Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Titanic 3D

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Titanic 3D Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Titanic 3D - 12/4/2012 3:23:37 PM   
pablakeman

Titanic Anniversary

Not directly linked to the film, but the above link reminds us why the film is there and that is more to it than a multi-million blockbuster.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
RE: Titanic 3D - 18/4/2012 5:59:13 PM   
Hood_Man

DANNY BOYLE KNOWS THAT MOST GREAT FILMS AREN'T PERFECT! THAT'S WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT EARLIER ON!!!

Ahem, I mean, I really enjoyed it.

On a technical basis the picture quality is superb, one of the clearest, cleanest and sharpest looking films I've seen in my local (brand new and Digital 3D screen) cinema, and the post production 3D is absolutely superb. Every shot has some level of depth, you can tell they spent the full 60 weeks working their magic with this. It may not add to the story but it does add to the beauty of some of the shots (and that shot of Billy Zane firing a bullet into the water and the splash shooting up 20 feet in the air looks terrific).

It looked better than some films that were filmed in native 3D, and if all 3D films could look this good it could revitalise the medium.

As for the film, at over 3 hours it flies by.

Solid 5/5 experience for me!

< Message edited by Hood_Man -- 19/4/2012 12:41:01 AM >

(in reply to pablakeman)
Post #: 32
RE: Titanic 3D - 21/4/2012 3:28:48 PM   
pauljeremiah

Went to see it in 3D. I really enjoyed it.

I found the use of positive 3D really enhanced the look and scope of the film. I know some people were complaining that the 3D was shit because nothing was poking out at the audience (negative 3D) and I think that if the film did use negative 3D it would have made the film feel gimmicky and out of place.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Titanic 3D Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI