Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Battle: Los Angeles sequel...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Battle: Los Angeles sequel... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Battle: Los Angeles sequel... - 19/4/2012 11:20:46 AM   
Emyr Thy King

A script is being written according to an interview with the director Jonathan Liebesman on Collider.com:

Interview

quote:

ďWeíve just started the script now, so thatís where we are. We have just begun the script. Just because I donít want the studio to get pissed at me, Iím not sure what I can and canít say about it. But whatís exciting is it sounds like the budget will be as big. Theyíre really going to make it an event.Ē

I'm sure most couldn't care less and his film output will not titillate all but I quite liked Battle:LA. For those who spit feathers about it, sit down, relax, breathe slowly...then lay back and put that flannel on your forehead . The only flaws in the film were the script and the over-exaggerated camera work. Things that can be worked on for a prospective sequel. It's interesting that Sony hasn't yet taken down the reportthreats.org and unidentifiedenemy.co.uk viral sites. I certainly hope not for the latter as it's useful for my model work! Interesting nonetheless. Of course at this juncture it doesn't mean the sequel will be given the go-ahead and if they want Liebesman for the director's chair. They'll have to wait until he's finished his TMNT film. I think they can certainly show an expanded war and of course one that's focused elsewhere in the world. Perhaps in Europe. I think the film grossed $200 million worldwide and the original title was "World Invasion - ...", so with a greater worldwide perspective (I'm sure the American audience won't mind) there's definitely scope to do more, so who knows? I thought the aliens and their technology were fascinating, original and stood on their own. That's thanks to the British conceptual artist Paul Gerrard who really came up with some (good) bizarre and experimental conceptual stuff.

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Battle: UK/London... (just inform the writers we have no Fleet Air Arm and no aircraft carriers).

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 19/4/2012 11:30:51 AM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self
Post #: 1
RE: Battle: Los Angeles sequel... - 20/4/2012 3:49:55 PM   
King of Kafiristan

I actually enjoyed BATTLE: L.A.

I found it to be flawed, but in general it worked for me.

I don't think a sequel makes any sense though. The entire point of BATTLE: L.A. is that humanity is getting it's teeth kicked in, but united by ideals such as honor and duty, humans manage to pick themselves up off the ground and continue the fight against all odds.

We don't actually need to go see where they fight next though. That just misses the point entirely.

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 2
RE: Battle: Los Angeles sequel... - 20/4/2012 4:05:47 PM   
Russ Whitfield

I loved the first movie.

It'd be awesome if there was a Battle: UK. I read once that Edgar Wright said that Shaun of the Dead was what was happening in London whilst Ving Rhames and co were holing up in the Shopping Mall in the US...

I'd love to see a UK take on the Alien Invasion - Maybe its time to write to The Asylum with an outline... I can see it on SyFy as I type...

www.soldiergirlsmovie.com/
www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to King of Kafiristan)
Post #: 3
RE: Battle: Los Angeles sequel... - 20/4/2012 11:44:00 PM   
gunstar

First one was shite. Perhaps the second one will be shite as well? Only time will tell I suppose. But it'll be shite.

'We can take these Deadites! We can take them.....with science."

"We'll get 'em. We'll throw the book at them. Assault and kidnapping. Assault with a gun and a bourbon and a sports car."

"Falcon! Grab my ankles!"

(in reply to Russ Whitfield)
Post #: 4
RE: Battle: Los Angeles sequel... - 21/4/2012 4:02:51 PM   
NCC1701A

I would be up for part 2 really enjoyed the first film.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to gunstar)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Battle: Los Angeles sequel... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI