Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 15/4/2012 2:20:15 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

He also did Gods and Monsters.

Yeah, and I thought he was good in The Quiet American too.

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 121
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 15/4/2012 2:20:32 PM   
MonsterCat

And he was good in The Passion of Darkly Noon.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 122
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 15/4/2012 2:24:24 PM   
horribleives

Has anyone mentioned Dolph Lundgren, Stephen Segal, Jean Claude Van Damme or Chuck Norris yet? If so then they deserve mentioning again. Cunts.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 123
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 15/4/2012 2:28:45 PM   
MonsterCat

Steven Seagal bores me. The man is basically a blank.

Action movie heroes like Schwarzenegger and Stallone aren't really known for their acting chops, but at least they have screen presence. Seagal is just... nothing.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 15/4/2012 2:29:14 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 124
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 15/4/2012 3:38:57 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

Has anyone mentioned Dolph Lundgren,

GET. THE. FUCK. OUT!

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

Post #: 125
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 15/4/2012 3:39:06 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Action movie heroes like Schwarzenegger and Stallone aren't really known for their acting chops, but at least they have screen presence. Seagal is just... nothing.

He's a pony tailed twat and Van Damme could knock him out in his sleep!

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 15/4/2012 3:47:57 PM >

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 126
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 15/4/2012 3:45:20 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

Has anyone mentioned Dolph Lundgren, Stephen Segal, Jean Claude Van Damme or Chuck Norris yet? If so then they deserve mentioning again. Cunts.

Dolph and Van Damme I quite like to be honest. And Van Damme is excellent in JCVD -i'm referring to his acting by the way!

As for Chuck and Steve, they're both a couple of twats, esp the former who's a right winged shithead who got his ass whopped silly by Bruce Lee (a legend!)!

Post #: 127
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 15/4/2012 3:48:15 PM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

quote:

His a pony tailed twat and Van Damme could knock him out in his sleep!

With all of this concur I do. Never been much of a Seagal fan myself to be honest.

Art

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 128
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 15/4/2012 5:50:21 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: NinjaShortbread212

quote:

quote:

His a pony tailed twat and Van Damme could knock him out in his sleep!

With all of this concur I do. Never been much of a Seagal fan myself to be honest.

Steven Seagull doesn't even do his own stunts as he's such a fat bastard these days. In fact I heard he doesn't even do any walking either, got a stunt guy for that also. Twat.

(in reply to NinjaShortbread212)
Post #: 129
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 15/4/2012 6:11:03 PM   
Shifty Bench

He hardly even appears in scenes with his co-stars any more. He films his alone while other cast members film with a double. You can see this a lot in his tv show True Justice.

I do like some of his early work, though, some of the violence is mental. Case in point- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_efS4lfhD4 I like the brutality of that for some reason. He can't act to save himself, though.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 130
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 15/4/2012 6:21:36 PM   
sanchia

Apparently he still goes on about how he was screwed over on his divorce from Kelly Le Brock and that was 15 years ago.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 131
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 15/4/2012 6:33:19 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

Apparently he still goes on about how he was screwed over on his divorce from Kelly Le Brock and that was 15 years ago.

Yeah, he's a bit of a dick (if stories about how he treated Le Brock are true) but have you seen this?-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUaesUh-M3Q

Come on!

(just to be clear, here, I am taking the piss and not actually defending Steven Seagal. I do enjoy a couple of his older films but Van Damme is better. Just thought I'd put that out there before anyone thinks I'm being serious )

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 132
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 15/4/2012 6:34:17 PM   
Scott_

quote:

Dolph Lundgren is awesome! I will not hear a bad word spoken of the legend that is Lundgren. Red Scorpion, Showdown in Little Tokyo, Unisol: Regeneration are all awesome films and a few of his more recent straight to DVD efforts are pretty good.

Van Damme has JCVD, Hard Target and Unisol: Regeneration is one of the better action movies of the last couple of years.

I like Seagals early 90's stuff (Out for Justice, Marked for Death are good). I've seen more of his latest efforts than I care to admit but I think he's hilarious so I give him a pass.

So yeah, they all have at least 1 good film. That walking meme Norris can fuck off though.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

Post #: 133
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 15/4/2012 6:39:39 PM   
superdan

Chuck Norris was in Dodgeball. So close, but no cigar.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 134
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 15/4/2012 6:41:02 PM   
Shifty Bench

I think I've seen 3 Chuck Norris films in full- The Delta Force, Delta Force 2 and Hellbound.

The first half of The Delta Force is great. It starts of as a hostage thriller that has some effective moments (a German air hostess being forced to call the names of Jewish passengers so they can get kidnapped) but then just erupts into 80s action movie madness like Chuck on a motorbike that has rockets

And Dolph Lundgren is awesome. I follow him on Facebook and he actually posts himself, it's pretty cool.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 15/4/2012 6:42:18 PM >

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 135
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 15/4/2012 6:44:20 PM   
Scott_

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

And Dolph Lundgren is awesome. I follow him on Facebook and he actually posts himself, it's pretty cool.

That almost makes me want to join Facebook.

I forgot Norris was in Dodgeball, I like that movie but it doesn't count.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Post #: 136
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 15/4/2012 10:04:28 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

Dolph Lundgren is awesome! I will not hear a bad word spoken of the legend that is Lundgren.

I've always liked you, Scott.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 137
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 15/4/2012 10:42:47 PM   
superdan

quote:

Hey, if Sam bloody Worthington gets a pass for Rogue, Norris gets a pass for Dodgeball.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 138
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 15/4/2012 10:45:01 PM   
Shifty Bench

But wasn't Worthington the star of Rogue? At least one of them? Norris has a tiny cameo in Dodgeball, slight difference.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 139
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 15/4/2012 10:46:27 PM   
superdan

quote:

But wasn't Worthington the star of Rogue? At least one of them? Norris has a tiny cameo in Dodgeball, slight difference.

So we are talking about starring roles only? Because that could change the complexion of the whole thread.

Post #: 140
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 15/4/2012 11:04:13 PM   
Shifty Bench

Well, I don't know, I was just saying there is more of a case to give Worthington a pass than Norris. I honestly don't care either way.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 141
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 15/4/2012 11:09:00 PM   
Scott_

I've not read through the thread so I thought we were talking starring roles only. Rogue is good but that had nothing to do with Sam Worthington and his 2 minutes of screentime, same goes for Norris and Dodgeball.

I just came in here to defend Dolph Lundgren to be honest, ignore me.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 142
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 15/4/2012 11:45:50 PM   
Deviation

I think any rational human being knows that Lundgren is a God. It's his work that could have been a teensy bit better.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 143
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 15/4/2012 11:57:48 PM   
horribleives

Actually I forgot about JCVD which I thought was great. Those other three planks can fuck right off though.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 144
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 16/4/2012 12:25:58 AM   
Spaldron

Tiny unspoken cameo parts should not count in this thread therefore Norris is definitely in.

Post #: 145
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 16/4/2012 5:24:12 PM   
AngryDude92

Has Gerard Butler ever been good in anything?

There was once a god who walked the earth, his name was Warren Oates

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 146
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 16/4/2012 6:49:10 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: AngryDude92

He does a good job in How To Train Your Dragon - which is ace.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to AngryDude92)
Post #: 147
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 16/4/2012 7:35:02 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: AngryDude92

He does a good job in How To Train Your Dragon - which is ace.

I thought HTTYD was crap. Butler hasnt really taken off. He was okin 300 but I never fully liked the film. A side note in Reign of Fire too. Since he became "big" the only things i recall him in are a Rom Com with Jennifer Aniston (say no more), Gamer (rubbish) and Law Abiding Citizen (terrible). He is an unlucky guy- doesnt look like he has the star power just yet to pick and choose his roles.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 148
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 16/4/2012 8:02:31 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

That almost makes me want to join Facebook.

Chuck was in Code Of Silence.A very decent 80s actioner.Its his best film by far.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 149
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 16/4/2012 9:00:45 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

As for Chuck and Steve, they're both a couple of twats, esp the former who's a right winged shithead who got his ass whopped silly by Bruce Lee (a legend!)!

To be fair who wouldn't get their ass whooped by Bruce Lee? You say it like Bruce Lee is some kind of pussy! (although do cite him as a legend)

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI