Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Empire's Prometheus Cover Arrives

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Empire's Prometheus Cover Arrives Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Empire's Prometheus Cover Arrives - 27/3/2012 11:47:23 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
being thick! - 27/3/2012 11:47:23 AM   
cawykes

Can someone confirm that Prometheus takes place after Alien. That may seem like a stupid question, but I watched Alien recently and it doesn't look like the technology of both films match up. I appreciate that Alien was made a while ago and the vision of the future changes. Even the red light scanner things are technically advanced.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
being thick! - 27/3/2012 11:47:37 AM   
cawykes

Can someone confirm that Prometheus takes place after Alien. That may seem like a stupid question, but I watched Alien recently and it doesn't look like the technology of both films match up. I appreciate that Alien was made a while ago and the vision of the future changes. Even the red light scanner things are technically advanced.

Post #: 3
I am thick! - 27/3/2012 11:51:10 AM   
cawykes

Just read that again. Meant to say, does Prometheus take place BEFORE Alien! Duh!

Post #: 4
Horrible cover - 27/3/2012 11:54:56 AM   
nybras

Post #: 5
Theories... - 27/3/2012 12:02:19 PM   
Maca007

I'm going out on a limb here so don't read on unless your interested in speculation on what happens in but I reckon that Logan Marshall Green's character gets infected by a 'bio-weapon' that slowly and painfully transforms him into either the humanoid proto alien we see in the trailer or uses him as the host for the original Alien Queen to grow inside of - therefore the infamous Space Jockey we see in this and in Alien with a hole blown in his chest is actually Mr Marshall Green's character...or something like that. Hell quiet down at the back everyone's a critic!

Post #: 6
RE: I am thick! - 27/3/2012 12:03:08 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: cawykes

Just read that again. Meant to say, does Prometheus take place BEFORE Alien! Duh!

It does. Precedes it by 30 years or so.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to cawykes)
Post #: 7
RE: I am thick! - 27/3/2012 12:03:47 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to cawykes)
Post #: 8
RE: I am thick! - 27/3/2012 12:04:00 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

(in reply to cawykes)
Post #: 9
Re: being thick - 27/3/2012 12:04:06 PM   
Kmadden2004

Yes, it does take place before Alien. The trailers confirm that. You could probably explain the difference of technology away by saying the Prometheus (the ship/expedition) has more money thrown at it, since it's a science vessel, whereas the Nostromo was pretty much nothing more than a tow truck in space.

Post #: 10
- 27/3/2012 12:10:34 PM   
ronniem

I can't wait for this movie BUT it's NOT the movie event of the year...TDKR has something to say to that!

Post #: 11
Thank you! - 27/3/2012 12:17:00 PM   
cawykes

Cool, I did wonder if Weyland had thrown more money at that ship, hence the advanced technology. I don't think there will be an alien as we know it in the film as it needs a face-hugger to lay the embryo. So I agree (maybe spoilerish, I don't know) that some of the crew 'turn' into the alien queen that lays the eggs. Oh it's all speculative, but damn exciting! I'm looking forward to the space jockeys being explained more.

Post #: 12
Alien prequel? - 27/3/2012 12:58:30 PM   
ODForrest

I saw some of the stars on Movie Juice the other night (albeit brief) being interviewed and on more than one occasion they said it was not a prequel? Well is it or isn't it?

Post #: 13
RE: - 27/3/2012 1:19:44 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronniem

I can't wait for this movie BUT it's NOT the movie event of the year...TDKR has something to say to that!

Something that will fall on deaf ears for many.

This is Scott returning to the Alien universe. As good as the Nolan Batman films are (really good) they are not stone cold masterpieces, therefore they are not in the same league as Alien. Thatís why for an awful lot of people Prometheus is the movie event of this year.

(in reply to ronniem)
Post #: 14
RE: Thank you! - 27/3/2012 1:22:44 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

Cool, I did wonder if Weyland had thrown more money at that ship, hence the advanced technology. I don't think there will be an alien as we know it in the film as it needs a face-hugger to lay the embryo. So I agree (maybe spoilerish, I don't know) that some of the crew 'turn' into the alien queen that lays the eggs. Oh it's all speculative, but damn exciting! I'm looking forward to the space jockeys being explained more.

SPOILER.... youíve been warned!!!

Cast a more critical eye over the trailer . Thereís a slimy little beggar in there doing its best to suck some human face!

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 27/3/2012 1:23:32 PM >

(in reply to cawykes)
Post #: 15
RE: Alien prequel? - 27/3/2012 1:27:35 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: ODForrest

I saw some of the stars on Movie Juice the other night (albeit brief) being interviewed and on more than one occasion they said it was not a prequel? Well is it or isn't it?

It is! In as much as it deals with elements from the series, prior to the events of Alien. That is irrefutable at this point. The trailer confirms a connection to Alien beyond any doubt. It is how distant a connection that no one knows at this point.

Those expecting the Alien itself to appear though are more than likely in for disappointment.

(in reply to ODForrest)
Post #: 16
RE: Alien prequel? - 27/3/2012 1:35:33 PM   
shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: ODForrest

It is! In as much as it deals with elements from the series, prior to the events of Alien. That is irrefutable at this point. The trailer confirms a connection to Alien beyond any doubt. It is how distant a connection that no one knows at this point.

Those expecting the Alien itself to appear though are more than likely in for disappointment.

I don't think its even set on LV426. But it is in the Alien universe and set 30 years prior to Alien.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 17
Cover Tweaking - 27/3/2012 1:40:47 PM   
HighwayJoe

I greatly enjoy Empire's ongoing critique of the abuses of Photoshop in movie posters/adverts--which is why I'm always thrown and somewhat disappointed to see rubbery, waxy dummies replacing actors on Empire covers. The colour scheme is ace, and I'm sure the "holographic" effect is quite nifty... but why has Noomi Rapace been replaced by a wax model?

Post #: 18
Argh! - 27/3/2012 1:44:42 PM   
PhillThump

Sorry guys but this is an awful piece of Photoshop work.

Whoever did this needs to seriously wind in their use of OuterGlow effects! :-S

Post #: 19
RE: Argh! - 27/3/2012 1:49:03 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: PhillThump

Sorry guys but this is an awful piece of Photoshop work.

Whoever did this needs to seriously wind in their use of OuterGlow effects! :-S

No apology needed... unless you did it. In which case, yes it could be better

(in reply to PhillThump)
Post #: 20
RE: Empire's Prometheus Cover Arrives - 27/3/2012 1:51:05 PM   
MonsterCat

Is it just me or does Noomi Rapace look really sexy in a spacesuit?

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 27/3/2012 1:52:35 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 21
RE: Empire's Prometheus Cover Arrives - 27/3/2012 1:56:58 PM   
jonson

Is it just me or does her head look waaaay to big for her body? She's like the Brian Woolnough of space.
Despite Empire's attempts to put me off with that horrendous cover, I can't wait.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 22
oh dear - 27/3/2012 2:02:56 PM   
dollerhyde

I have to say this cover is not very good. Looks like the front cover of a prog rock compilation album. Of all the striking images we have seen of Prometheus thus far, we get a photoshopped bubble head.

Post #: 23
oh dear - 27/3/2012 2:03:07 PM   
dollerhyde

I have to say this cover is not very good. Looks like the front cover of a prog rock compilation album. Of all the striking images we have seen of Prometheus thus far, we get a photoshopped bubble head.

Post #: 24
oh dear - 27/3/2012 2:03:17 PM   
dollerhyde

Post #: 25
- 27/3/2012 2:36:23 PM   
BabsyBuck

does it really say something when you open it!
*or were you being sarcastic? :| *

Post #: 26
- 27/3/2012 2:36:30 PM   
BabsyBuck

Post #: 27
WOZZA - 27/3/2012 2:42:19 PM   
BabsyBuck

Post #: 28
WOZZA - 27/3/2012 2:43:57 PM   
BabsyBuck

Post #: 29
Photocopped - 27/3/2012 4:45:37 PM   
flando

Aw Empire, I love you, I hate criticizing you, but as a long time reader and current annual subscriber I have to say, why with the badly photo-shopped cover? Last month's cover was 'meh' enough with Battleship and MIB on the front, and the thought of a Prometheus cover would have had me all excited. This looks bad. And it was only a few months back that Empire was ridiculing badly photo-shopped movie posters. This is right up there.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Empire's Prometheus Cover Arrives Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI