Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Misleading Trailers

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Misleading Trailers Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Misleading Trailers - 14/2/2013 11:04:47 PM   
AxlReznor

I just saw The Kite Runner, and I enjoyed it, but the trailer was definitely misleading.
It makes it look like an epic adventure movie about a rescue mission in Afghanistan, when in reality that bit's over and done with in 20 minutes.

(in reply to SwozTheRevenge)
Post #: 31
RE: Misleading Trailers - 17/2/2013 3:31:11 AM   
england_cmr

Agree with those who said Green Zone, Drive and The Adjustment Bureau! I actually went on to like all of those films but boy, those trailers were barking up the tree.

I thought the trailer for Never Let Me Go made it seem as if it was some cliche romance in the same vein as something like The Notebook. It's actually a dystopian drama about clones, could maybe even said to be sci-fi (albeit perhaps only a 2 on the scale of 1 to Star Wars) There was no indication at all that this was anything more than a romance drama about the troubles of school kids growing up.Turned out to be so much more! Amazing film though, one of my favourites! The book is brilliant also.

Also Looper. Maybe the trailer isn't misleading exactly - maybe it just doesn't reveal a lot of info about the plot. But I thought it would just be a massive chase between JGL and Bruce Willis. That actually only constitutes some of the plot. However, the whole Emily Blunt / farm scenes I found much more interesting, but I understand that that would be difficult to convey in a trailer.

1) Inception
2) Wall - E
3) Beetlejuice
4) Big Fish
5) Terminator 2: Judgement Day
6) Spirited Away
666) Battleship

(in reply to SwozTheRevenge)
Post #: 32
RE: Misleading Trailers - 17/2/2013 9:32:19 AM   
Willy Wood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Biggus

The trailer for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button made it look like a good film.

Must stop you there TCCoBB is an excellent film, I can see why it is not to everyone's tastes but I rank it in my top 10 films of all time.

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 33
RE: Misleading Trailers - 17/2/2013 9:40:33 AM   
Willy Wood

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

Jarhead is a film about American troops in Iraq spending most of their time getting so bored that it's literally driving them insane because there's nothing to do.
The Jarhead trailer makes it look like an action epic.

Yep Jarhead, you have to wonder what the remit was here, let's do a movie about GIs goofing about in Iraq/s Arabia and not really doing a great deal, then make it look like some kind of war action epic.

Personally Inception came across a some kind of Matrix then ended up a flog of a film much to involved with dreams within dreams.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 34
RE: Misleading Trailers - 21/2/2013 1:23:18 PM   
Super Hans

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

I won't say which one I saw in case it is a massive spoiler and a marketing cock-up. If it is, then I'm pissed off I saw it. It was hardly unavoidable.

I only watched The Cabin In The Woods recently, but was quite impressed that, even though when I saw the trailer I thought it gave away a lot, it didn't really scratch the surface or tell you much you wouldn't have garnered from the films opening 5/10 minutes anyway!

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 35
RE: Misleading Trailers - 21/2/2013 3:12:04 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Super Hans

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

I won't say which one I saw in case it is a massive spoiler and a marketing cock-up. If it is, then I'm pissed off I saw it. It was hardly unavoidable.

I only watched The Cabin In The Woods recently, but was quite impressed that, even though when I saw the trailer I thought it gave away a lot, it didn't really scratch the surface or tell you much you wouldn't have garnered from the films opening 5/10 minutes anyway!

Yeah, I realised that when I saw the film almost a year ago

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 36
RE: Misleading Trailers - 25/3/2013 9:03:53 PM   
Ghidorah

The Dark Knight Rises

I'm not sure this count because not everyone read the Knightfall trilogy. There is a line in the thrid trailer 'Why do you run Bane?'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8evyE9TuYk

I was given the impression John Blake becomes the next Batman much sooner then he does and fights Bane.

Post #: 37
RE: Misleading Trailers - 26/3/2013 12:27:16 AM   
BudBaxter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

The Dark Knight Rises

I'm not sure this count because not everyone read the Knightfall trilogy. There is a line in the thrid trailer 'Why do you run Bane?'.

I was given the impression John Blake becomes the next Batman much sooner then he does and fights Bane.

I think you're just reading too much into something that's not there. There's nothing in that trailer that suggest Blake becomes Batman.

The line is "Why do you run? Bane?"

I haven't read Knightfall (I assume you mean the comics) since it was first published. What are you referring to?

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 38
RE: Misleading Trailers - 26/3/2013 12:51:22 AM   
Shifty Bench

I think the line is- 'Why would you run? Bane?'

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to BudBaxter)
Post #: 39
RE: Misleading Trailers - 26/3/2013 11:29:45 AM   
BudBaxter

my mistake. The point was the question is about Bane, not put to Bane.

Post #: 40
RE: Misleading Trailers - 26/3/2013 7:09:59 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: BudBaxter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

The Dark Knight Rises

I think you're just reading too much into something that's not there. There's nothing in that trailer that suggest Blake becomes Batman.

The line is "Why do you run? Bane?"

I haven't read Knightfall (I assume you mean the comics) since it was first published. What are you referring to?

I did say I'm not sure if it would count.

Like you said there too much reading into something that isn't there. Howevers fans such as myself did speculate John Blake would be a copycat Batman during the film. We guessed like in the Knightfall/No Manland comics we would get a copycat Batman when the real Batman was outside of Gotham. That line 'Why would you run? Bane?' for me added to this speculation.

Anyone who isn't sure what Ni

(in reply to BudBaxter)
Post #: 41
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Misleading Trailers Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI