Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

First Django Unchained Poster Arrives

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> First Django Unchained Poster Arrives Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
First Django Unchained Poster Arrives - 12/4/2012 8:55:39 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: - 12/4/2012 4:33:35 PM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: shitneck

"This movie is radical. It's like a kid walking into a candy store, to use a trite, overused metaphor. I can't believe it. I just started work this week, and my very first day, I'm looking up, and there's Quentin. I'm in Quentin's world, in his imagination.

“His cinematic acumen is unparalleled, and he's able to draw from all these resources, which are all the movies that have ever been made. He's seen most, if not all of them, and he really is an auteur. He's a savant auteur who is as passionate and as playful as any artist I've ever worked with. His enthusiasm is infectious, and the story is a movie that only Quentin Tarantino could make."

Blimey, will he ever escape QT's arsehole long enough to shoot any scenes at all???

Maybe - now bear with me on this - just maybe he's really passionate about working with Tarantino, and he wants to articulate that passion. Who wouldn't be psyched to get a job like this?
Post #: 2
RE: RE: - 12/4/2012 7:48:28 PM   
shitneck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: shitneck

"This movie is radical. It's like a kid walking into a candy store, to use a trite, overused metaphor. I can't believe it. I just started work this week, and my very first day, I'm looking up, and there's Quentin. I'm in Quentin's world, in his imagination.

“His cinematic acumen is unparalleled, and he's able to draw from all these resources, which are all the movies that have ever been made. He's seen most, if not all of them, and he really is an auteur. He's a savant auteur who is as passionate and as playful as any artist I've ever worked with. His enthusiasm is infectious, and the story is a movie that only Quentin Tarantino could make."

Blimey, will he ever escape QT's arsehole long enough to shoot any scenes at all???

Maybe - now bear with me on this - just maybe he's really passionate about working with Tarantino, and he wants to articulate that passion. Who wouldn't be psyched to get a job like this?

I understand it would be some people's idea of a good gig (but there are also a large number who wouldn't believe it or not) but isn't this taking the bro-mance thing a bit too far? I'm sure he could have made his point far sooner than that, maybe like Travolta, De Nero, Greer, Willis and many many more did.... ;)

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 3
RE: RE: - 13/4/2012 9:09:45 AM   
filmburner30

its very Saul Bass this poster so thats a good start

"Where are you calling from Milo?"
"The bottom of the pool?"

"Im The Anti Christ.You got me in a Vendetta kind of mood"

"Come back Alan , You Wanker!"

"Your a Doctor,Deal with it"

(in reply to shitneck)
Post #: 4
RE: First Django Unchained Poster Arrives - 13/4/2012 3:33:46 PM   
King of Kafiristan

Solid poster. It's eye catching and has a good sense of style. I'm not sure it has a big impact on me, but compared to most posters in this day and age it at least feels like it's got a distinct vision.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> First Django Unchained Poster Arrives Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI