Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Exclusive: Ridley Scott On Prometheus

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Ridley Scott On Prometheus Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exclusive: Ridley Scott On Prometheus - 28/3/2012 2:08:32 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
not an idiot but.... - 28/3/2012 2:08:32 PM   
fairplay32

... I'll do everything I can to get the most aggressive film I can." Not an idiot no, but too many can's there. Oh whatever, I CAN'T wait for this film to be in the can, makes me wanna can-can.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
well.... - 28/3/2012 3:25:36 PM   
7eke

......fairplay if you wanna can-can, you can. to be honest i want more can, and if Ridley says he can, i believe he can. i mean he is the man who can

Post #: 3
are you a replican or a replican't? - 28/3/2012 3:46:41 PM   
Dr Science

sorry I'll get my coat

Post #: 4
or maybe... - 28/3/2012 4:24:30 PM   
danyk

he can make an R rated directors cut, final cut, extended cut, unrated cut etc... like Blade Runner

Post #: 5
can... - 28/3/2012 4:35:51 PM   
brent33

...ah forget it.

Post #: 6
can... - 28/3/2012 4:50:14 PM   
brent33

...ah forget it.

Post #: 7
can... - 28/3/2012 4:54:13 PM   
brent33

...ah forget it.

Post #: 8
stoopid web browser - 28/3/2012 4:55:48 PM   
brent33

ruining a distinctly below-par third-tier joke. pfft

Post #: 9
RE: are you a replican or a replican't? - 28/3/2012 5:19:36 PM   
7eke

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dr Science

sorry I'll get my coat

i liked that, you can stay Dr Science :D

I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal. - Ron Burgundy

(in reply to Dr Science)
Post #: 10
NO PG-13 RATING PLEASE!! - 28/3/2012 5:44:29 PM   
criffle

Can't we have a big sci fi movie aimed at adults for once, rather than catering to kids as well. I want to be shocked and horrified, not mildly shocked. If this is a PG-13 then I'll just wait for the DVD. Hollywood sucks these days.

Post #: 11
RE: NO PG-13 RATING PLEASE!! - 28/3/2012 6:34:35 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: criffle

Can't we have a big sci fi movie aimed at adults for once, rather than catering to kids as well. I want to be shocked and horrified, not mildly shocked. If this is a PG-13 then I'll just wait for the DVD. Hollywood sucks these days.

Was the G-rated 2001: A Space Odyssey catering for kids?

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to criffle)
Post #: 12
RE: Exclusive: Ridley Scott On Prometheus - 28/3/2012 6:54:01 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

What is it with you and fucking 2001, dude?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 13
RE: NO PG-13 RATING PLEASE!! - 28/3/2012 7:12:23 PM   
My name is Legion

quote:

quote:

Nope. It also was not a prequel to a film that was essentially a horror film set in space.

Oh, and for anyone hoping this will be "R" rated in its theatrical release, forget it. 100% PG-13.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 14
RE: Exclusive: Ridley Scott On Prometheus - 28/3/2012 8:37:43 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

What is it with you and fucking 2001, dude?

Well it is probably the most adult sci-fi movie ever made and it's G rated, the perfect counterpoint to anyone claiming that a movie has to be R-rated to be adult.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 15
I just lost all hope! - 29/3/2012 12:32:15 AM   
ChicksHands

A five star trailer for no doubt a three star film. That makes a change!

Post #: 16
RE: NO PG-13 RATING PLEASE!! - 29/3/2012 8:44:15 AM   
waltham1979

quote:

The Dark Knight was a PG-13 and their is nothing toned down about the violence in that. Think people have got to get over this idea that just because something isn't R rated its going to be a shit film. If all your interested in is violence and gore their are plenty of films out there for that.

My biggest concern about this film is actually the ideas in the film itself; I am starting to worry this is going to be overly pretencious and turn out like Mission To Mars!!

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to criffle)
Post #: 17
- 29/3/2012 10:12:45 AM   
geiger167

Article is great but why is the empire iPad edition suddenly a fiver and not four quid for this issue,been buying the print issue since the beginning and have tried the ipad edition for a while but hate being conned, disappointed in Empire, will stop buying now :(

Post #: 18
RE: - 29/3/2012 11:25:42 AM   
jobloffski

Via build up and suggestion a lot of terror can be evoked without the need for overt gore. That said, 12A seems a little wrong. But then that also said, TDK raised the bar at 12A for creating fear at what might be about to happen, and we didn't have to see Rachel being blown apart for the unrelenting build up to that explosion to be quite terrfiying, and for the consequences of the event to add melancholy to the rest of the film.

Can such levels of terror be consistently delivered in a 12A Prometheus? Who knows? But the voices in the trailer expressing terror (e.g CUT IT OFF!! CUT IT OFF!!!) seem too strong for 12A, unless the filmmaking compromise is to show the faces of people reacting to such moments rather than show the face of the distressed person in that moment, and create terror through what is implied rather than shown.

Not in love with the idea of a 12A for this film, and if that's the cert, hopefully it'll be a case of how the HELL did they get away with that at 12A?

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 29/3/2012 11:29:13 AM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to geiger167)
Post #: 19
...It's not meant to be for children... - 3/4/2012 5:40:29 PM   
MrHenry

...any good looking film that has obtained a 12a rating is just asking for unexpecting younglings to drag their parents to the cinema to see a film they have little idea about.
As of these ratings, I will give a few examples of my (annoyingly) unforgetable experiences in 12a films that make me want to demand a refund on my ticket:

The Woman In Black:
Although not that scary, I've had to put up with crying toddlers. Although I said it's the kids that want to see these films, in this example it was probably the parents who couldn't be bothered hiring a childminder.

The Hunger Games:
Exactly the same story as with The Woman in Black, however in this case it was probably the childrens' choice to see the film.
(I did however absolutely love this film)

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince:
Cry, cry, cry, moan, cry. I know this film shouldn't be a 15, however a 12a film is demanding younglings below the age of 12 to see a film which has been rated for specifically for those above the age...

If Ridley Scott brands this film a 12a, then he can count me, along with thousands of die hard fans, out of the hype.

Post #: 20
Money and kids fucking ruin some films... - 4/4/2012 2:17:40 PM   
Jack'sSmirkinRevenge

There are some rubbish arguments on here about whether this film should be a 12A/PG13. Yes, just because a film is a 12A doesn't mean it will be rubbish - for example, The Dark Knight. However, this is a film about violent Aliens that have acid for blood and, in numerous previous films, have killed people in disgustingly gory ways. Those people said 'Fuck' a lot too, surprisingly. This film shouldn't be anything less than a 15, because then it wouldn't be a film from the same Alien universe!
And if the film turns out to be genuinely scary, then I don't want to sit in a cinema surrounded by fucking kids who talk/scream/cry all the way through it. I want to see the atmosphere get ramped up to nerve shredding, and Aliens busting out of chests and getting blown to bits, not some watered down bullshit where someone shouts 'shit' occasionally and then the camera cuts away from what they're shouting 'shit' at. The trailer looked great, but I hope Ridders doesn't pussy out here!

Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Ridley Scott On Prometheus Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI