. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 17/9/2012 10:03:51 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

198. The Great Escape - One of the greatest of the WW2 films. Donald Pleasance is ridiculous good. Also it is not "too long" or filled with "boring bits", and I hardly think 'men breaking out of a POW camp SPOILERS but they almost all get killed during the escape END SPOILERS is 'blokey' in the same way that "GIANT FUCKING ROBOTS GIANT FUCKING EXPLOSIONS WHO NEEDS CHARACTERS AND PLOT WE GOT MEGAN FOX'S ARSE AND GIANT FUCKING ROBOTS" is. Rawlinson.

How did I get a mention?

Post #: 714
RE: 176. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 17/9/2012 12:39:48 PM   
shool

Yay. I still love Avatar.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 715
RE: 176. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 17/9/2012 1:06:58 PM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

How did I get a mention?

I didn't just read the reviews. I also read the arguments. Like the one with the guy whose name was rawlinson saying that The Great Escape was a blokey dad film in the same way Transformers would be in twenty years time. If you're that guy named rawlinson, I apologise for how wrong you are.

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 716
RE: 176. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 17/9/2012 1:13:46 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Nothing like a bit of procrastination...!

quote:

230. Finding Nemo - Every Pixar film is on this list except A Bug's Life, isn't it?

Pretty much.

THE WEIRD
286. Cars - By weird I mean 'this is an odd film for a top 300'. Also fuck you A Bug's Life has Kevin Spacey and that awesome climax with the fake bird.
277. Lilo & Stitch - What are you, 12? Something about finding Iron Man scary.
263. Star Trek - Um, ok. Nerd.

Yeah, A Bug's Life isn't that great.

Antz was better.

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 717
RE: 176. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 17/9/2012 1:30:49 PM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

Yeah, A Bug's Life isn't that great.

Antz was better.

You need help.

quote:

quote:

quote:

No.

Post #: 718
RE: 176. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 17/9/2012 1:45:58 PM   
directorscut

If you have to be 12 to think Lilo and Stitch is great then I don't want to hit puberty.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 719
RE: 176. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. - 17/9/2012 1:46:03 PM   
Olaf

quote:

271. The Incredibles - The film I have used the most in the tutorials I teach for my university's 100-level Introduction to Film Studies paper. So, so, so good.

mfw

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

Post #: 720
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 23 [24] 25   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: 176. Homer's ALL NEW Top 300 Films. Page: <<   < prev  21 22 23 [24] 25   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI