Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Six heroes....one mission... WIN A LOT FOF MONEY AND BE SOO MUCH FUN!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Six heroes....one mission... WIN A LOT FOF MONEY AND BE SOO MUCH FUN! Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Six heroes....one mission... WIN A LOT FOF MONEY AND BE... - 11/4/2013 10:18:24 PM   
Ralph25

This film was expected since 2008 with the movie Hulk (movie more or less), since Marvel has promised the film "THE AVENGERS", the famous group of super heroes (basically, the Justice League Marvel). Then came the movies Iron Man (2008-Great), Iron Man 2 (2009-Good) Thor (2010-Good) Captain America (2011-Very Good), and finally in 2012 came the expected and exceeded all expectations!
A film that brought together four powerful super heroes (and 2 that appeared in the movie Iron Man 2 and Thor), with all the elements of a superhero film. And who directs it all? Joss Weedon, nerd-director, best direction for a superhero film there it's not (except for Nolan, "THE DARK KNIGHT"). He took the heroes and their BDs, took Manhattan (the stage of all superhero movies), and with a little touch of realism and pum ... "THE AVENGERS" born.
Managed to put together a fantastic action, die laughing humor, and even a bit of emotion, and the most impressive are the heroes. All were perfect in their roles, and each had their moment in the film, it didn't had a main character, all leading heroes in the film are- For example, when Iron Man appears it is all about him, when Hulk appears everything it is about him, and that's with all the characters.
But to understand the story better, it's kind of mandatory watch the other films that I mentioned earlier. But you can see the same movie and love it completely.
After THE DARK KNIGHT trilogy, THE AVENGERS is the best superhero film ever made.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 391
Fantastic - 3/8/2013 1:06:35 PM   
Seaan2

I have no idea what else this film could've done to get that last star. I guess films that do well around these times call for a certain "darkness" to them (e.g The Dark Knight trilogy), but a film lacking this is a welcome break, and with such a setup, this technique probably wouldn't have worked as well anyway. For a director to succeed so brilliantly with a film as hard to make as this is a great achievement, and one that deserves FIVE stars.

Post #: 392
Strong 4 stars probably more appropriate than 5, like m... - 11/8/2013 5:03:57 PM   
soggy bottom sam

A strong 4 is where this movie should stand. Not compelling film making by any stretch, but extremely entertaining entertainment. If all superhero movies gave their lives for another one of these, that would just fine with me. Sucks about the awkward "Avengers Assemble" oceanic title...

Post #: 393
Why did you change your review empire? - 31/12/2013 12:33:31 AM   
RLTShirley

just curious as to why Empire has changed this review, i have the original review still in the magazine and it was completley different and 5 stars. im not complaining i thought the film was shit but just thought it was wierd

Post #: 394
re: whatever i said a minute ago - 31/12/2013 12:36:18 AM   
RLTShirley

i say 'shit' i enjoyed it i just thought it was shit and ridiculous

Post #: 395
Superb Entertainment - 17/4/2014 1:26:08 PM   
Hillsman

This is an action fantasy film with everything - top cast, great acting & chemistry, clever & witty dialogue, some great nods to the comic, outstanding action scenes and all managed quite superbly by Joss Whedon. Every major character has their moments on-screen (with Thor being my personal favourite) - you really couldn't ask for much more in the areas of fun and entertainment. To compare it to the ludicrous DKR is a joke (coming from someone who counts Dark Knight and Batman Begins among his top, top movies) - Avengers will certainly be in my Top 5 for the 301 vote.

Post #: 396
- 24/4/2014 9:39:38 PM   
livapr99

I have one word to describe this film- well, actually it's an abbreviation: Be-awesome (beyond awesome- courtesy of Rhino from Bolt)! It's amazing in every way. From the sets to the costumes to the acting to the gags...everything's perfect! Really wonderful and I look forward to future Marvel films.

Post #: 397
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Six heroes....one mission... WIN A LOT FOF MONEY AND BE SOO MUCH FUN! Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI