Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Off Topic Photo Competition 2012 - Round 2 - *Vote Now* - Pick 3

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: Off Topic Photo Competition 2012 - Round 2 - *Vote Now* - Pick 3 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Off Topic Photo Competition 2012 - Round 2 - *Vote ... - 4/5/2012 12:12:37 PM   
Chief Wiggum

quote:

ORIGINAL: hubu_phonk

Also when's the next one? i may dabble if theres a space. it has made me think about how little photography i've done the past couple of years. I have to sort that out

The next one should go up in the next couple of days, depending on who wins it, and if they've thought of a theme already (this months was up less than a day after the last one finished)

Anyone can enter, and you can use any picture you've taken. full rules are in the link in my signature.

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

(in reply to hubu_phonk)
Post #: 31
RE: Off Topic Photo Competition 2012 - Round 2 - *Vote ... - 4/5/2012 12:21:27 PM   
hubu_phonk

Ah, so the winner picks the next theme that sounds like great craic. I'll keep me eyes peeled

Straight in, no kissing

http://www.last.fm/user/hubuphonk

(in reply to Chief Wiggum)
Post #: 32
RE: Off Topic Photo Competition 2012 - Round 2 - *Vote ... - 4/5/2012 1:04:32 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Cheers for the comments. I'm not big on photography, but I thought that the photo was one of those "of the moment" things. The amount of weaponry inside the den was astonishing, really. They were well stocked in there. You can't actually see, but my daughter is in there too, in the darkness, ninja-style.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to hubu_phonk)
Post #: 33
RE: Off Topic Photo Competition 2012 - Round 2 - *Vote ... - 4/5/2012 1:18:09 PM   
hubu_phonk

^ it's great and in my experience, if you can just react quick enough, children are the best subject to capture. They do some fantastic stuff and are totally un-self concious, which is why any great shot looks so natural and fun

I have an urge to build a den now

Also as a photographer, i suck balls but i do get the occasional great pic, but thats after taking fuck loads of the same subject. Anyone can take a fantastic picture, and use any format. It all adds to the overall feel of a picture. You just have to be in the moment, and if your'e just lucky or use just enough artist sense, you can capture something wonderful. My problem is that i try to compose with my eyes too much, giving a static unemotional look. I gotta loosen up

< Message edited by hubu_phonk -- 4/5/2012 1:23:50 PM >

Straight in, no kissing

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 34
RE: Off Topic Photo Competition 2012 - Round 2 - *Vote ... - 4/5/2012 5:00:47 PM   
Chief Wiggum

Right I've tallied the points up and I make it as follows...

• Home: A Place to Take Shelter / Memories From Childhood by LastMemories - 7
  • Home is where your mind can take you by Homersimpson_esp - 5
  • Green green grass of home...... by Hobbitonlass - 5
  • Home, my own personal museum by Hozay - 4
  • I just want to go home by GingerDaniel - 4
  • Home: A place to Lay my head by Sanchia - 2
  • Relaxing at Home by Chief Wiggum -1

If somebody wants to check the maths that'd be great!

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

(in reply to hubu_phonk)
Post #: 35
RE: Off Topic Photo Competition 2012 - Round 2 - *Vote ... - 4/5/2012 8:21:30 PM   
LastMemories

Wow! Thanks to everyone who voted for me. I certainly didn't expect to come top of this round. There were very strong efforts by all involved.

hubu_phonk, thanks for the feedback, I did actually have another picture in which the sun light was far brighter. Unfortunately, when I got round to putting it on my laptop I discovered that along with the additional sun light it also contained my topless torso - something which removed part of the magic of the moment for me.

If no one objects, the title I'd like to choose for the next theme is: 'Such Great Heights'

Thanks again!

(in reply to Chief Wiggum)
Post #: 36
RE: Off Topic Photo Competition 2012 - Round 2 - *Vote ... - 4/5/2012 11:51:36 PM   
hubu_phonk

quote:

ORIGINAL: LastMemories

Wow! Thanks to everyone who voted for me. I certainly didn't expect to come top of this round. There were very strong efforts by all involved.

hubu_phonk, thanks for the feedback, I did actually have another picture in which the sun light was far brighter. Unfortunately, when I got round to putting it on my laptop I discovered that along with the additional sun light it also contained my topless torso - something which removed part of the magic of the moment for me.

If no one objects, the title I'd like to choose for the next theme is: 'Such Great Heights'

Thanks again!

no worries. congrats on the win and nice theme by the way. i'll have to think about that one!

Straight in, no kissing

(in reply to LastMemories)
Post #: 37
RE: Off Topic Photo Competition 2012 - Round 2 - *Vote ... - 5/5/2012 8:50:40 AM   
hozay

Congrats to LastMemories, a deserved winner with a very nice shot. I agree on the comments on homer's spontaneous shot too, great effort and now you mention it I can just make out the ninja, great pic.

(in reply to hubu_phonk)
Post #: 38
RE: Off Topic Photo Competition 2012 - Round 2 - *Vote ... - 9/5/2012 12:04:50 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: LastMemories

Thanks again!

Congrats LastMemories!!

at the next theme as I spent Sunday up a mountain in Montserrat so will have to see if I have any worthy pics!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to LastMemories)
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: Off Topic Photo Competition 2012 - Round 2 - *Vote Now* - Pick 3 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI