Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Bourne Legacy - 7/4/2012 6:46:17 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 11/8/2012 3:42:03 AM   
jas2012

This seems a bit over zealous, as did your August cover story. The two combined leave a bad, tabloid taste in the mouth. I have been a subscriber for many years, but I think I may have had enough.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Casey's Movie Mania: THE BOURNE LEGACY (2012) - 11/8/2012 6:27:11 PM   
caseymoviemania

RATING: 2.5/5

When director Paul Greengrass and lead actor Matt Damon decided to quit the BOURNE franchise after their back-to-back successful collaboration in 2004's THE BOURNE SUPREMACY and 2007's THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM, Universal is struggling to continue the lucrative franchise with a fourth installment. And instead of replacing new actor to play Jason Bourne, screenwriter or more appropriately, "the narrative architect" of the BOURNE trilogy, Tony Gilroy, comes up with a different idea by introducing new character and creates a spin-off that would somehow ties back to Jason Bourne. I have to admit it's a risky approach to proceed with the fourth installment without Matt Damon as Jason Bourne (unless if you count his "appearance" in the news footage, photographs, and his name being mentioned). But try hard as Tony Gilroy might, THE BOURNE LEGACY is unfortunately a lackluster espionage thriller that doesn't comes close to the sheer urgency of the BOURNE trilogy did successfully before...

Read more at http://caseymoviemania.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-bourne-legacy-2012.html

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> The Bourne Legacy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI