Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

First Teaser For The Newsroom

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> First Teaser For The Newsroom Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
First Teaser For The Newsroom - 2/4/2012 11:45:55 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Looks great. - 2/4/2012 11:45:55 AM   
sephiroth7

You're reasoning for why S60 failed is a pile of bollocks. It failed because half of America believe in the likes of Glen Beck and Rush Limbaugh. Voices of reason like Aaron Sorkin are always up against it. Hopefully the fact that his new main character is a republican will help this show.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Well said sephiroth - 2/4/2012 12:23:07 PM   
Timmy_Cole

Studio 60 was superb, but far too intelligent for the Fox News masses (Glen Beck is almost a parody!).

Post #: 3
Looks fun but still... - 2/4/2012 12:39:14 PM   
kisswithatear

You're both forgetting that S60 failed because it was in direct competition with the lighter and more directly satirical 30 Rock. 30 Rock offered better jokes, more vibrant characters and a cast which was easier to like. S60 was filled with unlike-able characters who lacked direction or solid idea of who they actually were. It was a shambles because Sorkin couldn't manoeuvre the story, he had a great beginning but no direction at all.

I hope he has better luck in this environment which seems more suited to his dialogue and agendas. Sure does look fun.

Post #: 4
Looks fun but still... - 2/4/2012 12:39:31 PM   
kisswithatear

You're both forgetting that S60 failed because it was in direct competition with the lighter and more directly satirical 30 Rock. 30 Rock offered better jokes, more vibrant characters and a cast which was easier to like. S60 was filled with unlike-able characters who lacked direction or solid idea of who they actually were. It was a shambles because Sorkin couldn't manoeuvre the story, he had a great beginning but no direction at all.

I hope he has better luck in this environment which seems more suited to his dialogue and agendas. Sure does look fun.

Post #: 5
looks interesting - 2/4/2012 1:29:44 PM   
Tosh

Looking forward to this.

Loved S60 too. I have always said, and so have others here, that it was too clever for American audiences.

Post #: 6
Great stuff - 2/4/2012 9:26:32 PM   
tysmuse

Anything written by Sorkin is never not worth watching. S60 failed because by Sorkin's own admission: he wrote it while he was 'too angry'. Still, even when the man is half as good as he can be, he's still ahead of everyone else.

Post #: 7
Also loved S60... - 3/4/2012 3:55:19 PM   
kickpuncher

...and I didn't find the characters unlikeable, but it wasn't without it's faults, first and perhaps foremost being that the actual sketches were never really that funny or incisive (and I say this as a big fan). This looks more in Sorkin's wheelhouse, and I for one am saying that June can't come fast enough.

Now go outside, turn around three times and spit.

Or curse.

Spit. Curse. Do all of it. Go!

Post #: 8
I love Jeff Daniels. - 5/4/2012 12:17:27 AM   
Concise_Statement

He's always solid and not nearly as famous as he should be.

Post #: 9
For the love of Sorkin. - 10/4/2012 4:17:47 AM   
mightyhypnotoad

If I have to read "it wasn't funny" about S60 one more time I swear I'm gonna have an aneurysm. STUDIO 60 WAS A DRAMA. It was a show about interpersonal relationships in a high stress environment. The meat of the plot every week was the trials and tribulations associated with writing, producing and co-ordinating a weekly live television event. Studio 60 was not a fucking sit-com and should never have been put up against 30 Rock in the scheduling.

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> First Teaser For The Newsroom Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI