Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Luther Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Luther - 22/3/2012 1:29:45 PM   
spark1

the tv series is jumping to the big screen after its 3rd final season-

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-03-22/luther-creator-preparing-big-screen-version-of-the-idris-elba-drama
Post #: 1
RE: Luther - 22/3/2012 11:28:19 PM   
musht

Dunno How I feel about this. They'll have to get Ruth Wilson back for this, I know she's not going to be in the third series so maybe a movie would complete her and John's story

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 2
RE: Luther - 22/3/2012 11:50:45 PM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

Dunno How I feel about this. They'll have to get Ruth Wilson back for this, I know she's not going to be in the third series so maybe a movie would complete her and John's story

She's not?? She's the best character! Apart from Luther himself, of course.

It seems to be a trend lately, of turning TV series' into films (Entourage, 24, Arrested Development). Not sure what to think about the prospect of a Luther movie, although I guess there's no reason it shouldn't work. Just bring on the third season!

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 3
RE: Luther - 22/3/2012 11:54:09 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

quote:

It seems to be a trend lately, of turning TV series' into films (Entourage, 24, Arrested Development). Not sure what to think about the prospect of a Luther movie, although I guess there's no reason it shouldn't work. Just bring on the third season!

I think she can't come back because of scheduling, she's filming the Lone Ranger and then she'll have to do publicity. I suppose it depends when they start filming cause of course Elba is very busy himself these days

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 4
RE: Luther - 23/3/2012 12:00:45 AM   
Whistler

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think she can't come back because of scheduling, she's filming the Lone Ranger and then she'll have to do publicity. I suppose it depends when they start filming cause of course Elba is very busy himself these days

Ah, of course. Still, seasons 1 & 2 are only 6 & 4 episodes respectively, so it surely can't take terribly long to film them.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 5
RE: Luther - 23/3/2012 12:20:33 AM   
musht

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ah, of course. Still, seasons 1 & 2 are only 6 & 4 episodes respectively, so it surely can't take terribly long to film them.

She only had like four scenes in season 2 'n' all so you'd think she could squeeze something. Dunno where they could go with a movie anyway, it's a pity they used the gaming twins already, cause with a bigger budget that could've been great.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 6
RE: Luther - 7/4/2012 4:32:18 PM   
princessa

Not sure how i feel about this. I love Luther and I am sad that there will be only one more series. I may see the film if it ever gets made.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 7
RE: Luther - 12/4/2012 5:39:26 PM   
ElephantBoy

While I liked the second season more than the first, I do think it has a slightly limtied range and works better as a TV Show than a film.

(in reply to princessa)
Post #: 8
RE: Luther - 12/4/2012 5:49:04 PM   
Beno

If a movie version can be made with as much care and professionalism as say 'Tinker Tailor' then we will have something great. Couple that with some modern greats of British Cinema like Hurt or Gambon or Mirren in roles then it will be a movie to bring in the masses i expect.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 9
RE: Luther - 12/4/2012 5:53:51 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

If a movie version can be made with as much care and professionalism as say 'Tinker Tailor' then we will have something great. Couple that with some modern greats of British Cinema like Hurt or Gambon or Mirren in roles then it will be a movie to bring in the masses i expect.

Not a fan of Mirren to be honest.
But I agree with everything else you have said.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 10
RE: Luther - 14/4/2012 12:33:08 PM   
spark1

ruth wilson interview-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/2012/apr/14/ruth-wilson-olivier-awards-anna-christie

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 11
RE: Luther - 25/5/2012 10:24:24 AM   
spark1

mr elba on s3 and the movie-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/24013/elba-on-luther-third-series-film

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 12
RE: Luther - 12/6/2012 10:25:09 AM   
spark1

more from mr elba about the movie-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a386491/idris-elba-confirms-luther-movie-plans-its-a-very-strong-goal.html

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 13
RE: Luther - 19/6/2012 5:22:57 PM   
Leonard or Sammy

Great news, I have a HUGE man crush on Luther

For those unaware there a is a Luther novel available (I wont go into detail, but is set on a case investigated before we meet Luther in the first TV series) It is written by Neil Cross - the person who created the TV series. It is an excellent read, and it explains a lot more of what happens in his personal life. For me the plot, story and subject matter are much darker than the TV series. I can not recommend it enough. Having said that though, I don't think this is what the movie will be based on, but just thought I would let all you wise and sage Luther fans know you can get your hands on a bit more of the great man!!

http://bookshop.blackwell.co.uk/jsp/id/LUTHER_The_Calling/9780857203366

Long may Neil Cross keep producing his excellent work.

< Message edited by Leonard or Sammy -- 19/6/2012 5:25:05 PM >

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Luther Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI