Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Cold Light Of Day - 6/4/2012 5:52:04 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
AAAAAAAAAAAAGH !!!! - 6/4/2012 7:15:54 PM   
The kUrGaN

Please do NOT waste your time with this. Bruce Willis is a cameo, Siggourney Weaver really should know better. Some scenes were like a really bad improv on 'Whose Line is it Anway'. The 'script' was written in 5 minutes on a fag packet and the film obviously started shooting on a skeleton of an idea and the rest they made up as they went along. What's in the suitcase? HAHAHAHAHAHA.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Cold light of day - 7/4/2012 7:28:42 PM   
HERMES_67

Dunno what film kurgan was watching but it can't have been the same film as me. Decent action flick. Reasonably well strung together with solid characters. Good effort well worth a watch.

Post #: 3
dull and generic - 11/4/2012 9:47:27 AM   
bretty

Empire gets this right with 2 stars. Far too generic and obvious and offers nothing fresh at all. It also has lots of plot elements that it doesn't bother explaining, why were the local cops in on the conspiracy, what was the deal with the half-sister-Eurototty, what was in the briefcase etc etc. When he is on foot and on the run the Spanish cops are everywhere, when there are shoot outs on the streets, car chases and guys in combat gear charging around - suddenly not a cop to be seen!
It just felt so very lazy and unoriginal.

Post #: 4
a film full of big names with much bigger roles in prod... - 12/4/2012 2:23:57 AM   
chrisharvey1551

this is far from perfect too many un answered questions to make this a much watch. henry cavill does just enough with lead but this is easily just an easy payday for him till man of steel next year, nice touch to add bruce willis in the cast and siggourney weaver looked on autopilot from the word go. all in all empires 2 stars is i feel a bit harsh butunderstandle on the whole

Post #: 5
RE: a film full of big names with much bigger roles in ... - 12/4/2012 7:20:51 PM   
Qwerty Norris

bland (Adjective):

1. Lacking strong features or characteristics and therefore uninteresting.
2. (of food or drink) Mild or insipid.
3. Henry Cavill

1/5

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to chrisharvey1551)
Post #: 6
RE: a film full of big names with much bigger roles in ... - 13/4/2012 10:48:27 AM   
yazoo88

Saw this last night, wasn't expecting a lot yet was still left disapointed. I found the storyline predictable and boring, and also a bit all over the place. It was very unmemorable and I wouldn't reccomend seeing it.

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 7
TERRIBLE!!!!! - 8/10/2012 7:20:49 PM   
chrisdagnall

WATCHED THIS AT WEEKEND....ITS AWFUL....CAVILL IS PAIN WOODEN, AND THW WEAVER/WILLIS PERFORMANCES ARE SO PHONED-IN IT'S UNTRUE.....

Post #: 8
RE: TERRIBLE!!!!! - 25/10/2012 5:03:54 AM   
Phubbs

The Cold Light of Day

Pretty standard affair, pretty standard plot but not quite as bad as many have made it out to be in my humble opinion.

I think one issue here is the fact the cast seem to be daydreaming through the film. Willis just does what he's done for years with that annoying smirk on his face, does he even know he's in a film?. Weaver isn't really the right person for her role as she's clearly too old and hardly menacing, doesn't look capable of shooting people or even running it seems.

The main guy played by Cavill is a big wet let down too really, proves he's no Oscar winning actor by any means. His panicky actions and line spewing is more equivalent of a straight to DVD B-movie action flick, there it would be more acceptable. Everyone else plays standard generic bad guys or shadowy hitmen/special agent types...its all very bland.

The plus points are the action which isn't too bad, the car chases are quite good, looks flashy at night with good lighting. Errr the film title has a nice ring to it, errr kinda funny how everybody is such a crap shot haha and the locations are pretty. Yup that's about it folks.

(in reply to chrisdagnall)
Post #: 9
RE: TERRIBLE!!!!! - 25/10/2012 7:45:22 AM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phubbs

The plus points are the action which isn't too bad, the car chases are quite good, looks flashy at night with good lighting.

You reckon?

From my memory, those chases you speak of take place entirely in the dark - and not in a natural or satisfying way.

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 10
THE WARMED UP LEFTOVERS OF THRILLERS PAST - 5/4/2013 4:26:20 PM   
ROTGUT

Brainlessly entertaining - but the only real reason to watch this is to see Henry Cavill before he suits up for Mr. Snyder this summer. TWO STARS

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> The Cold Light Of Day Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI