Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 26/3/2012 2:56:21 PM   
Toby Dammit

So, no best actor nomination for Michael Fassbender, and Harry Potter beats both Drive and Tinker, Tailor for best film. I remember when the Empire Awards righted the wrongs of other awards shows.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
- 26/3/2012 2:56:55 PM   
Toby Dammit

So, no best actor nomination for Michael Fassbender, and Harry Potter beats both Drive and Tinker, Tailor for best film. I remember when the Empire Awards righted the wrongs of other awards shows.

Post #: 32
RE: - 26/3/2012 3:02:34 PM   
S. C. Lee

La la la, you're not listening - oh well, never mind, I have things to do...

(in reply to Toby Dammit)
Post #: 33
RE: RE: - 26/3/2012 3:14:34 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Not saying it was biased towards us Brits or anything it's just that the only 2 non Brit wins were not voted for?

(in reply to S. C. Lee)
Post #: 34
RE: RE: - 26/3/2012 11:03:48 PM   
Qwerty Norris

Yey for Olivia Colman & Kill List.

Eh for David Yates & Harry Potter?

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 35
RE: RE: - 27/3/2012 7:26:57 AM   
kdevitt

quote:

ORIGINAL: S. C. Lee
Once again, how have they lost credibility? They offered four / five films and people voted, now there's a winner.

The Harry Potter films are British, with a British cast and a British director, they've made a lot of money and brought worldwide attention to this country (in a good way.) They've made eight films over ten years, eight damn impressive films from difficult source material. Sounds like a worthy winner to me.

Hmm - average user rating for Harry Potter DH 2 on empireonline - 3 stars, average Drive rating - 4, hence a reasonable assumption would be that the average site user rated Drive as a better movie.

We'll have to agree to disagree on them making 8 damn impressive movies - Prisoner of Azkaban was fantastic, the rest went from total tosh to mediocre imo.

As for British directors - I didn't realise the best movie award boiled down to who supported the British industry most, but if you were to judge by that yardstick then Quantum of Solace should have walked away with best movie a few years back. I'd also imagine Chris Columbis and Alfonso Cuaron might have something to say about their Britishness.

(in reply to S. C. Lee)
Post #: 36
Still no love for Drive! What the hell is wrong with pe... - 27/3/2012 2:52:15 PM   
kitfisto

Harry Potter was very enjoyable but anyone who thinks it was better than Drive or Tinker, Tailor, Solider, Spy is smoking crack!
Readers of Empire, you have let yourselves down

Post #: 37
RE: RE: - 27/3/2012 3:30:39 PM   
S. C. Lee

quote:

ORIGINAL: kdevitt

quote:

Once again, how have they lost credibility? They offered four / five films and people voted, now there's a winner.

The Harry Potter films are British, with a British cast and a British director, they've made a lot of money and brought worldwide attention to this country (in a good way.) They've made eight films over ten years, eight damn impressive films from difficult source material. Sounds like a worthy winner to me.

Hmm - average user rating for Harry Potter DH 2 on empireonline - 3 stars, average Drive rating - 4, hence a reasonable assumption would be that the average site user rated Drive as a better movie.

No, this proves absolutely nothing. The amount of people who bothered to comment on the Harry Potter and Drive threads, has no relation to the amount of people who voted. And with all due respect to the boards, I'm sure most people who read Empire don't use this forum.

(in reply to kdevitt)
Post #: 38
RE: Still no love for Drive! What the hell is wrong wit... - 27/3/2012 3:34:33 PM   
S. C. Lee

quote:

ORIGINAL: kitfisto

Harry Potter was very enjoyable but anyone who thinks it was better than Drive or Tinker, Tailor, Solider, Spy is smoking crack!

Never touched drugs in my life. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part two is a better film than Drive or Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (which quite frankly bored me) and half it's audience, going by the reviews on Amazon.

< Message edited by S. C. Lee -- 27/3/2012 3:35:19 PM >

(in reply to kitfisto)
Post #: 39
RE: Still no love for Drive! What the hell is wrong wit... - 28/3/2012 9:25:42 PM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kitfisto

Never touched drugs in my life. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part two is a better film than Drive or Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (which quite frankly bored me) and half it's audience, going by the reviews on Amazon.

I respectfully & strongly disagree - although I guess those who voted in the Empire awards predominantly didn't.

They're wrong though....

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to S. C. Lee)
Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI