Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Richard Donner On Lethal Weapon 5

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Richard Donner On Lethal Weapon 5 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Richard Donner On Lethal Weapon 5 - 27/3/2012 5:03:07 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 27/3/2012 5:03:07 PM   
JimmyThe Saint

How about a lethal Weapon where Riggs turns out to allegedly be a boorish, small minded, foul mouthed, woman beating alcoholic bigot whose career is in the toilet.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
For Jimmy - 27/3/2012 5:14:07 PM   
tenstrings

How about a film set in Hollywood where the liberal elite harass Riggs for an indiscretion that he is genuinely sorry for but actually give other characters a free ticket for doing much worse because they are part of that elite?

Post #: 3
RE: For Jimmy - 27/3/2012 5:24:11 PM   
Timon

Wait a sec...

*runs, grabs popcorn.

Go.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to tenstrings)
Post #: 4
RE: For Jimmy - 27/3/2012 5:28:10 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Wait a sec...

*runs, grabs popcorn.

Go.

This ^

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 5
For Jimmy; - 27/3/2012 5:30:40 PM   
gregg.owens31

How about you just keep your comments to yourself. I think the question was would this work for a Lethal Weapon movie NOT about Gibson's private life!

Post #: 6
For Jimmy; - 27/3/2012 5:30:51 PM   
gregg.owens31

How about you just keep your comments to yourself. I think the question was would this work for a Lethal Weapon movie NOT about Gibson's private life!

Post #: 7
- 27/3/2012 6:20:25 PM   
clarkkent

Uhm, is it just me or did that description of what film five could have been sound like a JOKE. Seriously, if that wasn't sarcasm, i fear mr Donner might have suffered some kind of stroke during the interview.

As for the Gibson bashing (which is what this is, regardless of your opinions of him) Yes, he's done some things many would regard as not good, but i think the majority of things he said can be attributed to alcohol, which kind of negates any claims that they're his actual beliefs. As for the woman beating, did that happen? I know he was abusive towards some women (which from what i've read was a little justified) but physically harming them? Did that happen?

Post #: 8
- 27/3/2012 8:16:53 PM   
JimmyThe Saint

Re; No offence intended. Was only kidding. But you cannot deny he did some qusestionable stuff. So what it is all forgiven? Michael Cimino will never work again over Heaven’s Gate, but you can’t do a sarcy joke about Gibson? And I’m a Scot. But so what if he did Braveheart? And yes apparently he did hit that woman.

Post #: 9
Just make it - 27/3/2012 9:19:41 PM   
sowasred2012

I don't care how dumb it sounds - I love every single one of the Lethal Weapon movies and I'll happily sit through whatever they might have cooked up for a fifth.

Although, I remember reading Shane Black had written a fifth one, I'd prefer that over a story about Riggs and Murtaugh chasing after a runaway caravan, but I'm not fussy.

Post #: 10
Just make it - 27/3/2012 9:19:42 PM   
sowasred2012

I don't care how dumb it sounds - I love every single one of the Lethal Weapon movies and I'll happily sit through whatever they might have cooked up for a fifth.

Although, I remember reading Shane Black had written a fifth one, I'd prefer that over a story about Riggs and Murtaugh chasing after a runaway caravan, but I'm not fussy.

Post #: 11
I wish - 28/3/2012 8:26:32 AM   
DonnchadhT5

I would actually froth at the gash for this to go into production.

Post #: 12
I love you, EMPIRE! - 28/3/2012 9:24:21 AM   
kielerkai

...for features like this.

In other news, I'd also love a new LETHAL WEAPON movie. Like, right now!

Post #: 13
Fishing - 28/3/2012 1:07:28 PM   
ODForrest

For starters, I enjoyed Lethal Weapon (not the TV version, which I find annoying) 1, 2 and 3, if I’m honest 4 left me a wee bit flat, can’t say I didn’t like it but there was just something missing. What I think this piece is about, a bit of a fishing exercise to see if anyone wants number 5 or am I such a tad cynical. I would welcome another one if it is an improvement on number 4,

Post #: 14
RE: Fishing - 29/3/2012 12:51:00 PM   
waltham1979

Would LOVE another one but I wanna see Mel Gibson go nuts again (in the film again, not in real life...again). I did enjoy number 4 - if for anything for the enjoyment of watching a Hollywood studio make an utterly racist film without realising - but would like to see them bring back the edge a little.

Fyi; I don't mean the U2 guitarist...

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to ODForrest)
Post #: 15
RE: - 29/3/2012 4:46:53 PM   
Wild about Wilder

About forgiving people for people old enough to remember 2 words Sean Penn. (Although I haven't THE OBNOXIOUS LITTLE TWAT! )

(in reply to JimmyThe Saint)
Post #: 16
For me, the problem was ... - 29/3/2012 4:59:22 PM   
Nicky C

... that Riggs stopped being lethal. It's like the first one was about bringing him back from 'the edge'. I will always adore the line 'he's on the edge'. Cops 'on the edge' were invented by Shane Black IMHO. Then in 2, he was emotionally fixed but still a badass. Then in 3 he was all like trying to quit smoking and get it on with Rene Russo. 4 was just an action comedy about 2 guys getting 'too old for this sh*t'. If they did another one it would have to toughen up again to get my ticket money.

Post #: 17
They ruined riggs - 29/3/2012 8:38:41 PM   
simjamlmx

I agree with nicky c up to a point, except i would say that they took this "lethal weapon" and turned him into a METROSEXUAL PUSSY.

Post #: 18
check out danny glovers feet. - 29/3/2012 10:12:27 PM   
MaytheFaustbewithYou

i thought maybe he had those steel foot shoes on but now i think he's wearing sandals.

anyways these pictures are legendary. amazing.

Post #: 19
For me, the problem was ... - 30/3/2012 9:11:16 AM   
Nicky C

... that Riggs stopped being lethal. It's like the first one was about bringing him back from 'the edge'. I will always adore the line 'he's on the edge'. Cops 'on the edge' were invented by Shane Black IMHO. Then in 2, he was emotionally fixed but still a badass. Then in 3 he was all like trying to quit smoking and get it on with Rene Russo. 4 was just an action comedy about 2 guys getting 'too old for this sh*t'. If they did another one it would have to toughen up again to get my ticket money.

Post #: 20
For me, the problem was ... - 30/3/2012 9:12:12 AM   
Nicky C

Post #: 21
- 31/3/2012 9:47:42 AM   
jamesdh

would've been funny even if Danny Glover had ended up running for mayor in the village and mel gibson working as a stand up comedian whilst trying to solve a government conspiracy.

Post #: 22
I LOVE TO SEE A LETHAL WEAPON 5. - 5/8/2013 2:22:07 AM   
kissalive

THE LETHAL WEAPON MOVIES WHERE THE BEST ACTION MOVIES OF ALL TIME. I LIKE TO SEE MORE LETHAL WEAPON MOVIES. PLEASE DO ANOTHER ONE I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM BACK. YOUR FREND CHARLES FROM PORTLAND MAINE. PLEASE GIVE ME MORE LETHAL WEAPON.

Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Richard Donner On Lethal Weapon 5 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI