Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: TV advertisements at the cinema

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: TV advertisements at the cinema Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: TV advertisements at the cinema - 17/4/2012 2:32:15 PM   
Discodez

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

I think the worse is when you get something along the lines of...

-TV ads 20 mins
-Cinema 'Odeon' club card or something 1.50 min
- Public appeal from Ewan McG or Simon Pegg telling us how wrong piracy is. (Yes we know, please fuck off so the film can get started!) 2.min
Movie trailers 6 min
-Orange skit. 2.min

Back in the day, you went in, got a "Lets All Go To The Lobby" like ad, movie trailers and then BAM right into the film!

PEA-NUTS!- golden wonder, they're jungle fresh! and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddpwdHwOcfs

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 31
RE: TV advertisements at the cinema - 19/4/2012 6:56:44 PM   
Hood_Man

Personal best, went to see Titanic yesterday and it took 40 minutes from the lights going out to the BBFC logo appearing on screen.

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 32
RE: TV advertisements at the cinema - 22/4/2012 12:01:10 AM   
target

After reading this thread I had the sudden urge to buy some maltesers.

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 33
RE: TV advertisements at the cinema - 28/4/2012 4:20:55 PM   
Myxomatosis

I sit and read the news on my phone until the film trailers start. Sod watching that many adverts!

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 34
RE: TV advertisements at the cinema - 29/4/2012 8:23:27 PM   
Ghidorah

I use my local Showcase Cinema and I hardly ever had problems.

- Middle of nowhere
- Free parking
- Not part of a shopping mall. So there isn't shoppers turning up ten minute into a movie because they were too busy shopping or taking their time in the resturants.
- No allocated seats.
- Good pub across the road and serve good food.

My Showcase hardly show any TV adds. They go straigth into the trailers and use local advert stills while everyone is settling down. The other cinema is Vue, part of a shopping center and is part of the shopping experience. Allocated crap seats, late arrivals(shoppers) getting the back seats, adverts and more adverts. I remember one time there was 15 minutes of TV adverts and only one film trailer.

(in reply to Myxomatosis)
Post #: 35
RE: TV advertisements at the cinema - 12/5/2012 12:17:44 AM   
zappomatic

Saw Beauty and the Beast 3D at Cineworld last night and was quite amazed that the ads and trailers totalled 7 minutes! Caught out quite a few people used to the typical 25 minutes you get at Cineworld.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 36
RE: TV advertisements at the cinema - 12/5/2012 12:23:14 PM   
Dirk Miggler

Adverts are a pain, I still relly enjoy trailers at the cinema though. It used to be that you got a trailer a few months prior to release now its all teasers and something like three full trailers, seems like overkill. I think studios put a bit too much stock in marketing, look at John Carter. Trailer, a good film and strong word of mouth is really all you need.

(in reply to MartinBlank76)
Post #: 37
RE: TV advertisements at the cinema - 12/5/2012 6:14:33 PM   
Ref

The adverts for Avengers Assemble at Cinema De Lux in Leicester was round about 20 minutes, about 3 trailers then the Orange 'switch off you're sodding phone' advert. Did get a tad annoying.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 38
RE: TV advertisements at the cinema - 12/5/2012 6:23:50 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: zappomatic

Saw Beauty and the Beast 3D at Cineworld last night and was quite amazed that the ads and trailers totalled 7 minutes! Caught out quite a few people used to the typical 25 minutes you get at Cineworld.

I tend to find that there are less adverts and trailers in front of kids' films. Maybe they worry about how long children can sit quietly.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to zappomatic)
Post #: 39
RE: TV advertisements at the cinema - 12/5/2012 6:36:33 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ref

The adverts for Avengers Assemble at Cinema De Lux in Leicester was round about 20 minutes, about 3 trailers then the Orange 'switch off you're sodding phone' advert. Did get a tad annoying.

Yeah same here in the local Cineworld. Most infuraiting of all though was the advert that showed clips of the film we were about to fucking watch. We did get a trailer for The Raid though so that went some way towards making up for it.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 40
RE: TV advertisements at the cinema - 12/5/2012 10:36:32 PM   
white mage

I always try to get in early to see a film, but hate sitting through the ads, yes it gives time for any stragglers to come in and find a seat but if I wanted to watch ads, I'd stay at home. But I must admit, the the ads do sound better in surround sound. The cinemas make a packet on tickets and food, should that not be enough 

< Message edited by white mage -- 12/5/2012 10:38:59 PM >

We do not write the songs, we live them

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 41
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: TV advertisements at the cinema Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI