Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Jameson Empire Awards 2012: Live

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Jameson Empire Awards 2012: Live Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jameson Empire Awards 2012: Live - 25/3/2012 6:50:59 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
GODDAMN IT!!!! - 25/3/2012 6:50:59 PM   
bb

I can't believe POTTER won the two main prizes. David Yates is a f***ing moron. He only directed these as a quick way to enter the film business. I really hate him. His direction on the POTTER films was dull. Where you people smoking on high?!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 25/3/2012 7:38:42 PM  1 votes
Whistler

Come on guys, Harry Potter? Seriously? I've nothing against it, but our one chance to recognize Drive and we give it to Harry-freakin'-Potter instead? That's an insult. Also not quite sure how Hugo didn't get best 3D, but hey ho, I'm pretty surprised by all of the results...

Post #: 3
Ho Hum - 25/3/2012 8:42:28 PM   
wgfuzzydunlop1

Lots of Potter fans block-voting as usual. Very annoying. I'm willing to bet the big winner next year will be The Hunger Games...

Post #: 4
I agree with BB- fucking harry potter!!!!!!! >=( - 25/3/2012 8:46:21 PM   
lewisb548

Why the fucking fuck did harry potter get best director- why!!! surely the guy who directed Drive should be recognised for his talents- i agree with the two other guys who commented- the results were a let down why harry potter you fucking twat- I wish you were the boy who died"!!!!!
I was rooting for Voldermort in the boring parts of your final film!! Which was a teeny bit of a let down- you fuck!!!!

Post #: 5
- 25/3/2012 8:55:47 PM   
J_BUltimatum

Why was there no nods for Warrior?? Yet Potter wins?? Get a f'ing grip people!!

Post #: 6
And you readers think the Oscars are a joke - 25/3/2012 9:19:11 PM   
LFCLavery

I'll start by saying I don't mind that that none of the winners, other than Gary Oldman and Tom Hiddleston, where what I picked. What really stunned me was that you managed to pick some of the worst damn winners out of the nominees. It's quite clear that most ( not all by any means) of the voters were so up themselves that they felt they just had to pick as many BRITISH nominees as they could bear. Harry Potter should not have been within a mile of these awards, I think we can agree with that. And yet again DRIVE did not get a look in because most people think they are better than voting for simple yet emotionally engaging film making and acting. I think I'm right in saying that you all thought that Tinker and Potter were robbed at the Awards shows, so you did exactly what they did and voted for them based not on quality but trivial details, thereby robbing all the other nominees that actually deserved it. You are all entitled to your own choices, I just hope you all see that you aren't making them based on which film actually DESERVES an award.

Post #: 7
And you readers think the Oscars are a joke - 25/3/2012 9:19:19 PM   
LFCLavery

I'll start by saying I don't mind that that none of the winners, other than Gary Oldman and Tom Hiddleston, where what I picked. What really stunned me was that you managed to pick some of the worst damn winners out of the nominees. It's quite clear that most ( not all by any means) of the voters were so up themselves that they felt they just had to pick as many BRITISH nominees as they could bear. Harry Potter should not have been within a mile of these awards, I think we can agree with that. And yet again DRIVE did not get a look in because most people think they are better than voting for simple yet emotionally engaging film making and acting. I think I'm right in saying that you all thought that Tinker and Potter were robbed at the Awards shows, so you did exactly what they did and voted for them based not on quality but trivial details, thereby robbing all the other nominees that actually deserved it. You are all entitled to your own choices, I just hope you all see that you aren't making them based on which film actually DESERVES an award.

Post #: 8
And you readers think the Oscars are a joke - 25/3/2012 9:19:59 PM   
LFCLavery

I'll start by saying I don't mind that that none of the winners, other than Gary Oldman and Tom Hiddleston, where what I picked. What really stunned me was that you managed to pick some of the worst winners out of the nominees. It's quite clear that most ( not all by any means) of the voters were so up themselves that they felt they just had to pick as many BRITISH nominees as they could bear. Harry Potter should not have been within a mile of these awards, I think we can agree with that. And yet again DRIVE did not get a look in because most people think they are better than voting for simple yet emotionally engaging film making and acting. I think I'm right in saying that you all thought that Tinker and Potter were robbed at the Awards shows, so you did exactly what they did and voted for them based not on quality but trivial details, thereby robbing all the other nominees that actually deserved it. You are all entitled to your own choices, I just hope you all see that you aren't making them based on which film actually DESERVES an award.

Post #: 9
No DRIVE? - 25/3/2012 9:51:32 PM   
gracliper

I'm very embarrassed...

Post #: 10
Really?? - 25/3/2012 9:52:47 PM   
helenfoan

I'm a massive fan of the HP books and have generally been pleased with the adaptations. However, I was thoroughly disappointed with the final film and thought it really under-played the sadness of the final book, had too many Death Eaters (too many gripes to mention). Cannot believe that it won Best Film. I don't think it's been a particularly classic year for film. Not yet seen Drive but expect that will be my film of the year. ATM I am with Planet Of The Apes! On a separate note, am I the only one who didn't enjoy The Inbetweeners film? Loved the TV show though

Post #: 11
Really?? - 25/3/2012 9:53:29 PM   
helenfoan

I'm a massive fan of the HP books and have generally been pleased with the adaptations. However, I was thoroughly disappointed with the final film and thought it really under-played the sadness of the final book, had too many Death Eaters (too many gripes to mention). Cannot believe that it won Best Film. I don't think it's been a particularly classic year for film. Not yet seen Drive but expect that will be my film of the year. ATM I am with Planet Of The Apes! On a separate note, am I the only one who didn't enjoy The Inbetweeners film? Loved the TV show though

Post #: 12
Really?? - 25/3/2012 9:53:59 PM   
helenfoan

Post #: 13
- 25/3/2012 10:00:59 PM   
helenfoan

Wow, I care so much I posted 3 times. Stupid error mesage

Post #: 14
What?? - 25/3/2012 10:51:03 PM   
Coyleone

Comeone people! We could have given Drive it's oh so deserved award and Harry Potter won best film? Jesus christ.

Post #: 15
RE: Odd - 25/3/2012 10:51:58 PM   
Spaldron

Harry Potter for best film, you're kidding right?

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to helenfoan)
Post #: 16
RE: What?? - 25/3/2012 10:52:54 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Coyleone

Comeone people! We could have given Drive it's oh so deserved award and Harry Potter won best film? Jesus christ.

Considering how many people called it film of the year and voted for it I find it very odd that it lost to Potter.

(in reply to Coyleone)
Post #: 17
What the hell?! - 25/3/2012 11:40:53 PM   
film man aidy

Are the Empire readers even film fans anymore?! Where on earth was the love for Drive?! Loved it - the best film i've seen for years. A pretty average Harry Potter episode, and the hugely disappointing Tinker Taylor wipe the floor with it?! The world has gone mad. I honestly thought that after the joke that was this year's oscars, the injustice done to Drive would be put right. Everyone who didn't vote for it deserves to be spoon fed franchise friendly, happy meal packaged movies for the rest of their sad little lives. Then the rest of us can get on with the business of appreciating real cinema...

Post #: 18
RE: What the hell?! - 25/3/2012 11:53:09 PM   
film man aidy

See you next year folks for the future joke that is the Empire Awards 2013, featuring Men in Black 3, Battleship and GI Joe 2 all battling it out for best film...Going on this year's results, just don't expect to see Prometheus or the Hobbit win anything...

(in reply to film man aidy)
Post #: 19
RE: What the hell?! - 26/3/2012 12:13:21 AM   
Spaldron

I've pretty much lost faith in all awards ceremonies, except maybe the Kermode's.

(in reply to film man aidy)
Post #: 20
Yeah... - 26/3/2012 12:25:23 AM   
kingdom_key

Potter didn't deserve any of the spotlight for me. No Drive wins, another travesty. No Dragon Tattoo love, I'm glad Gary Oldman won something though. I don't think this award show really reinstated any of the necessary validity for the right films this year. Let's hope next year is better.

Post #: 21
WTF!!!!!!!!!!! - 26/3/2012 12:32:01 AM   
jclee

Very, very disappointed with the empire awards. Is there any point of me voting??? Won't be taking part next year! I like to know what does the team from empire thinks??? I know the team of empire have no control? BUT COME ON!!!!

Post #: 22
WTF!!!!!!!!!!! - 26/3/2012 12:32:24 AM   
jclee

Very, very disappointed with the empire awards. Is there any point of me voting??? Won't be taking part next year! I like to know what does the team from empire thinks??? I know the team of empire have no control? BUT COME ON!!!!

Post #: 23
WTF! - 26/3/2012 12:39:01 AM   
jclee

Very, very disappointed with the results. Whats the point of me voting, feel as though i had wasted my vote. Won't be voting next year! Like to know what the team from empire thinks? I know they have no control of it, BUT PLEASE, COME ON!!!!!!

Post #: 24
RE: WTF! - 26/3/2012 4:03:14 AM   
S. C. Lee

I didn't vote but I'm happy that Potter won, it was a great end to a brilliant series of films. Really glad Felicity Jones won too. I thought Drive was completely overrated.

(in reply to jclee)
Post #: 25
RE: Ho Hum - 26/3/2012 4:07:12 AM   
S. C. Lee

quote:

ORIGINAL: wgfuzzydunlop1

Lots of Potter fans block-voting as usual. Very annoying. I'm willing to bet the big winner next year will be The Hunger Games...

So because you don't like something it doesn't deserve to win? Block-voting, where's the proof?

And on a separate note, Tim Burton = legend.

< Message edited by S. C. Lee -- 26/3/2012 4:14:05 AM >

(in reply to wgfuzzydunlop1)
Post #: 26
- 26/3/2012 4:46:49 AM   
Dirtyfunkymonkey

all my voting was directed at Drive and it won nothing. Disappointed.

Post #: 27
RE: - 26/3/2012 8:47:02 AM   
kdevitt

Always enjoyed the Empire awards due to their ability to reward movies that other ceremonies didn't, and the fact they rewarded the best movies of the year.

But seriously - Harry Potter? An exceptionally mediocre movie in a field of stand-outs (Drive got my vote!). You've obviously been hit up by a few Harry Potter fan sites, and unfortunately lost a lot of credibility as a result.

< Message edited by kdevitt -- 26/3/2012 8:48:36 AM >

(in reply to Dirtyfunkymonkey)
Post #: 28
- 26/3/2012 11:21:17 AM   
TheColumnist

Great work Empire...i love you guys

Post #: 29
RE: RE: - 26/3/2012 2:37:41 PM   
S. C. Lee

quote:

ORIGINAL: kdevitt

You've obviously been hit up by a few Harry Potter fan sites, and unfortunately lost a lot of credibility as a result.

Once again, how have they lost credibility? They offered four / five films and people voted, now there's a winner.

The Harry Potter films are British, with a British cast and a British director, they've made a lot of money and brought worldwide attention to this country (in a good way.) They've made eight films over ten years, eight damn impressive films from difficult source material. Sounds like a worthy winner to me.

(in reply to kdevitt)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Jameson Empire Awards 2012: Live Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI