Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Wrath Of The Titans

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Wrath Of The Titans Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wrath Of The Titans - 27/3/2012 5:12:10 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 27/3/2012 5:12:10 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Still looking forward to this. Read a few others which basically say the character work is weak but the film's fun. Meh. I enjoyed the last one so if it's more of the same then I'm down with that.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 27/3/2012 5:29:47 PM   
Big Red

All I care about is weather it as enjoyable as the last one?

Post #: 3
- 27/3/2012 8:32:28 PM   
D.J

The first film was a dumb yet entertaining slice of monster fun pie, it wasn't amazing, but i enjoyed it nethertheless. I'm still looking forward to seeing Wrath despite the negative review. Also, although it's unlikely i will get the chance to see it at the cinema, the fact that i'll be getting the 2D version on DVD eventually should mean that i get to see the best of the effects without having to worry about the post-conversion 3D.

Post #: 4
- 28/3/2012 12:43:33 AM   
Ethanial

Aw Helen, I kinda liked this. Far better to the last one, not great, but fun and silly and entertaining in it's short runtime. Silly being important. Hammy as sin too.

Post #: 5
Grrr 3D Conversion Its Criminal! - 29/3/2012 2:47:37 PM   
Bighousewill

Really how many times do I have to say this in a conversion the cgi title sequence and end credits or a cgi bit will be the only 3D bits. I mean it's criminal you can never find the time to watch the 2D version because they are on at inconvenient times so basically they are mugging you or the casual film goer who actually believes he is paying for actual 3D and he will think aah that was shit and not bother next time thus killing the 3D gimmick dead except it wont! I mean all the big companies are guilty of this like Disney with John Carter and then there was Conan and I'm not sure but I think Pirates an adventure with scientist was a conversion I did the glasses on off test and was suspicious. seriously a 3D conversion basically puts the film out of focus and that's why you need the glasses they probably dual layer the image or something. For proper films in 3D see most cgi animated films from recent years like toy story 3 or cloudy with a chance or meatballs or Tangled or monsters vs aliens or despicable me and then there are films like Hugo and Avatar and piranha 3D and....blah blah blah if you already know this you are wise to it but average casual lets go see a movie guy is not wise to it and will go to the cinema probably not been for while and think I haven't seen many 3D films, okay wrath of the titans 3D please....that guy is being robbed.

< Message edited by Bighousewill -- 29/3/2012 3:02:54 PM >

Post #: 6
Bandwagon! - 30/3/2012 12:05:01 AM   
dannyfletch

I can't help but think that Empire are just jumping on the band wagon and have got it in for this francise! Total Film have given it 4 stars and they are usually way more fussy so it can't be that bad. Plus the only real negatives I'm hearing is about character development but apart from that it's supposed to be great fun. I will go and see for myself but have a nice feeling that I will enjoy!

Post #: 7
Enjoyable - 30/3/2012 3:03:57 AM   
J_BUltimatum

Very enjoyable and definetly the best IMAX film out this year (so far)! Very enjoyable set pieces and the film is quick and straight to the point. All in all, it is a very enjoyable movie, A great welcome considering some of the rubbish (Hunger Games and John Carter) which has been out this year so far, and which Empire have rated more highly than this...

Post #: 8
RE: Enjoyable - 30/3/2012 12:54:17 PM   
Jasper_29

This movie was released here at the same day as The Hunger Games.

I picked this.

My bad.

There's really no excuse for charging the audience extra price for 3D when this is all they can come up with. Cool creatures and fights, bad story and terrible acting.

See something else.

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man..."

(in reply to J_BUltimatum)
Post #: 9
RE: Enjoyable - 30/3/2012 3:17:57 PM   
Ghidorah

Worst than clash of the Titans and film could of ended in the first five minutes. Yes that how stupid the film is.

(in reply to Jasper_29)
Post #: 10
RE: Enjoyable - 30/3/2012 3:56:33 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Just a massive jumble of a film the script was here, there & everywhere we are supposed to beleave what he's now what maybe 15 years older still with his bloody Aussie accent in tow the only saving graces were Fienes & Kebble(1 of Britains/worlds more underated Actors).
Stupid question i've always wondered why is Hercules never mentioned?

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 11
Wrath of the Titans Review - 30/3/2012 10:20:40 PM   
the film man

Its 3D effects are an improvement over its predecessor's, but in nearly every other respect, Wrath of the Titans fails to improve upon the stilted acting, wooden dialogue, and chaos-driven plot of the franchise's first installment.

Post #: 12
RE: Wrath of the Titans Review - 31/3/2012 9:32:01 AM   
Dirk Miggler

Like the last one I'll wait until its on Sky and keep my expectations pretty low. I enjoyed Clash of the Titans but not so much I would run to the cinema to see its sequel.

(in reply to the film man)
Post #: 13
Wrath of the review - 31/3/2012 7:17:27 PM   
HERMES_67

So very disappointing. Avoid if possible.

Post #: 14
great entertainment! - 1/4/2012 9:49:29 AM   
dannyfletch

I watched this yesterday in 3D and found myself greatly entertained from start to finish. Okay so it hasn't got the best dialogue or character development but who cares! Some films are allowed to be just plain entertaining without having to have fucking Shakespearian dialogue or deep characters! The action is pretty non-stop and Fiennes and Neeson get some decent screen time together. I will happily purchase on blu-ray and watch again!

Post #: 15
Tot, but enjoyable tot - 1/4/2012 11:01:11 AM   
MusicLovesYou

Empire's review is pretty much bob on - the dialogue is pap, the acting at times is ridiculously hammy (Bill Nighy, I'm talking about you!), but the effects and landscapes are brilliant, rattling things along nicely and **spoiler alert** when two of England's finest, Mr Neeson and Mr Fiennes double-team their big daddy, I almost, almost whooped. I retained my dignity though, and grant Wrath three stars because it's noisy in all the right places, visually stunning and enjoyable on the big screen...even if in reality, it's quite crap.

Post #: 16
normal action - 1/4/2012 2:17:50 PM   
Sanya

Don't give woman to review such movies, they just don't get it like we don't get their passion for lame dramas and that's normal

Post #: 17
Feel The Wrath! - 1/4/2012 8:28:02 PM   
vipey

Utter dross in every department - poorly acted, directed - the 3D is awful - unbelievably badly written - but the worst thing of all is that is it just plain boring. Another example of a modern blockbuster driven by special effects rather than script.

Post #: 18
RE: normal action - 1/4/2012 8:53:57 PM   
BatSpider

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sanya

Don't give woman to review such movies, they just don't get it like we don't get their passion for lame dramas and that's normal

Hey amoeba, that's the boss lady you're talking about with your moronic comment. I like that she sometimes gives modern blockbusters the kick in the nads they deserve.

"Baby, you make me wish I had THREE hands!"

(in reply to Sanya)
Post #: 19
RE: normal action - 1/4/2012 9:05:45 PM   
Sanya

and when was any blockbuster released with such quantity and quality of action, logical script , not bad humour ?

(in reply to BatSpider)
Post #: 20
Appalling - 1/4/2012 9:34:47 PM   
tysmuse

Easily, one of the worst films ever made. Empire have been generous, the action sequences are shit. The whole thing is shit.

Post #: 21
RE: Appalling - 1/4/2012 10:12:02 PM   
Rgirvan44

This is pretty awful - and actully quite small scale as well. The quest is so lazy. For example;

EXT. BOAT. DAYTIME: "We must sail on this sea to find an island that may not even exist!"

*Another scene elsewhere

EXT.BOAT.DAYTIME: "We have found the island!"

I mean, surely if you set something like that up, you need to have the heroes earn the ability to find the damn place. So dull, so empty and I don't think anyone in front or behind the camera really cared.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to tysmuse)
Post #: 22
RE: Appalling - 1/4/2012 10:44:40 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

This is pretty awful - and actully quite small scale as well. The quest is so lazy. For example;

EXT. BOAT. DAYTIME: "We must sail on this sea to find an island that may not even exist!"

*Another scene elsewhere

EXT.BOAT.DAYTIME: "We have found the island!"

I mean, surely if you set something like that up, you need to have the heroes earn the ability to find the damn place. So dull, so empty and I don't think anyone in front or behind the camera really cared.

I've just got back from watching it, and this was one of the main criticisms for me. In some ways it's even worse than the first one, in that at least the main villain in the first one (Fiennes) carried a certain camp menace. In this one the main villain is a pile of rock that does fuck all until the end, and even then all he really does is wave his arms about like a drunk at a wedding.

< Message edited by superdan -- 1/4/2012 10:45:12 PM >

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 23
Interviews? - 1/4/2012 11:13:38 PM   
ChicksHands

So which actor got to screw the journo?

Post #: 24
RE: normal action - 1/4/2012 11:31:54 PM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sanya

I'd appreciate it if you didn't speak on behalf of me.

Eddy's Film Review
Latest: Need For Speed, Under The Skin, 300: Rise Of An Empire

(in reply to Sanya)
Post #: 25
A Kraken Shame - 2/4/2012 10:13:13 AM   
Nicky C

Everyone above the line should take some responsibility because if it weren't for the art and VFX departments there simply wouldn't be a movie to watch. I sort of feel bad for Sam Worthington as well because he really wanted this to be awesome and shot in proper 3D etc. but clearly the studio didn't want to take his ideas on board. They should have. Mind you, Battle Los Angeles had the same problem so maybe Liebesman needs to take a class on story structure?

Post #: 26
just because! - 2/4/2012 10:43:02 AM   
dannyfletch

just because I feel this is being unfairly slated by some reviewers I thought I would post another rating on how entertained I was!

Post #: 27
RE: just because! - 2/4/2012 5:46:30 PM   
Kayotik

I saw it yesterday.

Can't really remember much about it though.

Nope, nothing really memorable unfortunately.

(in reply to dannyfletch)
Post #: 28
RE: just because! - 3/4/2012 9:44:06 AM   
yazoo88

I saw this last night, went in with little hope after being disapointed at clash of the titans, however found it very entertaining. The acting was quite poor throughout but the storyline was interesting and the film production was excellent. My only complaint was that some parts were too unrealistic, I know its a fantasy film but there were points where I was thinking "he would so be dead right now" etc!!

Don't bother seeing it in 3D, we did only because it was the most convenient time.

(in reply to Kayotik)
Post #: 29
Dirty - 3/4/2012 3:27:59 PM   
Enzino

What I'd like to know is why couldn't Perseus have wiped his face on a cloth here and there? And it looks like something is living in his hair! At least give us ladies something to look at!

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Wrath Of The Titans Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI