Dirty

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Dirty Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dirty - 3/4/2012 3:28:01 PM   
Enzino

What I'd like to know is why couldn't Perseus have wiped his face on a cloth here and there? And it looks like something is living in his hair! At least give us ladies something to look at!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
RE: normal action - 3/4/2012 6:19:56 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sanya

Don't give woman to review such movies, they just don't get it like we don't get their passion for lame dramas and that's normal

First warning Sanya - rules on sexist posting are in the Empire Online sub-forum. So please keep this drivel off the site.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Sanya)
Post #: 32
Only 2 stars........ C,mon Empire... - 4/4/2012 4:32:43 PM   
Naiilyboy

Only 2 stars, I wasn't a big fan of clash of the titans..... But due to the star rating you have given, I wasnt going to watch wrath, I'm glad I gave it a chance. The film delivers what you expect from a fantasy adventure. I think the Empire reviewer needs watch the movie with a open mind. Much better than immortals..... That nearly bored me to death.

Post #: 33
RE: Only 2 stars........ C,mon Empire... - 4/4/2012 5:21:50 PM   
Dr Lenera

Though certainly not great, I found this is a significant improvement on the dreary first movie, [not to mention the horrid Immortals]. This one seems to remember to actually be fun and, while the script has its problems, the action and effects are pretty spectacular, especially the climactic Kronos scenes which are CGT spectacle at it's very best. Once again though, as with so many films at the moment, it is severly let down by the horrible way in which lots of the action is shot. God forbid we should be able to actually SEE what is going on!

6/10

< Message edited by Dr Lenera -- 4/4/2012 5:38:54 PM >

check out more of my reviews on http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/

(in reply to Naiilyboy)
Post #: 34
RE: Wrath Of The Titans - 4/4/2012 7:00:56 PM   
spamandham

Better than the hunger games.

Post #: 35
RE: Wrath Of The Titans - 5/4/2012 3:45:00 PM   
captainrentboy

I really enjoyed this one. (Thought the first one was a pile of shit)
Some good/great action sequences (Bar the ultra confusing and messy Minotaur fight, I thought Liebesman did a far better job than he did on Battle:LA) , fantastic effects and more screentime for Neeson and Fiennes.
The 3D was non-existant (Getting tired of writing that for every single 3D film released, but as they tend to be the version shoved in the Imax screen, I have to grin and bare it), bar maybe three in your face shots, and the story/acting were below par, as is the case with a lot of these mega budget flicks.
It must've been my lowered expectations or something but I was pretty much entertained all the way through.

Post #: 36
Best Easter film out there - 5/4/2012 4:30:16 PM   
lelandmeeks

Again this is Empire getting it totally WRONG again. A totally entertaining film in every way. The Hunger Games gets 4 stars!? Really? Hunger was more entertaining that Wrath? Honestly? I don't think so.

Post #: 37
RE: Best Easter film out there - 5/4/2012 4:51:53 PM   
Beno

Seen it at Sheffields brand new IMAX in 3D today and thought it very good popcorn stuff. Empire are as wrong about this as they were about the Simpsons movie.

edit: i was, in no way, swayed by the IMAX thingy or the 3D jiggery pokery.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to lelandmeeks)
Post #: 38
RE: Best Easter film out there - 6/4/2012 1:42:34 AM   
flickoftheswitch

Just me or was The Kraken much more threatening and cool with much more suspense leading up to and payoff after we eventually do see him than bloody Cronus??

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 39
ok...ish! - 6/4/2012 9:16:46 AM   
satchwannad

Fun but annoying something was missing,too much by the numbers not enough titans.
Same ending as the first..it is done well and looks really good,i think the cast had so much fun the first time that they thaught it would be cool again but you can see the glint in the eyes say oh bollox this is work.

Post #: 40
- 6/4/2012 6:45:49 PM   
wlucas

Worthington seemed to be channeling Max Ramsey from neighbours and the script was slightly comical at times but my nephew thought it was better than 'That one from the 1900s' he saw a few weeks ago and Neeson and Fiennes looked as though they were enjoying themselves, 3D was'nt worth the extra money though

Post #: 41
God-awful - 7/4/2012 10:07:59 AM   
BatSpider

only went to see this as there seems to be almost zero choice out there. Was expecting bad, and got it in spades.
If this movie was made in the 60s, 70s, or 80s at least there would have been some bizarre Shakespearian monologues, entertaining nonsense about riddles of steel, and almost certainly Persius and Andromeda having a good passionate fuck. The actress was in a skirt and we didn't see even a single shot of her legs. Too much for a 12 rating? Just boring, boring, boring, boring, boring CGI. What a gormless, cynical, talentless bunch of shits in Hollywood these days.

Post #: 42
Good Fun!!!! - 7/4/2012 6:48:18 PM   
Ramone87

Surprisngly enjoyable fantasy romp!!

It starts off simply enough as Perseus has now a son and has become a simple fisherman. But all goes awry when Hades and Ares conspire to imprison Zues and free the Titans. what follows are some splendid action set-pieces, everything from a 3 way cyclops battle, to skirmishes with otherworldy 2 headed beasts to the towering finale with the HUGE Kronos lava creature.

The prodution design and detail in this fantasy world is quite staggering in places, and the 3D has been executed very well in this sequel, so much better than the poor first part. All the leads play thier parts well, particularly Wothington and Neeson having allot more of a sense of duty and character development in thier mission to stop Kronos and the hordes of imaginativly created monsters from taking over the world.

Ok, the comic element of the character Agenor is a bit annoying and others don't get much meaningfull dialogue to chew on, but this is an action fantasy and it delivers in spades!!

Go watch it!!

Post #: 43
Wrath of the Titans Review - 14/4/2012 10:33:04 PM   
the film man

Its 3D effects and action sequences are an improvement over its predecessor's, but in nearly every other respect, Wrath of the Titans fails to improve upon the stilted acting, wooden dialogue, and chaos-driven plot of the franchise's first installment.

Post #: 44
RE: Wrath Of The Titans - 20/6/2012 6:52:58 AM   
Phubbs

Wrath of the Titans

Colour me amazed! what in the name of Greek buggery has happened here?! The first film was a complete and utter abomination which brought shame upon Hollywood, it wasn't good enough to buff the boots of the original. I still don't think anyone knows what Harryhausen thought of it.

So I didn't have high hopes for this sequel, which I think is understandable. But to my amazement this franchise has done a complete U-turn and actually come up with a semi decent film, well at least in looks anyway.

Bottom line this is a monster mash of epic proportions, its takes the concept of the original Harryhausen masterpiece and expands it ten fold with dazzling imagery. This is really what they should have done with the first remake instead of making crap up, but what I really can't get my head around is why this sequel looks SO MUCH BETTER than the first!. The last film had the Kraken which did look damn fine, but even that doesn't come close to anything in this sequel.

All the monsters here look terrific, yes there is a time lapse between films of course but the divide between quality here is huge!!. What can I say about 'Kronos'...a colossus of an effect, eye popping! I haven't been so impressed by a cgi effect since gods knows when, I can't remember. He just looked stunning, stunningly real, as if they actually did awaken a real god from the fiery depths of the underworld, colour me stunned!. The only creature I didn't like was the Minotaur which looked like a naff character from 'Mortal Kombat' ('Motaro' without his horse back end).

To be brutally honest the film is kept alive by the effects, the rest of the film is filled with pitiful acting and some of the most bizarre collection of accents for ancient Greece ever. The hero has an Aussie accent, Bill Nighy for some reason uses a Yorkshire accent (Northern England), how on earth they came to that decision I don't know. Finally you have 'Agenor' who is said to be a thief so of course they give him a London cockney accent! why?? what are they implying?.

Yes the film is basic pantomime but so was the original classic. The cast list isn't quite as impressive as the classic but it suffices and everybody does their bit to try for that grandiose epic taste. The whole film does look really really good with lovely locations, great costumes, beautiful vista's and a solid score.

In short I think they have finally captured the classic fun adventurous look of ancient Greek mythology just as they did all those years ago with classic films like 'Jason and the Argonauts'. Yes this sequel does follow pretty much the same pattern as the first, ending with a big monster to battle in the exact same way with virtually the same outcome, but because it all looks so crisp you really don't mind or notice too much.

This new film gives you exactly what we wanted all along and what the classic did perfectly...well created mythological monsters. For once the cgi does do the trick as it should and could if used properly. Ignore the first film this is what you've been waiting for, hopefully the third will continue the goodness.

Post #: 45
- 22/6/2012 11:14:07 PM   
sweetladybrick

I actually didn't mind the Clash remake- I prefer the original because of its sentimental value to be honest, I grew up watching it. But what in the name of Zeus is going on here? Worthington and Berlanti both went on and on about how bad the previous film was and how much they needed to improve upon it. And then you get Toby Kebbel and Rosamund Pike joining the excellent Fiennes and Neeson and heck, even Danny Huston made it on to the fucking screen this time (having been savagley cut from the previous film despite being sort of integral to the release of the Krakken but, you know, fuck it) and they promised they'd upped their game. I honestly thought the last one was a solid 3 star film,entertaining and fun (I didn't catch it in 3D) and with a great supporting cast (like this one had, potentially) but what we get is a piece of shit video game trailer with embarassed performances from great actors and Sam Worthington just not even bothering to fucking wake up when he's on screen. It's just poor. There's no excuse for how shit this film is. I'm all for a bit of brainless entertainment but come on. Two stars is far too kind. What the hell Total Film was smoking (4 stars?!) when they reviewed it is beyond me. Just utterly terrible. And yet... it really didn't need to be.

Post #: 46
RE: Wrath Of The Titans - 22/11/2012 6:32:35 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: spamandham

Better than the hunger games.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha [Continue]

(in reply to spamandham)
Post #: 47
RE: Wrath Of The Titans - 22/11/2012 9:12:48 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phubbs

but what I really can't get my head around is why this sequel looks SO MUCH BETTER than the first!.

Worthington's curly hair adds at least 70% more comedy value.

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 48
Despair of the Titans - 20/12/2013 10:28:04 AM   
CJacklin98

When I bought this film I thought it would be a pretty good movie. But from near the start it started to go downhill. It didn’t keep to Greek mythology much. To start of with Tartarus was suppose to be a pit inside a god not a prison like structure. Then you have the pitiful amount of gods and titans actually included with names in the film. Personally I count six. Then you have the scenes in the labyrinth. The real problem there was the Minotaur. You would imagine a Minotaur as a bull standing on two legs with two hands and the rest bull. But the Minotaur they had was a disgrace. It wasn’t half human and half bull. It was more like 1/8 bull and 7/8 the blob. Then you have the final battle. To me the final battle had a transformers 2 feel. Multiple humans fighting a hopeless battle against a massive monster they have no chance of beating until the hero arrives and saves them. Then there is Kronos. He is suppose to be the father of the gods and in some respect a child generally has some resemblance to their father. Well if there was any resemblance between a massive lava monster and Liam Neeson someone forgot to point that out to me.

Post #: 49
Despair of the Titans - 20/12/2013 10:28:06 AM   
CJacklin98

When I bought this film I thought it would be a pretty good movie. But from near the start it started to go downhill. It didn’t keep to Greek mythology much. To start of with Tartarus was suppose to be a pit inside a god not a prison like structure. Then you have the pitiful amount of gods and titans actually included with names in the film. Personally I count six. Then you have the scenes in the labyrinth. The real problem there was the Minotaur. You would imagine a Minotaur as a bull standing on two legs with two hands and the rest bull. But the Minotaur they had was a disgrace. It wasn’t half human and half bull. It was more like 1/8 bull and 7/8 the blob. Then you have the final battle. To me the final battle had a transformers 2 feel. Multiple humans fighting a hopeless battle against a massive monster they have no chance of beating until the hero arrives and saves them. Then there is Kronos. He is suppose to be the father of the gods and in some respect a child generally has some resemblance to their father. Well if there was any resemblance between a massive lava monster and Liam Neeson someone forgot to point that out to me.

Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Dirty Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI