Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

What Films Should be Adapted into Books?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> What Films Should be Adapted into Books? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What Films Should be Adapted into Books? - 18/4/2012 4:49:45 PM   
The Doberman

YES to novelisations, i think i only ever read the Judge Dredd one. The reason being that I was to young to see it at the Cinema.

I would love to read a book adaptation of Shame, might read like some de sade with inflections of bret easton ellis
Post #: 1
RE: What Films Should be Adapted into Books? - 20/4/2012 1:53:23 PM   
Super Hans

You've got me stumped with that one!  I genuinely can't think of a time when I've watched a non-adaption film and thought to myself, "that's make a great book!".  I'm more likely to read a book then wonder how it would look as a film, rather than yearn to spend far longer reading a story after having watched it.

I remember reading a good article in either Empire or Total Film about movie novelisations, not sure if it exists online anywhere.  Apparently the Alien series ones were actually pretty decent in their own right, and the author was allowed to develop certain things and add to the stories.  In that vein perhaps something like the Terminator series?  However there may well be some Terminator novels out there for all I know, firmly in the geek section!

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to The Doberman)
Post #: 2
RE: What Films Should be Adapted into Books? - 20/4/2012 2:02:57 PM   
Russ Whitfield

Commando.

Can you imagine how many knock-off Matrix adventures there would have been in the 80s - those really cheap books you'd get in Smiths, next to John Gorman's "Gor" books. That would have been ace.

Mad Max - dunno if that was ever novelised.

Escape from New York was though - and was quite an interesting read - superfluous to the movie, but it seemed that Hauk was so keen to send Plissken in to NYC because his son was there. As it turns out in the novel, when Snake escapes from the Chock Full'o Nuts and is pursued by the Crazies - you that bit when he shoots the hand off one... that hand was supposed to have HAUK tattooed on the knuckles.

www.soldiergirlsmovie.com/
www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 3
RE: What Films Should be Adapted into Books? - 20/4/2012 2:05:00 PM   
Russ Whitfield

quote:

ORIGINAL: Super Hans

In that vein perhaps something like the Terminator series?  However there may well be some Terminator novels out there for all I know, firmly in the geek section!

The first two movies were novelised for sure - I had them, but they were pretty poorly written if I recall correctly... but the writer ... the name "Randall" is my mind, I'm sure they're on google though - he had a hard job to tell things from an emotionless cyborg's POV.

Randal Frakes??? I'm resisting the urge to google it.

www.soldiergirlsmovie.com/
www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 4
RE: What Films Should be Adapted into Books? - 9/5/2012 2:22:13 PM   
grucl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Russ Whitfield

quote:

ORIGINAL: Super Hans

In that vein perhaps something like the Terminator series?  However there may well be some Terminator novels out there for all I know, firmly in the geek section!

The first two movies were novelised for sure - I had them, but they were pretty poorly written if I recall correctly... but the writer ... the name "Randall" is my mind, I'm sure they're on google though - he had a hard job to tell things from an emotionless cyborg's POV.

Randal Frakes??? I'm resisting the urge to google it.

Frakes is a good friend of James Cameron.

(in reply to Russ Whitfield)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> What Films Should be Adapted into Books? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI