Rampage the Videogame

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Rampage the Videogame Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rampage the Videogame - 16/4/2012 7:47:15 AM   
Phubbs

http://kotaku.com/5860900/think-rampage-would-make-a-good-monster-movie-so-does-new-line-cinema

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/122/1222053p1.html

Yep that's right folks the great minds in Hollywood actually think this will be a winning idea and do well -_-

Not that I don't have any faith in movies these days () but colour me curious...doesn't anyone in Hollywood ever actually learn anything!? with all the remakes, reboots, re-imaginings and sequel excesses that fail on a regular basis is THIS really gonna make things any better??

Now don't get me wrong I LOVED the game waaaaaaay back in the 80's, any of the Americans here recall 'Showbiz Pizza'?? hehe I used to live in the US when I was 8yrs old and we went there allot, played Rampage tonnes...along with Gauntlet, Spyhunter and Commando, kapow!

As for a film....hmmmmmmmmm I think we all know what's gonna happen here don't we, we can all guess. My guess is a HUGE cgi, explosion filled glossy flick full of pretty young people and probably somehow including alien origins haha. Pretty much 'Battleship' with Godzilla style monsters.

Again, I would like to cast a vote for the 'Evil Dead' approach, a nice dark horror comedy maybe even directed by Raimi himself there is allot of silly gore humour in Rampage, 'Beetlejuice' style.
Lets be honest here if this is all we are gonna get these days, or the majority of what we are gonna get, then lets at least make some stuff for the more mature audiences so it MAY have half a chance of being half decent.

(Speaking of Spyhunter wasn't there a film of that with Dwayne Johnson being made? what happened to that?)

< Message edited by Phubbs -- 16/4/2012 7:50:03 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Rampage the Videogame - 16/4/2012 9:33:21 AM   
Osric

Why do you keep starting new threads for stories empire covered months ago? Do you not google to check?

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=32506

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 2
RE: Rampage the Videogame - 16/4/2012 6:11:48 PM   
Phubbs

Eh...I searched but didn't see that

(in reply to Osric)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Rampage the Videogame Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI