Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

William Boyd Writing Next Bond Novel

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> William Boyd Writing Next Bond Novel Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
William Boyd Writing Next Bond Novel - 12/4/2012 11:30:18 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Classic Bond is Back! - 12/4/2012 11:30:18 PM   
wildgoose7

This is great news! After the monumentally disappointing Deaver book, I am excited to hear 007 will return in capable hands. Sounds like William Boyd has the ability and desire to make his story and characters more Flemingesque (which Amis did brilliantly, Faulks less so) and less "movie-script" which has been the main problem with Gardner, Benson, and Deaver. Looking forward to a real Bond novel!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Classic Bond is Back! - 13/4/2012 6:51:04 AM   
King of Kafiristan

I actually thought Deaver did first rate work. He really managed to capture the feel of Bond as a character, and there were some great moments (such as Bond declining to sleep with his office mate when he realizes she still had feelings for her fiance). I enjoyed it at least as much as the Faulks novel, and I'm sad to hear that Boyd won't be sticking with the new continuity established by Deaver. Bond in the modern day is perhaps more interesting than Bond in 1969. I enjoyed DEVIL MAY CARE, but the way it ended, with the revelation of a female 004, was just too silly for my taste. It was well written but it felt like a send off for the Bond of old. He finally visited Russia, and got to see that life behind the iron curtain was more depressing than scary. The series should move on. I can't pretend I'm not upset with this news.

Oh well, at least we'll be getting more Bond : )

< Message edited by King of Kafiristan -- 13/4/2012 6:55:55 AM >

(in reply to wildgoose7)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> William Boyd Writing Next Bond Novel Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI