Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Joel Kinnaman Talks Robocop

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Joel Kinnaman Talks Robocop Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Joel Kinnaman Talks Robocop - 27/3/2012 7:57:41 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Please NO!! - 27/3/2012 7:57:41 AM   
aliyevra2003

They gonna ruin another classic. Can't we come up with fresh stuff and let good memories of the past be? I have my doubts over quality acting this fella (who wears facial hair voluntarily) can deliver with his eyes through a see through visor. The movie is called robocop for a reason- because it's a machine that is haunted by memories.. oh, what's the use... let's call the sequel "spandex nancy- full metal gear" and get it over with.. I hope it flops in the boxoffice

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Darghhh... - 27/3/2012 8:38:09 AM   
waltham1979

I just threw up in my mouth a little..."Robocop is going to be a lot more human"?! Are they not kind of missing the point with Robocop?? Wasn't the film about him losing his humanity and becoming a consumer product?? Why do studios keep doing this?? ARGGGHHHHHH!! *waltham1979's eyeballs literally explode in rage*

Post #: 3
- 27/3/2012 9:04:47 AM   
Samuelpoet

I agree with the previous two comments. Okay they might be doing this from another perspective, but it kind of ruins the whole point of the original idea. It's guaranteed to flop, film companies need to look at over recent rehashes to see that. Movie bosses also need to start looking at New Ideas from great writers out there. I'm thinking that the rehashing of movies and the endless super-hero movies that are taking to our screens, is becoming tiresome, as mentioned earlier, we need something new.

Post #: 4
RE: - 27/3/2012 9:45:17 AM   
UTB

Wasn't Robocop 'human' anyway? By the end of the movie he had a conscience, missed his wife and kids etc. How are they going to make him more human? Will he masturbate or something? Sit on the sofa scratching his robo-balls watching America's Got Talent?

< Message edited by UTB -- 27/3/2012 9:46:04 AM >

(in reply to Samuelpoet)
Post #: 5
- 27/3/2012 9:58:09 AM   
attakdog

"It's a re-imagining" - God I hate that fucking word.

The only thing that'll be "re-imagined" is the blood and violence, which will be dialled down to virtually zero, to obtain the prescious 12A rating, so any little whippersnappers can go watch it, whilst pissing on the memory of the 80's violent masterpiece. Can't wait!

Post #: 6
GOOD! It NEEDS to be different to be worth my time... - 27/3/2012 11:38:57 AM   
Nicky C

Also, the original was very satirical about the time it was made. You can't do Robocop the way you did in the 80s because that vision of the 'future' is irrelevant. I think they're doing the right thing by changing it to fit NOW. Robocop's one of my all-time favourites, because of my age, but I don't want a slavish remake. I want TODAY's Robocop. Haters ... stop hating!

Post #: 7
Hmm... - 27/3/2012 11:45:28 AM   
Mr.Screen

I normally don't have an opinion on remakes one way or the other but they're talking about my all time favourite film here. The possibility of a PG13/12A certificate doesn't bother me so much (unlike most I didn't "hate" Robocop 3) but I will only be convinced if upon release it get favourable reviews. At the moment I'm not sitting on the fence, I'm most definitley in Wilson mode

Post #: 8
Ken Russell on Robocop (1987): "The best science f... - 27/3/2012 2:24:01 PM   
BenTramer

'It’s a re-imagination...' Using cliches is a bad way to start off any remake (and YES, IT IS a remake!). Let's see, they'll drop the old ultraviolence and satire ("no kid would get that today"), CGI Ed 209 and have a hot 19-year-old soap actress as his partner (not a chubby-faced one).

Post #: 9
Saw the original recently - 27/3/2012 3:12:49 PM   
Mr Grizzly

..and Murphy doesn't get enough screentime before he becomes Robocop. That would definitely benefit the remake as you'd care for the character more.

Post #: 10
"I had to kill Jose Padhila because he made a mist... - 27/3/2012 10:54:24 PM   
kurum

Bad bad idea! A see-through visor that lets you see his whole face??? WTF are they talking about??? I really dread seeing this re-imagining. I just wish that Ronnie Cox can send Kurtwood Smith to Jose Padilha's house, shoot him in the legs and leave a timebomb on his coffee table!

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Joel Kinnaman Talks Robocop Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI