Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Hall of Fame 14: Winner

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> The Hall Of Fame >> Hall of Fame 14: Winner Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hall of Fame 14: Winner - 22/4/2012 3:25:19 PM   
rawlinson

An excellent film, really deserving. Congrats to MovieAddict, sorry to the rest of you, and thanks everyone for taking part. We'll be starting the noir round as soon as we can.
Post #: 1
RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner - 22/4/2012 3:28:52 PM   
elab49

Congrats to Movieaddict. 

I checked the Hof List to see where I'd rank this - I think the films are out of order? I can't remember if Apartment was Hof 2 or 3, but I'm pretty sure Chinatown was Hof 1 (and, I seem to recall, up against Seven Samurai and a Welles - maybe Kane?)

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 2
RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner - 22/4/2012 3:39:15 PM   
MonsterCat

Good pick.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 3
RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner - 22/4/2012 3:40:02 PM   
MovieAddict247

Yay!!!

I really enjoyed taking part - some of the films were fantastic, and even the ones that weren't, I did enjoy watching (it's great seeing a film I'd never have chosen to watch - let alone heard of in many cases - I feel more cultured!).

VOTE NOW for your favourite vocalist - Empire's Favourite Voices

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 4
RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner - 22/4/2012 3:45:50 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Congrats to Movieaddict. 

I checked the Hof List to see where I'd rank this - I think the films are out of order? I can't remember if Apartment was Hof 2 or 3, but I'm pretty sure Chinatown was Hof 1 (and, I seem to recall, up against Seven Samurai and a Welles - maybe Kane?)

It might help you (or drive you nuts) to know that Eureka was in second place, and only 2 points behind.

And yeah, it should be Chinatown - Apartment - Sunrise - Rear Window, but when you scroll down the thread, they are in order for the rest of it, it's just that first post is out of order.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 5
RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner - 22/4/2012 3:46:27 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: MovieAddict247

Yay!!!

I really enjoyed taking part - some of the films were fantastic, and even the ones that weren't, I did enjoy watching (it's great seeing a film I'd never have chosen to watch - let alone heard of in many cases - I feel more cultured!).

If you feel like taking part again, we're going to be asking people to sign up for round 15 once we have the noir round up and running.

(in reply to MovieAddict247)
Post #: 6
RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner - 22/4/2012 3:53:56 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

Congrats to Movieaddict. 

It might help you (or drive you nuts) to know that Eureka was in second place, and only 2 points behind.

Why would you do that? Why??!

Assassination was, sadly, my bottom choice. I'm really pleased Eureka was so well received, though. And if the Brit list is re-run I'm looking forward to bumps for Tunes of Glory, The Shout and Fallen Idol.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 7
RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner - 22/4/2012 3:57:14 PM   
matty_b

Great choice for a winner.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 8
RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner - 22/4/2012 3:57:25 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

quote:

quote:

Congrats to Movieaddict. 

Either

1. I'm nice, and I was reassuring you that Eureka was well received after everyone dreading watching it. And the fact that it was that close to the win would be comforting.

2. I'm just evil.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 9
RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner - 22/4/2012 3:59:18 PM   
elab49

Or even both 

It is nice especially given, as you say, the jokes up front about the length and the fact everyone seemed to leave it to last.

quote:

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 10
RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner - 22/4/2012 4:00:36 PM   
MovieAddict247

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: MovieAddict247

Yay!!!

If you feel like taking part again, we're going to be asking people to sign up for round 15 once we have the noir round up and running.

I'd love to - I'll do my best to pick something less....whorey (is that a word?)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Congrats to Movieaddict.

Assassination was, sadly, my bottom choice. I'm really pleased Eureka was so well received, though. And if the Brit list is re-run I'm looking forward to bumps for Tunes of Glory, The Shout and Fallen Idol.

Opposite for me - Eureka was my bottom choice. It's odd, cos they're relatively similar films - beautiful, quiet, subtle and really long.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 11
RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner - 22/4/2012 4:02:05 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

Or even both 

It is nice especially given, as you say, the jokes up front about the length and the fact everyone seemed to leave it to last.

I've been there, Long Distance Runner was about 4 points behind M. Could have killed TRM.

quote:

I'd love to - I'll do my best to pick something less....whorey (is that a word?)

It is. It describes any winning HoF nomination.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 12
RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner - 22/4/2012 4:05:58 PM   
MovieAddict247

quote:

quote:

It is. It describes any winning HoF nomination.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 13
RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner - 22/4/2012 4:18:02 PM   
elab49

quote:

quote:

Or even both 

I've been there, Long Distance Runner was about 4 points behind M. Could have killed TRM.

Yikes, that was a difficult one. I'm afraid I'd have thrown my points at TRM, though.

quote:

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 14
RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner - 22/4/2012 4:29:36 PM   
Rebenectomy

Well done Movie Addict, even if I did place the film last in my final round vote.

Also, the HOF thread is now all tidied and up to date.

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 15
RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner - 22/4/2012 6:31:48 PM   
impqueen

Well done Movie Addict.

Yes, always.

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 16
RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner - 22/4/2012 7:30:07 PM   
nomimalone

Well done Movie Addict. I honestly didn't think TAOJJBTCRF would win (probably because I found it beautiful, but tedious.)

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 17
RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner - 22/4/2012 11:52:11 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

I think this was the third best film for me in the round, but still a worthy winner.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to nomimalone)
Post #: 18
RE: Hall of Fame 14: Winner - 7/5/2012 9:47:02 AM   
Professor Moriarty

I really didn't get chance to check out many of the movies from this round. I'm looking forward to watching Eureka.

Congrats to the winner. I've only seen the film once, so it might be time for me to give it a re-watch and see if my feeling on the film has changed.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> The Hall Of Fame >> Hall of Fame 14: Winner Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI