Jennifer's Body (2009)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Jennifer's Body (2009) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jennifer's Body (2009) - 20/4/2012 5:40:55 AM   
Phubbs

Black horror comedy for teens starring Megan Fox? indeed. Ooook first problem here is the fact this film is rated R, so teens can't see it, at least young teens who lust after celebs like this and adults will find this complete and utter poo soooooo......

Plot is utterly utterly inept and simply revolves around a rock band sacrificing a vacuous Fox to the devil so they can become rich n famous, yes that's what I just typed...believe it. Turns out Fox isn't a virgin (ahem) so when the guys kill her she somehow becomes possessed by a demon (why?) who just happens to need flesh and blood to survive, dumb teen flesh and blood, not adults just teens, cue the 'horror'.

It ain't scary and it ain't funny, its just laaaaaame lame lame with Fox being really annoying because the film is clearly made to advertise her as the sexiest female around, she ain't. Acting is poor, effects are minimal and poor, you don't actually see anything gory and its completely pointless. Fox looks no where near as hot as in 'Transformers' because she isn't covered in a thick layer of orange tan makeup, so instead she looks normal, ergo not as hot as we all thought.

Can't see anyone liking this unless your a male under the age of 15 and that's only because there is some weak ass 'seduction' scenes and a tiny bit of lesbian kissing.

< Message edited by Phubbs -- 21/4/2012 7:09:33 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Jennifer's Body - 20/4/2012 9:13:12 AM   
Russ Whitfield

Maybe it just annoyed you because you think she isn't the sexiest female around and the film plays up to her sexuality?

I thought it was OK - not great, but OK. Megan Fox seemed to take a lot a vitriol for this movie "She's incredibly hot and was in Transformers. How dare she make another film that she acts in!"

Megan Fox Is Not A Great Actress Shock screamed the headlines.

Its a functional movie, has a few laughs (or wry smiles at least) and wasn't bad - I've only watched it once, but can't yet bring myself to take my copy down to CEX - its in the "just in case I want to watch it again" pile.

www.soldiergirlsmovie.com/
www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 2
RE: Jennifer's Body - 20/4/2012 11:36:34 PM   
Phubbs

You don't have to agree with me, I just don't think it was even a 'functional' film, it was hardly funny or scary, failed on both of its points. Overall it just didn't even seem worth the time and money, instead of girl who changes into a flesh eating demon (could of been kick ass) she merely has side effects from it, so she gets killed but survives (somehow) only to have demon issues, you don't even see anything demonic-ish apart from her mouth being a bit icky.

(in reply to Russ Whitfield)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Jennifer's Body (2009) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI