Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 7/4/2012 12:04:10 AM   
Hood_Man

Chaplin was quite good too.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 91
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 7/4/2012 12:23:46 AM   
rawlinson

Downey - Zodiac, Wonder Boys, A Scanner Darkly, Fur, Short Cuts, Bowfinger, Good Night & Good Luck.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 92
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 7/4/2012 12:36:36 AM   
paul_ie86

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

Vince Vaughn

And before you say it, no I don't think Dodgeball is that good.

Into the Wild

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 93
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 7/4/2012 1:18:17 AM   
hozay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: hozay

Brendan Frazer ?
Ashton Kutcher ?
Matthew Perry ?

No way he's great! If you haven't seen Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip, go watch it and that'll change your mind about him. If you have already seen it, there's nothing I can do

To be fair, Hozay didn't say anything bad about Perry. The question is- has he ever been in a good film?

And the answer is Numb (2007).

He was also in The Whole Nine Yards. (it is a good fun flick. It is. The sequel sucks, though) and A Night In The Life Of Jimmy Reardon which some people liked but I've never seen.

Haven't seen Numb and didn't like Nine Yards ( hard to watch without constantly thinking "what's wrong with Bruce Willis, is it Botox, the make-up, is he tripping", he didn't look right ).

Kutcher was OK in Blast From The Past I guess but I can't say it's a Good Movie and I can't stand The Mummy films ( has the guy who played the Mummy been in anything decent? Another candidate ? ).

Sounds like Perry has been in a few popular flicks that I haven't seen so I'll reserve judgement on him for now, until I see a few more of his films.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 94
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 7/4/2012 7:01:44 AM   
Swoz_MK

quote:

Any of the Wayans brothers.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 95
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 7/4/2012 8:40:42 AM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Swoz_MK

quote:

Requiem For A Dream as well.

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 96
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 7/4/2012 9:15:25 AM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

quote:

quote:

I already mentioned both of them and The Last Boy Scout. Nice to see you read the thread, guys....

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 97
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 7/4/2012 9:16:59 AM   
UTB

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I already mentioned both of them and The Last Boy Scout. Nice to see you read the thread, guys....

The Last Boy Scout too.

Post #: 98
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 7/4/2012 9:25:16 AM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Biggus

I like Robert Downey Jr far more than the films he makes. All the ones I've seen are fairly flawed although I've not seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

We are not looking for 'perfect' films, just 'good' ones. Films that are considered to be good can still have a few flaws. Downey has been in a lot of films that fit that criteria

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 99
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 7/4/2012 10:20:07 AM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Biggus

I like Robert Downey Jr far more than the films he makes. All the ones I've seen are fairly flawed although I've not seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

I'm the opposite. I think he's a bit of a douche, but I like a lot of his films (especially Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Zodiac).

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 100
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 7/4/2012 1:40:12 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The Last Boy Scout too.

And I'm Gonna Git You, Sucka.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 101
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 7/4/2012 3:27:57 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The Last Boy Scout too.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 102
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 7/4/2012 3:31:41 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The Last Boy Scout too.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 103
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 7/4/2012 3:34:41 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The Last Boy Scout too.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 104
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 7/4/2012 3:38:51 PM   
directorscut

All those films suck, especially Requiem for a Dream.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 105
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 7/4/2012 3:50:00 PM   
UTB

The Last Boy Scout too.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 106
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 7/4/2012 4:22:13 PM   
Super Hans

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 107
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 7/4/2012 4:28:08 PM   
Shifty Bench

You can all go fuck yourselves.

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 108
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 7/4/2012 4:38:07 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

Post #: 109
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 7/4/2012 4:39:29 PM   
Ref

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

Isn't JCVD meant to be excellent, like really good?

It is, Dev. Watched it one night as nowt was on, and it was surprisingly good.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

Downey - Zodiac, Wonder Boys, A Scanner Darkly, Fur, Short Cuts, Bowfinger, Good Night & Good Luck.

Also I'd add Tropic Thunder - loved that film

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 110
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 7/4/2012 4:40:03 PM   
BudBaxter

quote:

Haven't seen Numb and didn't like Nine Yards ( hard to watch without constantly thinking "what's wrong with Bruce Willis, is it Botox, the make-up, is he tripping", he didn't look right ).

Kutcher was OK in Blast From The Past I guess but I can't say it's a Good Movie and I can't stand The Mummy films ( has the guy who played the Mummy been in anything decent? Another candidate ? ).

Sounds like Perry has been in a few popular flicks that I haven't seen so I'll reserve judgement on him for now, until I see a few more of his films.

I think you may be confusing Ashton Kutcher with Brendan Fraser.

(in reply to hozay)
Post #: 111
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 7/4/2012 4:40:24 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

Indeed - I was amazed anyone would mention his name seriously.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 112
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 7/4/2012 4:44:13 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 113
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 11/4/2012 9:52:55 PM   
OldGrey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

Indeed - I was amazed anyone would mention his name seriously.

Didn't think anyone had

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 114
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 12/4/2012 1:49:57 AM   
hozay

quote:

ORIGINAL: BudBaxter

quote:

I think you may be confusing Ashton Kutcher with Brendan Fraser.

Oh no, how could I get those two mixed up. :)

(in reply to BudBaxter)
Post #: 115
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 12/4/2012 10:18:08 AM   
st3veebee

Taylor Lautner, R-Patz, Ashton Kutcher all seem to fit this bill.

Brendan Frazer? Come on! For The Mummy alone he is great!

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to hozay)
Post #: 116
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 15/4/2012 2:09:10 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

Shia LaBeouf

Thankyou very much.

I hate that fucking numb skull!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 117
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 15/4/2012 2:15:29 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Brendan Frazer ?
Ashton Kutcher ?
Matthew Perry ?

No way he's great! If you haven't seen Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip, go watch it and that'll change your mind about him. If you have already seen it, there's nothing I can do

To be fair, Hozay didn't say anything bad about Perry. The question is- has he ever been in a good film?

He was also in The Whole Nine Yards. (it is a good fun flick. It is. The sequel sucks, though) and A Night In The Life Of Jimmy Reardon which some people liked but I've never seen.

I love Brendan Frazer!

I thought he was hilarious in the Bedazzled remake! His South American drug lord had me in stiches!

Also, 'that Mummy guy' did star in a film of note in my opinion, Hard Target which is a fucking awesome film!

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 15/4/2012 2:18:40 PM >

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to hozay)
Post #: 118
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 15/4/2012 2:16:17 PM   
Deviation

He also did Gods and Monsters.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 119
RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a... - 15/4/2012 2:20:09 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Brendan Frazer ?
Ashton Kutcher ?
Matthew Perry ?

I love Brendan Frazer!

I thought he was hilarious in the Bedazzled remake! His South American drug lord had me in stiches!

This Dudley Do-Right is funny as fuck too - though Alfred Molina slightly steals the show as the hilariously crap baddy.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 15/4/2012 2:22:19 PM >

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Are there any big name actors who have never made a Good movie? Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI