DARKSIDERS 2

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> DARKSIDERS 2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DARKSIDERS 2 - 22/3/2012 9:13:09 AM   
JAYDAK1SS

The first Darksiders was an under rated gem, and this one looks even better. Looking at the dev video, the game will have a great

mix of combat and platforming http://youtu.be/gokyjbeL80M , what gamer doesn't like that? Fuck conversation wheels, also there

is this http://youtu.be/8MmX7fxXaR0

Black Jesus!!!:

I rode into town on an ass

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!
Post #: 1
RE: DARKSIDERS 2 - 22/3/2012 5:20:19 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

The first one was very good indeed - I'll definitely pick up the sequel when it comes out

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 2
RE: DARKSIDERS 2 - 22/3/2012 11:05:02 PM   
the anomaly

Interested!

The first was a decent romp. I had some good fun with it.

Though I'm hoping for quite a deviation in terms of the character considering who you are. Looking at the trailers ... not impressed with that aspect so far. Surely War would have fit in any of those situations? Not that it couldn't be fun if it followed the same path as the last one. But considering the character it should play differently.

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 3
RE: DARKSIDERS 2 - 23/3/2012 5:46:18 PM   
JAYDAK1SS

But they say in the developer diary that they are going for a quicker, more agile character play style rather than War's brute force

way. This is supported by moves like Death's wall run and chain swing.

Black Jesus!!!:

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 4
RE: DARKSIDERS 2 - 31/3/2012 10:37:19 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAYDAK1SS

But they say in the developer diary that they are going for a quicker, more agile character play style rather than War's brute force

way. This is supported by moves like Death's wall run and chain swing.

I'm not writing it off or anything. Just going off that trailer I was hoping for more of a change.

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 5
RE: DARKSIDERS 2 - 1/4/2012 5:25:51 PM   
borstal

I really enjoyed a lot of the first one and its zeldesque lovelyness but it got to a point where I couldnt be bothered going through it again to get the 1000g.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 6
RE: DARKSIDERS 2 - 1/4/2012 6:47:32 PM   
JAYDAK1SS

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

I really enjoyed a lot of the first one and its zeldesque lovelyness but it got to a point where I couldnt be bothered going through it again to get the 1000g.

Now now, just you can't boost your way to 1000G doesn't mean the game should be slated.. Mr. Boostal

Black Jesus!!!:

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 7
RE: DARKSIDERS 2 - 2/4/2012 10:26:58 AM   
borstal

Im not going to compare games completed with you. Hows mile high club going?

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 8
RE: DARKSIDERS 2 - 3/4/2012 9:59:40 AM   
JAYDAK1SS

quote:

Hows mile high club going?

Black Jesus!!!:

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 9
RE: DARKSIDERS 2 - 3/4/2012 12:29:25 PM   
borstal

I just remembered you 100%-ed Gunstar Heroes. Fuck Mile High and marry me?

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 10
RE: DARKSIDERS 2 - 3/4/2012 3:47:43 PM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

I just remembered you 100%-ed Gunstar Heroes.

WHAAAAAT?!!

Respect.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 11
RE: DARKSIDERS 2 - 3/4/2012 4:05:43 PM   
borstal

Hands off bitch, Jaydak is mine

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 12
RE: DARKSIDERS 2 - 21/8/2012 3:52:50 PM   
sroey

Has anyone else picked this up?

Mine arrived Saturday morning thanks to the lovely folks at Shopto.

Certain parts of the game look splendid and the art design is great. As per the first game though screen tearing is an absolute horror again here.

I must say I am not digging the first hub/area that much - I have moved onto the next area and it is much improved. You will see what I mean when you get there,

Its more of an RPG now but item management is a bit clumsy and a pain and I think I prefer War as a character, although Michael Wincott does a great job of voicing Death.

After a good several hours on this where - dare I say it - I was a little bored with the opening dungeons - its has a couple of great set pieces and is picking up a bit now.

Slower starting that the first game but still a great game to play through after the first few hours...

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 13
RE: DARKSIDERS 2 - 21/8/2012 10:08:45 PM   
JAYDAK1SS

Getting my copy this weekend so hoping to get into it for two days if the girlfriend doesn't disturb/ talk to/ look at me at all.

I have high hopes for this so if it does start out dull hope it picks up....

Black Jesus!!!:

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 14
RE: DARKSIDERS 2 - 22/8/2012 8:16:29 AM   
sroey

The game pretty much just starts, I have no idea if the game carries on from the end of the first (I recently watched the ending of the 1st on youtube to catchup) but I think that the sequel is set as War is imprisoned at the start of the first and must coincide with events from that...

The first games ending is awesome... 

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 15
RE: DARKSIDERS 2 - 24/8/2012 7:57:39 PM   
JAYDAK1SS

This one is meant to be running parallel to the first game, it mentions it in the 4 second intro. It really does just start, can't see people who didn't play the first one knowing what is going on. I haven't played much but I was finding it hard to put down. Michael Wincott is great though in what I have seen.

Black Jesus!!!:

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 16
RE: DARKSIDERS 2 - 25/8/2012 4:33:48 PM   
losthighway

Downloaded Angel of Death DLC and Crucible DLC but haven't got a clue if either are influencing the game and not sure how to find out either - any help appreciated! Found setting it up all rather confusing too as it wanted me to create a THQ Community account and following declining that option the game then initially refused to respond to my controller despite it having new batteries installed and working just fine previously. Anyway got the game working, started it and have to say I'm a bit disappointed - not with the screen tear that someone else has mentioned (however it is atrocious at one point) but just how close it feels to playing the recent Prince of Persia game but with Death instead of the Prince. It's shockingly similar!

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 17
RE: DARKSIDERS 2 - 26/8/2012 8:36:30 PM   
JAYDAK1SS

Not sure what angel of death DLC does, the crucible will appear later in the first "chapter". Stick with this game, as sroey said it does start slow but gets much better around the third dungeon I think.

Black Jesus!!!:

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 18
RE: DARKSIDERS 2 - 28/8/2012 9:49:12 AM   
sroey

Stick with it - once you get towards the end of the 1st area with the Scottish giants there are some excellent set pieces...

As soon as you hit the 2nd realm things really pick up and it actually feels alot like the first game. The only issue so far for me is that all of this takes place while War is locked up at the start of the first game. He hasn't even begun his quest at the outset of the 1st one. So Death is on a mission to clear War. So nothing from the first game makes an appearance, no angels etc (so far anyway)

Once you start to level up and get some decent gear (possessed equipment rocks) it does open the game up. I even had to give up on a side quest/dungeon as I was getting my ass kicked - I'll be heading back for revenge when I'm powered up some more. The action is very stop - start. Its either a room full of puzzles followed by a room to clear of enemies or vice versa.

But despite all that - I want to play more... Combat is very addictive and rewarding and some of the battles are tense and epic when you are struggling against tougher foes! I just wish it was more involved with events from the first game - although that may come later on. Even having played the 1st game, I had to read up on events from that to make sense of what was going on here. Newbies will be confused even more no doubt!

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 19
RE: DARKSIDERS 2 - 28/8/2012 5:24:13 PM   
JAYDAK1SS

SPOILER ?
quote:

ORIGINAL: sroey

I even had to give up on a side quest/dungeon as I was getting my ass kicked - I'll be heading back for revenge when I'm powered up some more.

Are you referring to the Deposed King? I'd say I tallied half my total deaths against him just to finally jack it in and run away.

Black Jesus!!!:

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 20
RE: DARKSIDERS 2 - 28/8/2012 5:45:03 PM   
losthighway

I've past the Scottish giants and I'm just in the Cauldron area. I'm about to relight it (i presume!)

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 21
RE: DARKSIDERS 2 - 28/8/2012 6:29:36 PM   
JAYDAK1SS

No no, you are not past the giants yet....

Black Jesus!!!:

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

Post #: 22
RE: DARKSIDERS 2 - 29/8/2012 8:06:47 AM   
sroey

quote:

ORIGINAL: JAYDAK1SS

SPOILER ?
quote:

ORIGINAL: sroey

I even had to give up on a side quest/dungeon as I was getting my ass kicked - I'll be heading back for revenge when I'm powered up some more.

Are you referring to the Deposed King? I'd say I tallied half my total deaths against him just to finally jack it in and run away.

Not even him - I've heard he is a hard bastard - need to be at least level 20 to tackle him apparently. It was Gorn I think, a corrupt construct. I never even made it to him in his dungeon, you get a series of long drawn out battles with little chance of recovery. Got my ass handed too me all too often!

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 23
RE: DARKSIDERS 2 - 29/8/2012 7:19:56 PM   
JAYDAK1SS

Ah yes, the lead to him with the room of 3 waves of enemies basically makes up the other half my deaths, he isn't to bad once you get to him.

Black Jesus!!!:

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 24
RE: DARKSIDERS 2 - 30/8/2012 9:51:55 AM   
losthighway

I'm upto some giant robot thing called Ghan/Khan??? Looks like one of the big bads to me. Definitely past the Scottish giants though.

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 25
RE: DARKSIDERS 2 - 4/9/2012 8:46:27 PM   
JAYDAK1SS

Well finished this earlier, gameplay is great and really enjoyed the dungeons and the platforming / puzzle element.

But compared to the original the Boss fights aren't as interesting since they generally don't have much of a puzzle side to them, you just batter them.

Also, didn't find the story as interesting.

Spoiler
It doesn't really tie into the original at all, any parts that do just don't seem like they belong there. The overall plot just isn't that interesting. Story wise and Boss fight-wise I haven't been this disappointed in a sequel since Soul Reaver 2 was released. Pity since Death is a bad ass mothafucka in this.

Black Jesus!!!:

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

Post #: 26
RE: DARKSIDERS 2 - 6/9/2012 7:41:59 PM   
JAYDAK1SS

Well tried the Crucible thing, from the start got to level 75 and who pops his ugly head up but my friend the Deposed King. Needless to say I shall not be finishing the Crucible and also, Fuck this game.

Black Jesus!!!:

Yo mommas ass

Black Jesus!!!!!

(in reply to JAYDAK1SS)
Post #: 27
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> DARKSIDERS 2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI