Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Gary Ross Off Hunger Games Sequel?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Gary Ross Off Hunger Games Sequel? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gary Ross Off Hunger Games Sequel? - 6/4/2012 6:40:20 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Martin Scorsese... - 6/4/2012 6:40:20 PM   
Swedle

...would make an epic-EPIC- job of it!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 6/4/2012 6:50:16 PM   
Talnot

It's a real shame when directors who do a good job on the first part of a pre-set trilogy don't stick around. If they do it gives each film a sense of continuity, where they'll all be made to the same values and with the same eye (Lord of the Rings for example) and while it does work with things like Aliens - both Scott and Cameron did superb jobs, that's because they are two separate films using the same principle character.

Post #: 3
- 6/4/2012 6:50:24 PM   
Talnot

It's a real shame when directors who do a good job on the first part of a pre-set trilogy don't stick around. If they do it gives each film a sense of continuity, where they'll all be made to the same values and with the same eye (Lord of the Rings for example) and while it does work with things like Aliens - both Scott and Cameron did superb jobs, that's because they are two separate films using the same principle character.

Post #: 4
RE: Martin Scorsese... - 7/4/2012 12:59:50 AM   
rorschachf4i1

I was telling my friend this the other day. Or Ridley Scott :D

(in reply to Swedle)
Post #: 5
Who to direct? - 7/4/2012 9:19:28 AM   
LeRoi90

I was'nt statisfied with The Hunger Games movie. But that's properly because i read the book before i wen't to see it. But anyway, here are my favorite directors for the job:

Steven Spielberg
Peter Jackson (He's so good with epic stories)
Ridley Scott (Let's hope for more blood this time)

Post #: 6
Who to direct? - 7/4/2012 9:19:38 AM   
LeRoi90

I was'nt statisfied with The Hunger Games movie. But that's properly because i read the book before i wen't to see it. But anyway, here are my favorite directors for the job:

Steven Spielberg

Post #: 7
Who to direct? - 7/4/2012 9:19:54 AM   
LeRoi90

Steven Spielberg

Post #: 8
Who to direct? - 7/4/2012 9:23:52 AM   
LeRoi90

Steven Spielberg

Post #: 9
RE: Who to direct? - 7/4/2012 11:07:08 AM   
Super Hans

quote:

ORIGINAL: LeRoi90

Steven Spielberg

Of course, still needs to be suitable for it's main target audience!

It's a shame Gary Ross isn't stying on - I thought he did a good job but fair play to him, some directors just don't go in for sequels/whole franchises I guess.

Hard to argue with your suggested alternatives, all the usual suspects, respected directors. Depends who's free I guess, can't imagine they'll want to wait long before starting the next one!

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to LeRoi90)
Post #: 10
RE: - 7/4/2012 12:48:46 PM   
John Firth

quote:

ORIGINAL: Talnot

LotR was a little different, in that all three films were filmed in one long shoot.

(in reply to Talnot)
Post #: 11
RE: - 7/4/2012 5:01:32 PM   
King of Kafiristan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Talnot

I wasn't interested in the HUNGER GAMES in the first place, but seeing the way talent gets treated in today's corporate movie sphere always does my head in. This guy just directed a movie, embraced by the fans, that did booku business, and yet he's cast aside for no other reason (one assumes) than his paycheck would have risen were they to bring him back. They know the tweens reading these books don't know or care about the art of film, so they can just plug in whatever music video / commercial director happens to have free time in their schedule without negatively impacting the box office. The HUNGER fans don't care about the talent behind the camera, as long as lip service is paid to the notion that their beloved tome will be treated as holy scripture.

(in reply to Talnot)
Post #: 12
Very sad news. Gary Ross did a superb job. - 8/4/2012 11:24:25 AM   
Concise_Statement

But Alfonso Cuaron is a great director for adding intelligence and maturity. He did fix a lot of the Harry Potter problems so he might actually be someone Lionsgate should pursue.

Post #: 13
Alfonso Cuaron is a great idea :) - 8/4/2012 10:55:46 PM   
loretta27

He did do a great job but Alfonso Cuaron could be a fantastic choice :)

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Gary Ross Off Hunger Games Sequel? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI